Page 265 of 721 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Alice Cooper - Love It to Death
    (1971, Straight/Warner Bros)

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Happened on this one today, no idea what it was , until I opened it...perfect condition , 50 cents ....Night Owl Record Show tomorrow...

Oh yeah, its Alan Parsons GH ....he started as a studio engineer asst. at Abbey Rd. for the Beatles sessions.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

RED HOT CHILI PAPPERS - One Hot Minute
    [1995. Warner Bros.]

Name:  red hot.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  238.2 KB

Actually, this is one hot hour of Henrix influeced funk/punk/metal boldness of love.
    It's an listen loudest record. Am I clear ? This is death for the neighborhood.

The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - self titled
    (1968, Track/Atlantic)

Jackie DeShannon - New Image
    (1967, Liberty) Stereo

American singer-songwriter who wrote a number of great pop and folk rock songs including "Don't Doubt Yourself Babe" which was on The Byrds debut. She wrote songs with Jimmy Page in the mid 60s, and Randy Newman. A nice cover of "Night And Day" here. It's not hard to see or hear why Page (and Elvis) were smitten by her.

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
    (1970, Atlantic) sf/atl in the deadwax; mastered Sam Feldman

"Tangerine" is on side 2, which Page first wrote with The Yardbirds as "Knowing That I'm Losing You" - I read a wiki article that the song came after ending a relationship with Jackie DeShannon in the mid 60s. I picked up this copy at a garage sale last summer.

The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
    (1965, Columbia)

"Don't Doubt Yourself, Babe", written by Jackie DeShannon, is credited on the cover as "Don't Doubt Yourself, Baby".

Sandy Denny - self titled
    (1972, A&M)

w/ Richard Thompson, Dave Swarbrick, Pete Kleinow (of Flying Burrito Brothers), Linda Peters (Thompson).

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Alice Cooper - Love It to Death
    (1971, Straight/Warner Bros)

I never cease to be amazed at some of the phenomenal LP's that are posted here. Alice Cooper is a very under-rated artist IMHO. A lot of people think of him as that heavy metal/hard rock guy of the 90's and this last decade. Many don't realize (or remember) his work in the 60's (they were a "psychedelic" band in the 60's) and 70's with his original band was unbelievably well written and performed classic rock and roll with all the melodic hooks and intricate arrangements you could ever want (and those "glory days" albums were all produced by genius producer Bob Ezrin)..... There are so many great songs on this "Love It To Death" LP that you posted--besides his first hit "Eighteen". Second Coming, Ballad of Dwight Fry, Caught In A Dream--I could list the whole album! Here are some of my favorites by Alice's original band.

ALBUMS (left to right) Muscle of Love, Billion Dollar Babies, Killer, Love It To Death, School's Out..... A lot of people aren't aware that Alice Cooper was a band and not a solo artist in the 60's and first half of the 70's (before the original band and Alice parted ways)--those "glory days" albums were co-written and arranged by the band. When the band broke up, his music went way downhill IMHO.......

Some music from Alice's original band for those who haven't heard much of this stuff--these guys were fantastic--PLAY IT LOUD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    Ballad of Dwight Fry
    heck, thot I was the only one who knew abt Dwight ....
    used the clip of DF doing "I gotta get outta here" * as a windows startup sound at work
    (usually on the few weeks before vacation) ...drove the cow orkers nutz

was double checking the facts for Night Owl show for tonight and found this nationwide show listing ...may be handy for some of you (but no, not for renerox)

http://www.vinyltimes.com/record-shows.htm

since CrossRoads records is only a mile from the show , think I'll skate down there for an hour and then make it to NO for the opening ...usually have to leave after an hour as it gets so crowded that you can no longer walk about ...I only buy the $1-2 LP's so stopped at the bank and traded a $20 for a wad of $1's ...the cashier looked at me weird until I told her that the Strip Club was NOT my destination . Told her abt the show and she was so interested that mebbe I'll run into her again tonight.

http://nightowlrecordshow.wordpress.com/

* I wanna get outta here I wanna get outta here I I've gotta I've gotta get outta here
    I I gotta get out of here I gotta get out of here I gotta get outta here I gotta get outta here
    Ya gotta let me out of here let me outta here I gotta get outta here I gotta get outta here
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Marantz 13th edition sacd

Boz Scaggs --- "thanks to you" leads it off---superb

A cut by Hans Theessink "when luther played the blues" is a stand out to me. This sacd is really good.

oops

Glancing at some recent posts it appears the cover is involved. Sorry. I did not supply that

However, another great cd/album is Stephen allen Davis-the light pink album. Has ANYONE heard it?

Johnny Cash - The Junkie And The Juicehead Minus Me
    (1974, Columbia)

includes a duet with his step-daughter Rosey Nix, "Father and Daughter" - the Cat Stevens song "Father And Son".

Pharoah Sanders - Karma
    (1969, ABC Impulse!) 1981 MCA reissue; mca sh in the deadwax, mastered by Steve Hall at MCA

"The Creator Has A Master Plan" on side 1 is 19:20; "Colors" on side 2 is 19:17.

Buzzcocks - A Different Kind of Tension
    [1979. United Artists]

Name:  buzz 3a.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  223.1 KB

Shake it baby ! Tear this place apart. My favorite pop punk band beside The Ramones. Melodic & Energetic at the same time.

SpeakerLabFan
    Pharoah Sanders - Karma
    (1969, ABC Impulse!) 1981 MCA reissue
    The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
    The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
    You're on the super cool stuff lately

Thread Information