Page 495 of 721 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Toronto, Head On, 1981, AM NE, AMLH 64872

Holly Woods lead vocals.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Gordon Giltrap - Perilous Journey
    (1977, The Electric Record Company/Cube) UK pressing; DAMONT in the deadwax, pressed at Damont Audio Limited

w/ Simon Phillips on drums. recycled picture
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Gordon Giltrap, Perilous Journey, 1977, Electric Record Company UK, TRIX 4

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post

Gordon Giltrap - Perilous Journey
    (1977, The Electric Record Company/Cube) UK pressing; DAMONT in the deadwax, pressed at Damont Audio Limited

w/ Simon Phillips on drums. recycled picture
    Original english pressing label. Very strong and recommended stuff but not my piece of cake because of too much synthesizers.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Gordon Giltrap, Visionary, 1976, Electric Record Company UK, TRIX 2

Same musicians and music as on "Perilous journey". Instrumentals, honey coated with orchestra and sugar coated with synthesizers. Think: these were the times of punk music! Nobody wanted to hear this kind of music then. Very recommended today.

Gordon Giltrap, Fear Of The Dark, 1978, Electric Record Company D, INT 161.353

Same procedure as every year. German pressing. No track without any synthesizer. Listen to track A3 "Inner Dream": even the flutes were "played" by synthesizers. No go.....

Oscar Peterson, Blues Etude, 1966, Mercury NE, Limelight Series, 220 032 LMY

Sam Jones and Ray Brown bass. Louis Hayes drums. Actually this recording marks a transitional period in the history of the Oscar Peterson Trio, since Ray Brown is heard on some of the tracks and Sam Jones on others. No studio recording credits at all. Superb record.

Larry John McNally, Same, 1981, ARC Columbia US, ARC 37455

Dumb Lp cover, but he was songwriter of the song "Long drag off a cigarette" performed by Joe Cocker. He also wrote the songs "Nobody's girl" and "Slow ride" for Bonnie Rait, who described him in a recent interview with USA Today as "Great songwriter that went under the radar". Rod Stewart's "Motown song" was his songwriting masterwork. This one is with Buzz Feiten playing guitar.

Roger Cook, Alright, 1975, Polydor England, 2383 357

Songwriter (together with Roger Greenaway) of so many wonderful famous songs. He had some remarkable songs left for this album. And a unique voice. Reggie Young guitar and electric sitar. Listen to track B5 "Vietnam baby". It's alright....

Pink Floyd - Meddle
    (1971, Harvest) Winchester plant symbol; MASTERED BY CAPITOL Jay in the deadwax

I had a new pair of headphones waiting from UPS when I got home from work today, Hifiman HE-400i's using planar magnetic drivers. There was a deal I couldn't refuse with the holiday online sales last week. Lots of fun putting them through their paces. I'll use them at work. Taking a break to listen to a record on the main system.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Pink Floyd, Meddle, 1971, Harvest GB, Special Edition, 777 002

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Pink Floyd - Meddle
    (1971, Harvest) Winchester plant symbol; MASTERED BY CAPITOL Jay in the deadwax

I had a new pair of headphones waiting from UPS when I got home from work today, Hifiman HE-400i's using planar magnetic drivers. There was a deal I couldn't refuse with the holiday online sales last week. Lots of fun putting them through their paces. I'll use them at work. Taking a break to listen to a record on the main system.
    The ultimative test-LP. It's burnt into my brain. I know every nuance. When i was young i used to hear this one by using headphones. This album is an icon. Harvest is cult. This one is a Swiss special edition for ExLibris. In 1971 it was some kind of a cheapo with simple cover sleeve. No foldcover. Later i realized by comparison that it's a very outstanding english pressing. Today very sought after.

Jack DeJohnette's Special Edition, Album Album, 1984, ECM D, ECM 1280

All winners no fillers. All compositions by Jack Dejohnette. Dedicated to his mother and his father. With funny pictures on inner fold cover. Recorded at Power Station, New York. Mixed at Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, Germany. Hey, this one has big drive and superb dynamics.

Various Artists, The Rock Machine Turns You On, 1968, CBS GB, SPR22

The rock machine turns you on. It did, indeed. In the seventies. Track A2 "Can't be so bad" by Moby Grape from the album "Wow" is simply great. Superb english CBS pressing with brilliant dynamics. Never heard "Time of the season" by the Zombies in such great sound. The Peanut Butter Conspiracy with "Turn on a friend" from the LP "The Great Conspiracy". Hat off to Roy Harper on track B6 "Nobody's got any money in the summer" from the LP "Come out fighting Ghengis Smith". Listen to the energetic rock song by Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera "Flames" from the LP with the same title.

Big Mama Thornton, Sassy Mama!, 1975, Vanguard US, VSD 79354

That's why we love you, USA! What great voices you have! You have all the great voices of the world! We poor little Swiss have none actually. But we have this LP. Cornell Dupree guitar. Superb US pressing. Thanks to the thrift store in Altstätten, Switzerland this summer for 10 SFr.. On a cold foggy evening like this, you have to listen to this LP........

so I got the DVD of The Stones Hyde Park '69 concert from la bibliotecha and enjoyed it so much that it's been played 2x and will get a bit more before returning. So, of course, had to whip out "Sticky Fingers". It's like an old friend.

ran across this Johnny album yesterday.. disk was terrible and jacket in 2 pieces, but had never seen it b4. Had to grab the jacket pieces, at least.

Cain't ya heard me knockin' ??
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Various Artists, Future Sounds Of Jazz, Vol 8., 2001, Compost D, 3LP, 102-1

Nu-Jazz. New Jazz? Is it Jazz? How is the definition of Jazz? Don't worry. Time will tell....

Thread Information