Page 492 of 721 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Billy Field, Bad Habits, 1981, WEA D, K 90026

Big surprise. A voice you should be aware of. You want to listen to this one all over again......One of the most surprising discoveries of the last time. All winners, no fillers. A little bit, as Sinatra did his job. No bad habits on this album. Superb german pressing with fine dynamics. Remember Frank.....Today we had the first snowflakes of this winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Pierre Moerlen's Gong, Time Is The Key, 1979, Arista D, 064-63 314, german pressing

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Pierre Moerlen's Gong - Time Is The Key
    (1979, Arista) STERLING in the deadwax

w/ Allan Holdsworth, Daryl Way.
    Some kind of hypnotic mood. This is the german pressing. Fine dynamics. Lead guitar contributions of Allan Holdsworth only on tracks A4,A5,A6. Lowlight of Holdsworth's guitar playing. No heart and soul in this kind of guitar work...... A little bit at the edge of supermarket music. Listen to track A3 "Supermarket".
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Aerosmith, Rocks, 1976, Columbia US, JC 34165

earlier...
    Bert Jansch - Jack Orion
    (1970, Vanguard) -1B/-1B

original release in '66 on the Transatlantic label. w/ John Renbourn. Killer recording/material.
    now...

Aerosmith - Rocks
    (1976, Columbia) -1A / -1A STERLING in the deadwax

textured cover with original inner sleeve. smokin'
    Reissue US pressing for European market. The vocals of Steve Perry are produced very weak. US pressing with poor dynamics.

Motors, 1, 1977, Virgin CAN, V 2089

Produced by (later famous) Mutt Lange. Good Canadian pressing. Bram Tchaikovsky guitar. Brit-Punkrock. Pub Rock?

Booker T. & The MG's, Pop History Vol.8, 1970, Polydor D, 2625 013

Soul Limbo. Easy listening sunday evening music by Steve Cropper and Co.. Simple and pure. Keep it simple. Wonderful pressings these german "Pop History" 2 LP compilations! Very very superb dynamics! You have to catch every (!) of these Polydor "Pop History" albums!!!! Listen to the guitar on Beatles song track C3 "I want you". Listen to the guitar on every track. Melting Pot!

Hendrix Live

Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy
    (2011, Experience Hendrix) STERLING RJ; mastered by Ray Janos

listening to record 3 from this terrific box set .

Did you ever have the chance to see Hendrix live in concert? Is there a Hendrix Museum in Seattle ?

The Hour Glass, 1967-1969, 2LP, Liberty US, 1973, UA LA-013-G2

The Hour Glass represents the first commercial output of Allman Brothers Gregg and Duane. Despite having been in the business for a few years, the boys were manipulated in classic "I'm gonna make you a star"-style into moving to LA dressed up in the hippy gladrags, having songs picked out for them and being allowed to perform only fo a few high-profile gigs. Charming Pop-Soul double album.
    P.S.: it's not possible anymore to manage attachments to this post. Does anybody know where's the problem?

The Hour Glass, 1967-1969, 2LP, Liberty US, 1973, UA LA-013-G2

Yesterday I wanted to add these pictures, but it was not possible. See my last post.

Joni Mitchell - Miles Of Aisles
    (1974, Asylum) WLP

2LPs, great set capturing a live Joni Mitchell in her prime. Listening to sides 2 & 3.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Did you ever have the chance to see Hendrix live in concert? Is there a Hendrix Museum in Seattle ?

I wish I had but I was 14 years old in 1970 and not yet attending concerts - although we did have plenty of exposure to rock n' roll in school at the time of course. I might have seen him if I had attended Garfield High School in central Seattle but I grew up .. in the northern suburbs - I recall reading that he made an appearance at his old high school when he was in town for a concert at Seattle Center. (Quincy Jones also attended Garfield). The Reprise Greatest Hits was probably the first Hendrix record I heard from a classmate. Yes, the Hendrix museum - also known as the Experience Music Project - is worth a visit when in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    The Hour Glass represents the first commercial output of Allman Brothers Gregg and Duane. Despite having been in the business for a few years, the boys were manipulated in classic "I'm gonna make you a star"-style into moving to LA dressed up in the hippy gladrags, having songs picked out for them and being allowed to perform only fo a few high-profile gigs. Charming Pop-Soul double album.
    Great overview of this record, I can't recall if I have the original. There was at least one off-label reissue later in the 70s with cheap packaging, that's one I see all the time.

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
    (1965, Columbia) -1G/-1D 2nd pressing with "360 Sound" in White

fun fact: according to Wikipedia, the cat on the cover is Dylan's and named Rolling Stone.

Grateful Dead - Europe '72
    (1972, Warner Bros) WLP -1A/-1A Artisan symbol in the deadwax

listening to Record 2, sides 3 & 4. a nice live record with prominent low frequencies. I've heard the phrase "Phil bombs" refer to Lesh's bass playing, seems accurate!

Mad River - s/t
    (1968, Capitol) Promo stamped LP jacket

a surprising find earlier this year. described by allmusic as sounding like an extremely dark version of Quicksilver Messenger Service with a bit of Country Joe & the Fish's minor-key melodies thrown in.

Procol Harum, Grand Hotel, 1973, Chrysalis D, 6307 511, Booklet, FC

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
    (1965, Columbia) -1G/-1D 2nd pressing with "360 Sound" in White

fun fact: according to Wikipedia, the cat on the cover is Dylan's and named Rolling Stone.

Shall we want to bring it all back home or bring home the bacon? This is the kind of humour of Keith Reid. Procol Harum was great fun. Reid twisted the words as he wanted to. Because it's more fun. Dylan had no humour. Does anybody know a Dylan song with any kind of humour? One of the most beautiful LP booklets! Grand hotel music!

Joni Mitchell, Miles Of Aisles, 1974, Asylum US, AB 202, 2 LP, FC

Joni Mitchell - Miles Of Aisles
    (1974, Asylum) WLP

2LPs, great set capturing a live Joni Mitchell in her prime. Listening to sides 2 & 3.

This is the usual (not promo) version. US pressing. Robben Ford guitar!

Thread Information