Page 338 of 721 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    This is a fantastic live album--great performance by Neil and the band and great song selection! I've only seen one Neil Young concert and it was back in the 90's. He did an acoustic tour--just Neil with his guitar and harmonica. I was blown away by his energetic/passionate performance and how full it sounded with him "thrashing" at his acoustic guitar--with just his harmonica and vocal added in the mix. His opening act that tour was the Indigo Girls who also were all acoustic--just Amy and Emily with their two acoustic guitars. They were fairly new on the "scene" back then, and their performance was very nice. A little jealous that you're seeing Neil this tour--how was the show?
    I enjoyed the show a lot – always enjoy his guitar playing, and along with Los Lobos, it was a night full of guitar rock. He played for 2+ hours ending with Tonight's The Night for the encore.He went through a bunch of guitars - I saw a black guitar and wondered if it's the special one mentioned in the Shakey biography. I’d already heard the new material and Walk Like A Giant is amazing live. lots of endless feedback drenched song endings. It was a bit like he was seeing how far he could push the false endings but the feedback was incredible even in the big arena, and I gather that's part of the bargain when Neil gets together with Crazy Horse. He played a few of the classics including Powderfinger, Cinnamon Girl, Tonights The Night, etc. - didn't do much for me maybe because they're overplayed for me. Really enjoyed Mr. Soul – hearing it live brought some reflection for me about the song and the times back in 1966 when he wrote it. I liked crescendo-ing recording of A Day in the Life before they took the stage, and then starting out by everyone singing the Star Spangled Banner with a US flag displayed above the stage - nice touch. I liked the show I saw a few years ago (2009?) and I remember that he was incredible with dueling guitars opposite Stephen Stills when I saw CSNY in 1974, but this was a great night and glad that I went.Neil playing with feedback...
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    So "On the Beach" was headed to him and I gave it my cursory play. Ended up liking it so much that we agreed not to sell it (not super high value anyway) . Has gotten multiple plays and I'd really recommend it for someone in a similar situation.
    That's a good one, one of my favorite Neil Young records. I always thought the watergate headline on the newspaper in the cover photo was a nice touch, especially with the general tone of the record.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Bobby Hutcherson ~ Happenings

Blue Note

The Beatles - The Beatles
    (1968, Apple) SEBX 1978 reissue on white vinyl

A nice sounding pressing on the purple Capitol label.

The Beatles - The Beatles
    (1968, Apple) 1977 German issue; Cat# 1C 192-04 173/74; top loading gatefold cover

listening to sides 3/4

Alien City - self titled
    (1979, Dog Star Productions)

Alexander Spence - Oar
    (1969, Columbia)

Eric Andersen - Avalanche
    (1969, Warner Bros)

Barry Melton - Bright Sun Is Shining
    (1970, Vanguard)

Good day at the flea Market

found these @ a buck apiece ....vinyl in VG+ to M- condition...."Shades" sounds a little thin ..but I think all copies are that way ....don't know how I avoided "Then Play On" for so long....its a GREAT Peter Green album

reviewers thought so too " Then Play On is a reminder of how pervasive and powerful Green's influence was on Mac's originality and individual stance beyond his involvement. Still highly recommended and a must-buy after all these years, it remains their magnum opus"

http://www.allmusic.com/album/then-play-on-mw0000651501
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The Rolling Stones - Greatest Hits
    (1977, abkco) DVL2-0268; 2 LP

listening to record 2. We Love You was the B side single for Dandelion in 1967 and includes backing vocals by Lennon & McCartney according to the wiki article.

One of my all time favorite rock albums! This album never gets old IMHO. Did you guys see that the Who's current tour is being billed as "THE WHO: Quadrophenia and More" Of course, not the first time they've featured this album live. Here are the tour dates (24 dates scheduled so far):
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/8...L_NTF347189_49[pt_ec_w4_4_o_9a

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    The Who - Quadrophenia
    (1973, Track/MCA) TML stampers in the deadwax; The Mastering Lab

listening to record 1. nice. I haven't heard this in awhile, what a record!

The Allman Brothers Band - self titled
    (1969, Atlantic)

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    One of my all time favorite rock albums! This album never gets old IMHO. Did you guys see that the Who's current tour is being billed as "THE WHO: Quadrophenia and More" Of course, not the first time they've featured this album live. Here are the tour dates (24 dates scheduled so far):
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/8...L_NTF347189_49[pt_ec_w4_4_o_9a

I read a very positive write-up of the Brooklyn show in the New York Times. Nice to see that music in the spotlight. Townshend is such a great songwriter and I think that's one of his peaks.

Portrait of 4-Man Band From Its 2 Survivors / The Who Plays ‘Quadrophenia’ at Barclays Center

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    ."Shades" sounds a little thin ..but I think all copies are that way
    Yea the early Deep Purple US titles are terrible sounding unfortunately. That Steve Miller - Sailor is a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    That Steve Miller - Sailor is a great one.
    its a reissue, but full great sound ... AFAIR , it may sound better than an original that I also have
    (tho in lesser condition)

"SHADES" is such a fine album..wish it had more "fullness" & "dynamics"
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information