Page 461 of 721 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Carol Grimes, Same (Memphis Album), 1975, Goodear Bellaphon D, EAR 5005

German Bellaphon pressings were always superb. Mostly heavy vinyl of best quality. This one is a big one. Her Memphis album. What a great voice. For fans of Memphis/Nashville sounds. Produced by Don Nix, Bob Potter, Mick Jones (Foreigner). Hear and look at all those important studio cracks. Wonderful discovery on a flea market in Yverdon Switzerland in June 2015 for 6 Franks.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Dynaflex

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    The Kinks - Preservation Act 2
    (1974, RCA)
    What do you think about Dynaflex of RCA? I think, they often have poor dynamics. Was the Vinyl quality good? Im'not so shure. Gruss aus der Schweiz

Listening to record 1. even a scattered mess like this record is interesting, as you expect from Ray Davies and the Kinks
    What do you think about Dynaflex of RCA? I think, they often have poor dynamics. What about the vinyl quality? I prefer 180gr Vinyl. But the newest pressings are not always without doubts. Gruss aus der Schweiz.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Tourists, Reality Effect, 1979, Logo Records D, 823 867-1

Do you like the "Eurythmics"? Why not? This one is Pre-Eurithmics by Lennox & Stewart. Drive and power with intersting guitar rock. Nearly no synthesizers. Remembering the Who in the seventies. Hand made. Many witty ideas. Thrift store buy this summer. Will there ever be a comeback of the Tourists?

Eric Gale, Blue Horizon, Elektra Musician D, MUS K 52 349

I know the guitar playing of Eric Gale since the days of STUFF. I forgive him this kind of "easy listening Jazz", because his splendid guitar solos are symptomatic for his style. A very special style you may recognize anyway anyhow anywhere. I simply love this one. OH REALLY, ITS EASY LISTENING TO. why not? Is it Jazz? It swings, black music, it's Jazz.

Does anybody read these posts?

Does anybody read these posts? Why do you?

Yes, I'm sure!

Get ideas for new music and music I've forgotten.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

El Chicano, Viva Tirado, 1970, MCA D, 0042.037 German ReRelease "Pop Classics"

All killers no fillers. Very best latin rhythms from East Los Angeles. New Chicano conciousness on the rise. Bobby Espinosa's hammond dominates. Little Mickey Lespron guitar. Does anybody know the work and live of this guitarist? Hey, he plays a very special style! Latin rock was only Santana for me in the seventies. Carlos was the godfather of latin pop. For me. Later i discovered the sources of it all little by litte. Listen to track A4 an B4: cheeky versions of "Eleanor Rigby" and a short "Light my fire" without any respect for the originals. Thrift store this summer for 4 Fr.. I have it already in the 1970 original version, but also this rerelease sounds wonderful. Superb Dynamics. You have to hear this one LOUD! Close the windows. This one makes you move. And dance?

Is there any reason to listen to an AOR Lp like this? Why did i pick up this one on a flea market this summer? I always take time to read the list of musicians and producers. Ron Nevison recorded as following: Physical Graffity, Irish Tour 74 by Rory Gallagher etc..... Why shouldn't i buy this AOR Lp? Greg Ladanyi was producer of Jackson Browne, Warren Zevon, The Church, Toto, Fleetwood Mac, Don Henley, Jeff Healey etc. Why shouldn't i buy this one? It's a little bit overproduced. But the vocals and twin guitars by Gary West and Van McLain are well produced. But this is an example of music played too clean. It isn't "only rock'n'roll, but i like it" anymore. In the eighties, there was an overload of this. Saturation. Let's put it into the attic and we will listen to it again in 2025. Perhaps we will have another perspective then.

Shooting Star, Silent Scream, 1985, Geffen D, 207 258-620

Is there any reason to listen to an AOR Lp like this? Why did i pick up this one on a flea market this summer? I always take much time to read the list of musicians and producers on the back covers. This one was produced by Ron Nevison and Greg Ladanyi. Audio Engineer Ron Nevison recorded as follows: Quadrophenia and Bad Company's first. He was the builder of Ronnie Lanes Mobile Studio. Here is the origin of Physical Graffity, Irish Tour 74 by Rory Gallagher etc..... Why shouldn't i buy this AOR Lp? Greg Ladanyi was producer of Jackson Browne, Warren Zevon, The Church, Toto, Fleetwood Mac, Don Henley, Jeff Healey etc. Why shouldn't i buy this one? It's a little bit overproduced. But the vocals and twin guitars by Gary West and Van McLain are well produced. SpeakerLabFan would say "nice". This is an example of music played too clean. It isn't "only rock'n'roll, but i like it" anymore. In the eighties, there was an overload of this. Saturation. Let's put it into the basement room with all the stored Punk Lp's and we will listen to it again in 2025. Perhaps we will have another perspective then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Anyhow this guitarist didn't ever made it in the big music business.
    But he was nearly everywhere in the music scene of the seventies. His style was too meandering.
    There was no clear line in his work. Listen to track B3 "Hey, Miss Betty". The song is a rocking hommage
    to '50s bondage Queen Betty Page. Her career had an abrupt end:
    she disappeared one day and was never seen again in show business. Was this a wise decision?
    Who cares about betty - I had a friend (now passed) that was part of the NY camera club that did the first shots of her way back when ...

But Spedding ... Nice piece of work!

Chris spedding had a big hit with "pogo dancing" - got a copy of that somewhere .
    Plus he did a great deal of work on the later Bryan Ferry albums - In Your Mind for one ... rockabilly fun!
    I guess Bryan wanted him instead of Phil Manzanera (who was kinda my Roxy fave)

wki sez:
    In June 2014, Spedding appeared as a special guest playing guitar with Bryan Ferry at the 2014 Glastonbury Festival held in Pilton, Somerset, United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Spedding
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Neil Young - Zuma
    (1975, Reprise) -1A/-1B

Nice. A favorite from Neil and the horse.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    What do you think about Dynaflex of RCA? I think, they often have poor dynamics. What about the vinyl quality? I prefer 180gr Vinyl. But the newest pressings are not always without doubts. Gruss aus der Schweiz.
    My experience with the RCA Dynaflex LPs is that the sound quality is no more or less variable than titles recorded on heavier vinyl. From my listening I haven't heard anything to conclude that Dynaflex records are generally less dynamic. If it's a good mastering & pressing - it sounds great on these LPs. If it's a not so good mastering/pressing - it won't sound great on any vinyl to my ears.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Dynaflex

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    My experience with the RCA Dynaflex LPs is that the sound quality is no more or less variable than titles recorded on heavier vinyl. From my listening I haven't heard anything to conclude that Dynaflex records are generally less dynamic. If it's a good mastering & pressing - it sounds great on these LPs. If it's a not so good mastering/pressing - it won't sound great on any vinyl to my ears.
    Is it possible, that many Dynaflex Lp's have weaker dynamics, because they have often "Cut Out"- covers? Are they declassified because of their pressing quality or because of too big stock? I always have to shake my head about that. Why did the record companies in US mistreat so many LP's? Especially RCA. Nearly every Dynaflex was declassified by cutting out. Sometimes there is hole at the edge like a bullet hole. In Switzerland we only use our weapons in military service or during civil contests. We don't know such declassification of vinyl of European pressings. Aren't you annoyed, if you buy such mistreated Lp covers? Remember: You should not mistreat vinyl records or their cover. (The eleventh commandment). We have known since over 70 years, that vinyl records are made for eternity, if we take care of them. But the problem is the LP cover to preserve. I keep my records in plastic sleeves and put them into antistatic inner sleeves. It's for the sonic heritage........

Warren Zevon, Stand In The Fire, 1980, Elektra D, AS 52 265

Recorded Live at the Roxy. Produced by Greg Ladanyi. This was a shure thing for the producer. This musicians had much energy. An impressive concert record! Warren Zevon died 12 years ago because of cancer 56 years old. Listen to track A2: "Jeannie needs a shooter". Written together with Bruce Springsteen. Warren Zevon was supported for a career by Jackson Browne. He and Zevon: 2 outstanding musicians. Why do you like the work of Warren Zevon? Or not?

Asylum Records Label sign

Does anybody know, what the Asylum Label picture means? There are so many funny label signs. But this one.....

Thread Information