Page 302 of 721 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Gilded Palace Of Sin
    (1969, A&M)

Grabbed this gorgeous record this week for $6. looks and sounds like it was played once or never? --> checkout the spindle hole
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

The Byrds - Sweetheart Of The Rodeo
    (1968, Columbia) 1971 reissue on the orange label

Grateful Dead - Reckoning
    (1981, Arista) artisan symbol, GF in the deadwax; mastered by Greg Fulginiti at Artisan Sound

2LP, listening to sides 3/4

Roger McGuinn - Cardiff Rose
    (1976, Columbia) Promo/NFS; KENDUN in the deadwax, mastered at Kendun Recorders

produced by Mick Ronson

Montrose - Paper Money
    (1974, Warner Bros)

R.I.P. Ronnie Montrose.

nice day for a ride ....snagged these at the flea mkt.

my son is now selling vinyl online

http://www.discogs.com/seller/pdxpunk52
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

OH NO!!!!! Ronnie Montrose passed away yesterday?!! SH#T!!!!! This guy was a true musical genius. A lot of people think of him as a headbanger-but there was SOOOO much more to Ronnie. He was fluent in rock, jazz fusion, classical guitar, prog..... The album you have pictured "Paper Money" is my favorite album by the group MONTROSE. Some nice songs on that one---much better than some of their other outings IMHO. My favorite work by him is his work with Edgar and Johnny Winter and ESPECIALLY his first solo album "OPEN FIRE". I consider that album to be his masterpiece. Speaker Lab Fan, how do you find out about all these rockers who die? Are you on a rock obituary mailing list?

Anyways, here's what the Open Fire album looks like. I've bought this album on vinyl, CD, and even had a pre-recorded cassette (yuck!) in my car back in my college days......

HERE'S WHAT RONNIE MONTROSE OPEN FIRE SOUNDS LIKE. CHECK OUT AT LEAST THIS FIRST VIDEO AND IF IT DOESN'T GRAB YOU--RUN, DON'T WALK TO THE STORE AND BUY SOME Q-TIPS! CHECK OUT NOT ONLY THE SONGWRITING AND RONNIE'S PLAYING, BUT HIS BAND KICK'S @SS TOO!!!!!

A LITTLE ACOUSTIC RONNIE MONTROSE.....

AND SOME GOOD OL' ROCK N ROLL.....

IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE ENJOY RONNIE'S MUSIC, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO CHECK OUT THE STUDIO VERSION OF "NO BEGINNING/NO END" AND "MY LITTLE MYSTERY" ON RONNIE'S MYSPACE PAGE. JUST CLICK ON THE "See All" button at the bottom of his music player. Here's the link.
    http://www.myspace.com/ronniemontrosemusic/music
    This stuff brought tears to my eyes tonight. We lost one of the great ones yesterday........

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Montrose - Paper Money
    (1974, Warner Bros)

R.I.P. Ronnie Montrose.

Name:  stooges-raw1.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  231.2 KBName:  stooges-raw2.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  221.6 KB

Hard To Beat

Willis Alan Ramsey - self titled
    (1972, Shelter) Promo/NFS 1977 reissue SRL-52013 (originally SW 8914)

with Leon Russell, Red Rhodes, Carl Radle, Jim Keltner, Kenneth Buttrey, Tim Drummond. I purchased this copy new in the late 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    OH NO!!!!! Ronnie Montrose passed away yesterday?!! SH#T!!!!! This guy was a true musical genius. A lot of people think of him as a headbanger-but there was SOOOO much more to Ronnie. He was fluent in rock, jazz fusion, classical guitar, prog..... The album you have pictured "Paper Money" is my favorite album by the group MONTROSE. Some nice songs on that one---much better than some of their other outings IMHO. My favorite work by him is his work with Edgar and Johnny Winter and ESPECIALLY his first solo album "OPEN FIRE". I consider that album to be his masterpiece. Speaker Lab Fan, how do you find out about all these rockers who die? Are you on a rock obituary mailing list?

Anyways, here's what the Open Fire album looks like. I've bought this album on vinyl, CD, and even had a pre-recorded cassette (yuck!) in my car back in my college days......

This stuff brought tears to my eyes tonight. We lost one of the great ones yesterday........

I'm not on an obit mailing list, uh no thanks. I heard the sad news on another music forum this morning.

I have a nice copy of the Open Fire record - thanks for those links. I agree he was a talent and more than a metal head guitarist, some especially nice playing when those Sammy Hagar vocals get out of the way.

Name:  bryan-ferry---bride-1.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  193.0 KBName:  bryan-ferry---bride-2.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  191.9 KBName:  bryan-ferry---bride-3.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  154.2 KBName:  Bryan Ferry - The Bride Stripped Bare a2.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  171.2 KB

Sign Of The Times

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    I'm not on an obit mailing list, uh no thanks. I heard the sad news on another music forum this morning.

I have a nice copy of the Open Fire record - thanks for those links. I agree he was a talent and more than a metal head guitarist, some especially nice playing when those Sammy Hagar vocals get out of the way.
    SLF--you're really up to date on this stuff--like when Van Vliet passed last winter. Glad you enjoyed the videos--must have been quite a tour to see live. I agree as far as Hagar goes--never been much of a fan..... By the way, what happened to your Sandy Denny avatar? What a talent she was--I even like her early work with the Strawbs........

Name:  ROXY-Siren-1.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  264.9 KBName:  ROXY-Siren-2.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  183.7 KB

Both Ends Burning

Name:  mc5---high-1.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  211.2 KBName:  mc5---high-2.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  146.3 KBName:  mc5---high-3.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  190.9 KB
    Gotta Keep Movin'

Kenny Burrell - Night Song
    (1969, Verve)

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    SLF--you're really up to date on this stuff--like when Van Vliet passed last winter. Glad you enjoyed the videos--must have been quite a tour to see live. I agree as far as Hagar goes--never been much of a fan..... By the way, what happened to your Sandy Denny avatar? What a talent she was--I even like her early work with the Strawbs........
    The Sandy Denny avatar is in the rotation, I like to switch avatars but Sandy and her music are always close here, yes what a great peer she was in Fairport for Richard Thompson - those two talents no doubt pushed each other to reach further in their musical accomplishments.

Thread Information