Page 259 of 721 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    a fun and rockin' pop record, that one was played a lot here when it came out back in 1978. "Hangin' On The Telephone" was one of my favorites but the entire record is great.
    Glad to hear that I'm a big fan of 70's New Wave/ Punk CBGB scene.

Paul Rodgers - Cut Loose
    (1983, Atlantic)

solo LP from the Free and Bad Company songwriter and vocalist. #55 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the greatest singers. Recorded at his house in Kingston, Rodgers plays all the instruments inlcuding Bass, Guitar, Drums, Keyboards. includes a previously unreleased Bad Company song"Superstar Woman". "Live in Peace" was re-recorded a couple of years later by Jimmy Page and Rodgers for their band The Firm.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    Nice rendition of one of my favorite John Lennon (solo) songs. How was the Ferry concert BTW??
    The concert was great as always with Ferry. The sound was one of the best I heard at the large places as Belgrade Arena. There's only two things that bug a little. There was only 5.000 to 6.000 people in the hall capacity of over 20.000. Last couple of times they played at smaller venues and that was much better.
    Second thing is some healt issues Bryan had lately and it seems he's not fully recover. So they made 20 minutes pause in the middle of the show. Anyway the band was great and fix all troubles. Bryan even appeared on a popular show at some local TV station and that was great too.
    Here's a video from this event.

Bad Company - self titled
    (1974, Swan Song/Atlantic)

Paul Rodgers, vocals; Mick Ralphs, guitar; Boz Burrell, bass; Simon Kirke, drums. I saw these guys when they toured in support of this record.

BRYAN FERRY - Bęte Noire
    [1987. Virgin]

Name:  ferry 1.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  218.3 KBName:  ferry 2.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  261.1 KB

The Right Stuff

Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride
    (1971, Windfall) STERLING LH/RL in the deadwax; mastered by Lee Hulko/Robert Ludwig at Sterling Sound

comparing this recent acquisition (from a pile of free records) with another copy. This one is excellent and is an upgrade over the VG+ copy. Both have the LH/RL stampers. This one had a picture of the band with the inner sleeve; the other copy had the 12 page booklet with lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Generally, the videos don't run unless you click them - they shouldn't autostart on your device.
    If they do, check the configuration on your mobile device
    they don't run ....but they have to get out to the originating site (of the embedded link) , pull the info and put up the viewer in case I do want to run them.

I thought we had a separate thread for YouTube videos ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    they don't run ....but they have to get out to the originating site (of the embedded link) , pull the info and put up the viewer in case I do want to run them.

I thought we had a separate thread for YouTube videos ?
    That shouldn't even matter - again, you are not playing videos directly -
    Getting a screencap picture and a link to a video URL shouldn't use any real bandwidth at all ...

If anything, the delay is more likely due to all these album cover pictures getting loaded from 3rd party websites
    (flicker, photobucket and that kind of thing) - I don't even see most of them through the firewall at work.

Are you on some kinda bicycle mobile network??
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy, Record 4
    (2011, Experience Hendrix) STERLING RJ; mastered by Ray Janos

the first track previously unreleased "Hear My Freedom" is a session recorded in Hollywood October 1968 with an unnamed organist believed to be Lee Michaels. Stephen Stills also participated in the Hollywood sessions.

Oh my...that is really funny.
    and you picked up a "me too" ...must be hilarious ...

Actually I'm on an iTouch about 15 feet from the router and its the only thread
    (aside from all those 4645 monstrosities with the video embed links) that loads slow

So what next ? blame the user ?

Chill buddy - no harm meant, no sniping planned!

Like I said - if you are worried about loads from multiple servers, be aware of the big cover art more than youtube stills ...the video doesn't load unless you click it ... really.

Not my fault the internetwork is running slow tonight ... nor yours ...

Talk to you another time when you are relaxed - bye!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Oh my...that is really funny.
    and you picked up a "me too" ...must be hilarious ...

Actually I'm on an iTouch about 15 feet from the router and its the only thread
    (aside from all those 4645 monstrosities with the video embed links) that loads slow

So what next ? blame the user ?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

3G download speeds are pretty lame at best. This thread is rather huge so of course it will run slow.

Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    3G download speeds are pretty lame at best. This thread is rather huge so of course it will run slow.

Allan.
    thanx for the enlightened reply ....but if you read a couple of posts back, I am near a WIRELESS ROUTER, NOT 3G , also you may note that I said only this thread and Ashlies load slow....and you don't load the whole thread when reading it, so size of thread really makes no difference ...it loads 1 page at a time.

please read carefully before commenting.

Well then maybe the issue is local. I run an iPhone and iPad here on wireless, even on 3G they load these threads fast. Each page will load as a whole and with the amount a graphics things can get slow. Try a hard connection to your router and double check the speed.

Allan.

P.S. You did not say you were connected to the router, only that you were close to it.

Tony Joe White - ... Continued
    [1969. Monument]

Name:  IMG_0286.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  227.4 KBName:  IMG_0288.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  240.6 KB

A Classic Lp ideal for incoming fall. His voice & wah wah pedal sound so cool & unbeatable. Rainy Night in Georgia makes you feel like you're looking through rainy windows, feeling warm & safe while it's it's rainin' all over the world.
    Great stuff

Thread Information