Page 358 of 721 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Big fun from the Canterbury crowd!

Of course, there was a stunningly good remaster of this album back in 2011 - at $25 for the 3 disc package, its quite affordable, too!
    Amazon says: Digitally remastered and expanded deluxe three disc (two CDs + NTSC/Region 0 DVD) edition of this album.
    Disc One contains the original album plus three brand new stereo mixes of album tracks by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree).
    Disc Two contains four new stereo mixes of non-album tracks plus two previously unreleased recordings and five live tracks.
    Disc Three is a DVD containing a brand new 5.1 Surround Sound mix and a new stereo mix of the entire album by
    Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree and two videos recorded for the German pop music program, Beat Club, in June 1971. Decca.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the..._Grey_and_Pink

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink
    (1971, Deram/London)

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Marianne Faithfull - As Tears Go By
    (1980, Decca/Telfunken) MANUFACTURED IN GERMANY in the deadwax

I finally found this compilation with mostly true stereo tracks. I did a comparison with a 1981 LP on the London label "electronically re-processed for stereo", and the bass, percussion is full and distinct here on songs like Come And Stay With Me ...instead of disappearing in the thin sounding London pressing. This record has a few different tracks too - including North Country Maid and Wild Mountain Tyme.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFanCaravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink
    (1971, Deram/London)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

Of course, there was a stunningly good remaster of this album back in 2011 - at $25 for the 3 disc package, its quite affordable, too!
    Amazon says: Digitally remastered and expanded deluxe three disc (two CDs + NTSC/Region 0 DVD) edition of this album.
    Disc One contains the original album plus three brand new stereo mixes of album tracks by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree).
    Disc Two contains four new stereo mixes of non-album tracks plus two previously unreleased recordings and five live tracks.
    Disc Three is a DVD containing a brand new 5.1 Surround Sound mix and a new stereo mix of the entire album by
    Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree and two videos recorded for the German pop music program, Beat Club, in June 1971. Decca.

No kidding, big fun and incredible sonics on this record. I think this material is very deserving of a good remaster, good to hear! I was happy to grab this NM copy at a Seattle record show yesterday.

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun
    (1968, Elektra) EKS 74024A CTH

David Bowie - Hunky Dory
    (1971, RCA) -1S / -1S

Ten Years After - self titled
    (1967, Deram) Bell Sound + the Monarch symbol in the deadwax

I haven't heard that 2011 remaster but I love what Steve Wilson did with the remaster of Jethro Tull "Aqualung" and King Crimson "Red". I'm generally not a fan of remixing "classic" albums (I usually prefer a remaster of the original mix as opposed to a remix) but Steve Wilson is a genius IMHO. He went in and remixed those two albums--brought the overall fidelity and sound quality up to modern standards while carefully duplicating/mimicking the original mix (incredibly faithful to the original mix) and the result was nothing short of astonishing. Those two albums never sounded better IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    I'm generally not a fan of remixing "classic" albums
    agreed ...but I recently checked out the Immersion DVD-A remaster set of 6 disks of DSOM. the booklet noted that the original LP was cut from a 3rd generation master tape, and they went back and found the 1st gen tape for the new set ...they have multi versions at different bit rates. Even the lowest one was spectacular. Understand that this album is imprinted on everyone's brain, BUT WOW ...I heard new details. Highly recommended.
    (I checked it out from the library)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Side-.../dp/B004ZNARH4

DVD 1, ALL AUDIO: - The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, LPCM Stereo mix (as disc 1)
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps

DISC 5 – BLURAY, AUDIO+AUDIO VISUAL
    -AUDIO: The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
    -AUDIO: The Dark Side Of The Moon, Original stereo mix (1973) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
    (1975, Columbia) -1A / -1A TML-M in the deadwax, mastered by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab

Nice! I hadn't heard much about that release--looks like the ultimate Dark Side of the Moon package. BTW, disc 5 (the bluray disc) says "audio + audio-visual". Is there video footage on that disc and if so, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    agreed ...but I recently checked out the Immersion DVD-A remaster set of 6 disks of DSOM. the booklet noted that the original LP was cut from a 3rd generation master tape, and they went back and found the 1st gen tape for the new set ...they have multi versions at different bit rates. Even the lowest one was spectacular. Understand that this album is imprinted on everyone's brain, BUT WOW ...I heard new details. Highly recommended.
    (I checked it out from the library)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Side-.../dp/B004ZNARH4

DVD 1, ALL AUDIO: - The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, LPCM Stereo mix (as disc 1)
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
    - The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps

DISC 5 – BLURAY, AUDIO+AUDIO VISUAL
    -AUDIO: The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
    -AUDIO: The Dark Side Of The Moon, Original stereo mix (1973) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit

Flo & Eddie - Illegal, Immoral, And Fattening
    (1974, Columbia) TML-M in the deadwax; mastering - Doug Sax, The Mastering Lab

The Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach
    (1972, Capricorn) -1A

One of my favorite Flo and Eddie albums--great stuff! A lot different from their work with the Turtles. I'm jealous that my copy didn't come with the picture sleeve. Any chance you can post a close up of it? Here's a video of them live in 1978 and a short much later video of them discussing artist (mis)management!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Flo & Eddie - Illegal, Immoral, And Fattening
    (1974, Columbia) TML-M in the deadwax; mastering - Doug Sax, The Mastering Lab

Tangerine Dream - Optical Race
    (1988, Private Music) Promo/NFS with gold foil stamp on back cover; MASTERDISK BK in the deadwax; mastered by Bill Kipper at Masterdisk

Van Morrison - Wavelength
    (1978, Warner Bros)

Thread Information