Page 458 of 721 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
    I can highly recommend owning an island. The peace and serenity of having a space free of electricity, internet, phones, cars etc. is wonderful. Mine is small and rather far north of the Virgin Islands but it is great to get out of the heat of South Carolina in the dog days of summer and go someplace where you still need a blanket to sleep at night while listening to loons calling and waves lapping the shore.
    Attachment 66581
    Attachment 66582
    Oh, you're a lucky man. How come? Bought? Conquered? No enemies or pirates to fear? Gruss from Switzerland. It's raining here. We have to be busy. A little bit frustrating when i look at your pictures.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    This LP was not for sale. It was for listening. But why did i have to pay 10 Swiss Franks for it? I know, i know.... The beautiful cover was painted by Margareta. Hey Vinylfreaks, who is Margareta? Where is Margareta? C'mon you americans know it. Tell me! Gruss Fritz
    Margareta Kaukonen - Jorma's wife. She did some of the wild art on Hot Tuna LPs as well.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Robert Hunter - Tiger Rose
    (1975, Round Records) -1B/-1B; artisan symbol in the deadwax

produced and arranged by Jerry Garcia. also w/ Mickey Hart, David Grisman. Great songwriter but - much better to have Jerry or Bob Weir sing his songs.

Toni Tennille, All Of Me, 1987, Gaia US, 13 900-1

What a wonderful voice. She was one half of the Captain & Tennille Pop Duo. Their big hit in 1975 was " Love will keep us together". The divorce of her husband Daryl Dragon (Captain) was finalized in 2014. Will a new love keep them together with someone new? This LP is a very strong one and a big surprise. Jazzzzz! I bought it because of the name of Sammy Nestico noticed on the back cover. The voice of Toni reminds me of Shirley Bassey: strong voice with a special Jazz- character. The Big Band was produced and conducted by Sammy Nestico. Very important Jazz producer. Toni Tennille is the voice on Pink Floyds " One of my turns" of the "Wall" and B-Side of the 45rpm "Another Brick in the wall part 2". She adds the groupie monologue "Oh god what a fabulous room.....". The song ends rather depressingly. Look at Wikipedia: "One of my turns" Pink Floyd. Does anybody own interesting vinyl with Sammy Nestico?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

War, Why can't we be friends, 1975, UA US, UA-LA 441-G

Who loves war? In Switzerland we had big luck during the world wars. In Switzerland i had big luck this summer as i found this "war" in a thrift store. The sound is superb. Fine dynamics. Is there a meaning in the picture on the front cover? Was the work of war much profitable? War is always profitable. Or is it just a friendly face of an ordinary neighbour? Listen to "Leroy's Latin Lament (Medley)". The music here is shining bright.... And sometimes pure magic.

Grateful Dead, Without a net, 1990, Arista D, 3 LPs, Triple Folding Cover, 303 935

Robert Hunter contributed the lyrics to most of the Jerry Garcia songs. This one: over 2 hours of music. Fantastic Cover. Superb live sound. Did GD ever have gigs in Switzerland? Does anybody know? These songs made it rarely onto earlier GD live Lp's before. Sometimes very jazzy.

Fairport Convention - Rising For The Moon
    (1975, Island) mastered at The Mastering Lab

I check youtube from time to time to see if more of this clip has been posted, or more clips of Sandy Denny in live performance. It seems there are only a few, this one is all to short, promoting the LP:

Robert Hunter contributed the lyrics to most of the Jerry Garcia songs. This one: over 2 hours of music. Fantastic Cover. Superb live sound. Did GD ever have gigs in Switzerland? Does anybody know? These songs made it rarely onto earlier GD live Lp's before. Sometimes very jazzy.
    Never heard of stops in CH. They were close for the Europe '72 tour when they played Munich on May 18.

Oh, you're a lucky man. How come? Bought? Conquered? No enemies or pirates to fear? Gruss from Switzerland. It's raining here. We have to be busy. A little bit frustrating when i look at your pictures.
    It's been in the family for 60 years, I'm 3rd generation owner. Hopefully many more. The camp is quite old for that part of the world, first built in the 1920's. Much is still original from the massive stone fireplace to the blue china dinner plates that came with the place. No pirates but we do have a cannon that we fire each day to announce the cocktail hour. It shoots tennis balls filled with sand.

I skied at Interlaken for a week once, my only trip to Switzerland. A wonderful place.

Bobby & The Midnites, Where the beat meets the street, CBS NE, 26046

It's beer o'clock. And this one is right now. It's only AOR, but I like it. Bob Weir meets Ry Cooder, Jeff Baxter and Brian Setzer for a beer. Bill Cobham beats his own drum. Bob Cochrane supplies his strong voice. Does anybody know the other members of the band? Gruss aus Switzerland. We have good beer here!

Whitesnake, Trouble, 1978, Harvest D, 064-61 740

Marsden/Moody. A superb guitar duo. But we can't forget Richie Blackmore. This one was a big fun for every participating musician. Deep Purple was pure terror at this time. Listen to Moody's "Belgian Tom's Hat Trick". Who is Belgian's Tom? Tell me!

The Romantics, Same, 1980, Epic Nemperor,NE, 84095

The Romantics are on tour these days in USA: 29. Aug. 2015 in Atlanta. What colour of jackets and jeans will they wear at their gig? This one, produced by Pete Solley in Miami Beach, is rather fresh and quick rock in the style of Kinks/Them/ Who etc. plus not too much punk attitude. But the clothes they wear, i don't know.........TZZZZZ

Romantics, National Breakout, 1980, Epic Nemperor, NE, 84716

Beautiful weather, still 27 Degree Celsius this august evening. I like august the most of all the months of the year. The right time for some Romantics records and cooking something special. Perfect combination. Listen to track A 5 "A night like this"!

Romantics, In Heat, 1983, Epic Nemperor NE, 25765

Look at their pretty hairstyle. Oh no, the eighties... But the music is fascinating. This is a bright spot in the mostly horrible pop music of the eighties. And this one is a very fresh one. It sounds fresh also after over 30 years. Forget their hairstyle. Iconic Front cover. We possibly had similar hairstyle at that time, or not........"Talking in your sleep", track B1 was their big hit in 1983. Rick James would smile or consult his laywer...... Listen to the rhythm theme!

Romantics, Rhythm Romance, 1985, Epic Nemperor, NE, 26567

This is the end. No more Romantics as known. And with this one, we're arrived at the pop of the eighties. A great pity. Too clean. As the hairstyle is. No, this one is too usual for the eighties.

Thread Information