Page 260 of 721 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Bruford - Feels Good To Me
    (1978, Polydor) UK pressing

Great solo LP by Bill Bruford--really shows off his "chops"! Features Allan Holdsworth on guitar--an amazing player as well (and the legendary Jeff Berlin on bass). It put me in the mood to listen to some (jazz/rock) fusion. Here are some other great recordings with Bill....

And a few of my favorite Allan Holdsworth solo LP's

I saw Allan Holdsworth earlier this year at "The Lovin' Cup" here in Rochester, NY. Amazing performance by him and his band (Chad Wackerman was incredible on drums that night--anyone ever heard of him?).....

And while I was in that jazz/rock fusion frame of mind, I dug out a few vintage Brand X LP's--phenomenal band featuring Morris Pert on drums and percussion, John Goodsall on guitar, Percy Jones on bass, Robin Lumley keyboards.....

Yes, that is John Goodsall's autograph on my copy of "Moroccan Roll". A band I used to play in was fortunate enough to open up for Brand X back in the 90's......
    Those of you unfamiliar with Brand X, here's a song from one of their LP's (really starts to gel about a minute and a half into it--hang in there )

Here's a great song for you fusion fans from my favorite Bruford LP "One of a Kind"

And a some Holdsworth solo music (this one really builds nicely too)......

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post

And while I was in that jazz/rock fusion frame of mind, I dug out a few vintage Brand X LP's--phenomenal band featuring Morris Pert on drums and percussion, John Goodsall on guitar, Percy Jones on bass, Robin Lumley keyboards....
    Umm - thats "The late Morris Pert" - the poor fellow died last year ...
    I saw him with brand X back in the mid 70s, as well as with Goodsall and Lumley for the Marscape tour

http://www.amazon.com/Marscape/dp/B000001Y0W
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Try a hard connection to your router and double check the speed.
    Allan.

P.S. You did not say you were connected to the router, only that you were close to it.

OKAY ...it seems either that you don't know what an iTouch is or you are purposely being obtuse (which I hope isn't true this time) ....The iPod Touch (or iTouch) is essentially an iPhone but without 1/2/3/4/5G capability . It can run many of the same apps as an iPad (which I think it begot) , but communicates with 802.11b/g/n on a LAN or WAN ..it also has Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR ability.

There is no provision for hard wired connection to a router
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Umm - thats "The late Morris Pert" - the poor fellow died last year ...
    I saw him with brand X back in the mid 70s, as well as with Goodsall and Lumley for the Marscape tour

http://www.amazon.com/Marscape/dp/B000001Y0W
    I hadn't heard that he passed away--age 63--way too young! (but unfortunately not all that young in the music business). I would have loved to see Brand X back in their early days, as well as the Marscape tour--must have been great shows. Morris plays percussion/drums on tons of recordings in my collection--he will be missed...... I found this (very incomplete) list of some of the artists he recorded/performed with at allmusic.com

"Pert is best known for his work with the pioneering group Brand X. He also worked extensively over two decades in the recording studios with notables Paul McCartney & Wings, the Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Elvis Costello, Alexis Korner, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Yvonne Elliman, Kate Bush, Mike and Sally Oldfield, Peter Gabriel, Bryan Ferry, Caravan, John Martyn, Jack Lancaster and Robin Lumley, and Phil Collins. Among Pert's awards are five gold albums, an American ASCAP award, and a nomination by the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences for his recorded performances. His music has been issued worldwide on the Buckyball label."

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

OKAY ...it seems either that you don't know what an iTouch is or you are purposely being obtuse (which I hope isn't true this time) ....The iPod Touch (or iTouch) is essentially an iPhone but without 1/2/3/4/5G capability . It can run many of the same apps as an iPad (which I think it begot) , but communicates with 802.11b/g/n on a LAN or WAN ..it also has Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR ability.

There is no provision for hard wired connection to a router
    Um......hard wired using a Mac or PC.....You can connect your iPod (I am not sure what an iTouch is) to a PC and use its internet connection. Dead simple.

Allan.

Um......hard wired using a Mac or PC.....You can connect your iPod (I am not sure what an iTouch is) to a PC and use its internet connection. Dead simple.

Allan.
    Use search engine such as Google, enter iTouch - become enlightened!
    Go to Apple Site, click STORE - http://store.apple.com/us - look at information ...

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MTM3NTEyOTc

has WiFi connectivity ... 802.11 B/G/N ... WIRELESSLY connect to Router ... huzaah!

Unless you are just being OBLIQUE because he called it an iTouch (as many do)
    instead of "iPod touch" ... but, its pretty common and means the same difference.

Now - lets get back to the topic of recommended Music choices again!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

The Cramps - Flamejob
    [1994. Creation]

Name:  IMG_0313.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  234.0 KBName:  IMG_0315.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  233.7 KB

Looks Hot, Sounds Great. Burn Baby, Burn

....The iPod Touch (or iTouch) is essentially an iPhone but without 1/2/3/4/5G capability .

Allan.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Unless you are just being OBLIQUE because he called it an iTouch (as many do)
    instead of "iPod touch" ...
    wow, I thought that was spelled out pretty clearly in the first quote ?

Um......hard wired using a Mac or PC.....You can connect your iPod to a PC and use its internet connection. Dead simple.

Allan.
    OKAY , to prove or disprove your statement ....I put it into "airplane mode" (turns OFF the WiFi) then connected it to the PC , guess what ?? the web on the iTouch disappeared

(want a Mulligan on that "dead simple" suggestion ?)

Quote Originally Posted by renerox View Post
    The Cramps - Flamejob
    [1994. Creation]
    I once typed "96 Tears" into a search engine and came back with The Cramps version .... it was one of the best ones that churned up

I once typed "96 Tears" into a search engine and came back with The Cramps version .... it was one of the best ones that churned up
    I check it out and it turns up to be The Stranglers version. Somebody wrongly post it as The Cramps. Anyway I like it too.
    Check The Stranglers version of Burt Bacharach's classic "Walk On By".

Question Mark and The Mysterians - 96 Tears
    [1966. Cameo Parkway]
    This is 90's reissue w/bonus trax.

Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  244.7 KBName:  IMG_0293.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  241.6 KB

It's so simple & funny that it's Great. Cool Vox Continental sounds.
    96 Tears is a garage rock anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by renerox View Post
    I check it out and it turns up to be The Stranglers version. Somebody wrongly post it as The Cramps. Anyway I like it too.
    guess that's the downside to grabbing a single from a group that you are not familiar with ...if its mislabeled , you don't always realize it ...

I've seen "From Russia with Love" attributed to Frank Sinatra soo many times (its actually Matt Monro) or "Joy to the World" to CCR (Three Dog Night.)

Various Artists - Folk Song And Minstrelsy
    (1961, Vanguard)

4 LP set. listening to side 7 with ed mccurdy, joan baez, bob gibson, john jacob niles
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Gary Moore - Corridors Of Power
    (1983, Mirage / Atlantic) ATLANTIC STUDIOS D.K. in the deadwax; mastered by Dennis King at Atlantic Studios

solo LP from the Thin Lizzy guitarist who died earlier this year. includes a cover of Free's "Wishing Well". A $1 find this weekend.

Uriah Heep - The Best Of Uriah Heep, Volume 2
    (1974, Mercury) Canadian pressing

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Gary Moore - Corridors Of Power
    (1983, Mirage / Atlantic) ATLANTIC STUDIOS D.K. in the deadwax; mastered by Dennis King at Atlantic Studios

solo LP from the Thin Lizzy guitarist who died earlier this year. includes a cover of Free's "Wishing Well". A $1 find this weekend.
    I hadn't heard that Gary passed away--they're dropping like flies! Heart attack at age 58--a real shame.....

Anyways, I really enjoyed his work with Greg Lake. He was a gifted guitarist by any standards.....

This one is more reminiscent of Greg's work with ELP.....

Thread Information