Page 430 of 721 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

John Fahey - The New Possibility
    (1968, Takoma)

recycled picture from last December.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Lou Reed - New York
    (1989, Sire) MASTERDISK in the deadwax, mastered by Robert Ludwig at Masterdisk

one of many favorites from Lou Reed. A grown-up voice like few others - I hear new stuff on every listen. Lost him just over a year ago, sad loss.

Wings - Wings Greatest
    (1978, Capitol) MASTERED BY CAPITOL Wally, mastered by Wally Traugott

Terrific sounding compilation. saccharine overload on several songs but offset by Juniors Farm and others.

The Doors - Strange Days
    (1967, Elektra) Mono label, stereo matrices - EKS 74014

an interesting find yesterday, appears to be a mislabeled Stereo pressing since the deadwax has stereo matrices. I guess this happens as I see reference to another in a recent ebay sale. Too bad, a mono pressing would be fun to find.

Now it's my favorite Doors' LP. When it came out in 1967 it wasn't, but there were just two LPs at the time.
    I do recall getting creeped out listening to "Horse Lattitudes". I would skip listening to it. I still don't care for it or "When The Music's Over".

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    Now it's my favorite Doors' LP. When it came out in 1967 it wasn't, but there were just two LPs at the time.
    I do recall getting creeped out listening to "Horse Lattitudes". I would skip listening to it. I still don't care for it or "When The Music's Over".

Larry
    of course , the first 2 albums were the highlights of the catalog ...and will forever retain their elevated status. I DO agree that HL is not something enjoyable that I care to listen to ..repeatedly.

My least favorite LP of the Doors is Morrison Hotel. The only single release from the LP was You Make Me Real/Roadhouse Blues. Neither were big hits. I ripped only Blue Sunday, Ship Of Fools, Queen Of The Highway and Indian Summer into my iTunes. I had a friend that was a fan of the Doors that I made an exercise tape for. She wanted nothing but Roadhouse Blues over and over for a complete side. She hated Hello, I Love You, so I did one of that tune, too, over and over as a joke and gave it to her first with her thinking it contained Roadhouse Blues. She was a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    My least favorite LP of the Doors is Morrison Hotel. The only single release from the LP was You Make Me Real/Roadhouse Blues. Neither were big hits. I ripped only Blue Sunday, Ship Of Fools, Queen Of The Highway and Indian Summer into my iTunes. I had a friend that was a fan of the Doors that I made an exercise tape for. She wanted nothing but Roadhouse Blues over and over for a complete side. She hated Hello, I Love You, so I did one of that tune, too, over and over as a joke and gave it to her first with her thinking it contained Roadhouse Blues. She was a good sport.
    Got to admit ,,the ones that stick with me = BREAK ON THROUGH , LOVE ME 2 TIMES , STRANGE DAYS.

later albums were hit/miss

this is a little strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdjg3QtLd6Q

I can remember the summer of 1967, after spending a week at my aunt and uncle's place in the Kittitas Valley, driving westbound over Snoqualmie Pass on the west side, finally being able to pick up KJR on the radio and hearing Light My Fire for the first time. I liked it right off the bat. It didn't take me long to buy that first album when it came out though. Now, it isn't a particular favorite of mine although I would like to have the single version. Waiting For The Sun was a disappointment. I liked only the hits that were on it. I liked The Soft Parade better than Waiting For The Sun. L.A. Woman, I really like Riders On The Storm and Love Her Madly, the rest were like most of Waiting For The Sun.

David Grisman - Mondo Mando
    (1981, Warner Bros) GF in the deadwax, mastered by Greg Fulginiti at Artisan Sound Recorders

4 Gibson mandolins performing here. I heard Peter Rowan's interview awhile back on NPR where he tells stories about early days playing bluegrass with Bill Monroe and with Grisman in Old And In The Way.

Jefferson Airplane - Jefferson Airplane Takes Off
    (1966, RCA Victor)

recycled pics. easy enough to hear and appreciate Jack Casady's terrific bass playing in this debut record

Jefferson Airplane - After Bathing At Baxter's
    (1967, RCA)

ah, nice.

Elvis Costello And The Attractions ‎– Ten Bloody Marys & Ten How's Your Fathers
    (1984, Imp) UK pressing, BilBo TapeOne in the deadwax, mastered by Denis Blackham

UK equivalent of the US release Taking Liberties w/ B sides and non-album tracks.

The Who - Direct Hits
    (1968, Track) UK pressing

recycled pics.

The Who - Live At Leeds
    (1970, Track) UK pressing; JA in the deadwax, mastered by Jack Adams at Tape One

I don't listen to this enough, forgot how much fun this is.

Thread Information