Page 266 of 721 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

John Lee Hooker - Lonesome Mood
    (1983,MCA) a Steve Hoffman compilation of 1969 recordings; kpg/mca in the deadwax; mastered by Kevin Gray at MCA

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    was double checking the facts for Night Owl show for tonight and found this nationwide show listing ...may be handy for some of you (but no, not for renerox)

http://www.vinyltimes.com/record-shows.htm

since CrossRoads records is only a mile from the show , think I'll skate down there for an hour and then make it to NO for the opening ...usually have to leave after an hour as it gets so crowded that you can no longer walk about ...I only buy the $1-2 LP's so stopped at the bank and traded a $20 for a wad of $1's ...the cashier looked at me weird until I told her that the Strip Club was NOT my destination . Told her abt the show and she was so interested that mebbe I'll run into her again tonight.

http://nightowlrecordshow.wordpress.com/

Good luck at the Night Owl show, say hi to my buddy Rick and the other guy from Seattle who always has all the tasty vintage jazz in the dollar boxes.

I'm planning to hit a record show at Seattle Center tomorrow morning.

"traded a $20 for a wad of $1's ...the cashier looked at me weird until I told
    her that the Strip Club was my destination . Told her abt the show and she was
    so interested that mebbe I'll run into her again tonight."
    Fixed that for ya

Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    Glancing at some recent posts it appears the cover is involved. Sorry. I did not supply that

However, another great cd/album is Stephen allen Davis-the light pink album. Has ANYONE heard it?
    I haven't - looks like he's quite a songwriter with 250 recorded songs. will have to keep an eye out for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by renerox View Post
    You're on the super cool stuff lately

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
    (1982, Columbia)

Alice Cooper - The Alice Cooper Show
    (1977, Warner Bros)

It's too bad that a live album wasn't issued before 1974. I saw them for the Billion Dollar Babies tour in 1973, great show. This has some of the great early material but it's not the same band by 1977 when this was recorded in Las Vegas. A dollar bin find from last month.

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    I never cease to be amazed at some of the phenomenal LP's that are posted here. Alice Cooper is a very under-rated artist IMHO. A lot of people think of him as that heavy metal/hard rock guy of the 90's and this last decade. Many don't realize (or remember) his work in the 60's (they were a "psychedelic" band in the 60's) and 70's with his original band was unbelievably well written and performed classic rock and roll with all the melodic hooks and intricate arrangements you could ever want (and those "glory days" albums were all produced by genius producer Bob Ezrin)..... There are so many great songs on this "Love It To Death" LP that you posted--besides his first hit "Eighteen". Second Coming, Ballad of Dwight Fry, Caught In A Dream--I could list the whole album! Here are some of my favorites by Alice's original band.
    agree, pre '74 up to Billion Dollar Babies the band was about some very formidable and tasty rock. Later on it's theatrics and AC's battle with alcoholism.

Blondie - Parallel Lines
    (1978, Chrysalis)

This record was a revelation when it came out - from start to finish full of great tunes, and they've held up well for me. It was ranked #140/500 on the Rolling Stone magazine's greatest albums list. Robert Fripp on guitar on "Fade Away And Radiate".

Edgar Froese - Aqua
    (1974, Brain) German pressing

solo debut of electronic music from the Tangerine Dream founder.

I'm doing some listening in a smaller room with a Shure M97xe + Technics SL1800 II + Onix SP3 tube amp/Cambridge Audio Azur 640p + JBL 4425 monitors.

made it to the record show last night .... there were too many people and not enough dollar record boxes ... ...drug home 19 , then grabbed the 3 years boxed sets today at SA ..3 disks and a booklet in each..half price day, so they were $1 each ..so its like $23 for everything pictured here.
    (including admission charge)
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

had the vidcam with fish eye out so used it

and the box sets from today ..absolute mint condition

Pentangle - Reflection
    (1971, Reprise)

remembering Bert Jansch (3 November 1943 – 5 October 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    made it to the record show last night .... there were too many people and not enough dollar record boxes ... ...drug home 19 , then grabbed the 3 years boxed sets today at SA ..3 disks and a booklet in each..half price day, so they were $1 each ..so its like $23 for everything pictured here.
    Jackie AND Dusty. Nice.

I heard that they were serving tall glasses of strong Ale for $3 per, at the Night Owl show and that really loosened up some of the buyers and sellers. Records start passing around like poker chips!

I hit a local show this morning, a decent sized show with over 50 tables of sellers. I had a lot of fun rooting through the cheapies for a couple of hours and I hauled home a bunch to fill out my collection or upgrade. My list...

Michael Nesmith - Pretty Much Your Standard Ranch Stash (1973, RCA)
    Bert Jansch - Birthday Blues (1969, Reprise) two tone label
    Babe Ruth - self titled (1975, Harvest)
    Papa John Creach - Filthy (1972, Grunt) with Jorma Kaukonen; Jack Casady
    Uriah Heep - Firefly (1977, Warner Bros)
    Uriah Heep - High And Mighty (1976, Warner Bros)
    Richard & Mimi Farina - Memories (1968, Vanguard) includes "The Quiet Joys Of Brotherhood", later covered by Sandy Denny
    Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (1973, Atlantic)
    Zephyr - self titled (1969, One Way)
    Fotheringay - self titled (1970, A&M)
    Gil Fuller And Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra, The Featuring James MoodyNight Flight (1956, Pacific Jazz)
    The Gerry Mulligan Quartet - What Is There To Say? (1959, Columbia) 6-eyes; stereo
    Larry Coryell -European Impressions (1978, Arista Novus)
    Steelyeye Span - Back In Line (1986, Shanachie)
    Bob Dylan - Shot Of Love (1981, Columbia)
    XTC - English Settlement (1982, Virgin)
    Various Artists - Non-Dairy Creamer (1971 Warner Reprise sampler w/ Curved Air; Peter Green; Zephyr; Little Feat
    Jack Bruce - Out Of The Storm (1974, RSO)
    Jackie DeShannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love (1968, Liberty)
    The Incredible String Band - The Big Huge (1968, Elektra) Red label 2nd issue
    Moby Grape - Wow (1968, Coumbia) reissue on the ColumbiaColumbiaColumbia label
    Moby Grape - Great Grape (1972, Columbia) compilation of songs from Moby Grape, Wow, and Moby Grape '69
    Robert Hunter - Tales Of The Great Rum Runners (1974, Round Records) with Barry Melton; many from GD including Garcia; Mario Cippolina (John's brother);
    John Hartford - Earthwords & Music (1967, RCA)
    John Hartford - self titled (1969, RCA)
    Sir Christoper Scott - Switched-On Bacharach (1969, Decca)
    Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies (1973, Warner Bros)
    Don Nix - Gone Too Long (1976, Cream)
    Scorpions - Lovedrive (1979, Mercury) with the boring alternate cover
    Earl Scruggs - Nashville's Rock (1970, Columbia)
    Flatt & Scruggs - Nashville Airplane (1970, Columbia)
    Synergy - Games (1979, Passport)
    Bob Moses - Visit With The Great Spirit (1984, Grammavision)
    The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Brubeck On Campus '72 2LP reissue of the Brubeck college records
    Alvin Lee - Rx5 (1982, Atlantic)

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Just got an email that poor Bert Jansch has died!
    Founding member of Pentangle, influential on anyone in folk that matters ...

read more here:
    http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlin...sch-1943-2011/

Attachment 53173
    Got to see him when he opened for Neil Young July 2010. Neil looked up to him and after the performance I know why.

Beautiful day once the overcast burned off ... picked these 2 for a dollar ..the Hugo Montenegro double turned out to be more fun than anticipated ...had the original from Clints spaghetti westerns

Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3AM
    (1964, Columbia) 1965 pressing with "360 Sound" in white on the label

Happy 70th birthday (4 days ago) to Paul Simon!

Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds Of Silence
    (1966, Columbia)

Bert Jansch - Birthday Blues
    (1969, Reprise)

with Danny Thompson and Terry Cox, his bandmates in Pentangle. A $2 record show pickup yesterday.

Thread Information