Page 250 of 721 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    A great classic 60's psychedelic record! I ran across a copy at a thrift store last year...
    Hey, It seems like you have everything original
    What about this 60's punk jewel ?

The Music Machine - (Turn On) The Music Machine
    [[1993. Performance] Re. of 1966. Original Sound Lp

Name:  music 1.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  209.9 KBName:  music 2.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  229.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Strawbs - Grave New World
    (1972, A&M)

british folk rock, progressive rock. Nicely recorded, you're in the studio, picking out the instruments. with the lyrics/instrumentation pamphlet.
    Classic LP by the Strawbs! "Grave New World" was their first release after Rick Wakeman left the band to join Yes and definitely one of their better LP's IMHO. I own all the Strawbs albums (including Dave Cousins and Dave Lambert solo LP's) and luckily they are another band from "back in the day" like Renaissance that is still together recording and touring. I've seen them several times including three times in the last decade--Rochester, NY is a regular stop for them when they do a U.S. tour. In fact they'll be touring this fall again (but not around here). Here's their upcoming tour schedule....http://www.strawbsweb.co.uk/@f/f_gigs.htm Every time I've seen them they've been great--they sometimes do acoustic tours but the upcoming one is "electric" with the full band. The last time I saw them on one of their "electric" tours was about 3 or 4 (?) years ago and they toured with the entire lineup from their 1974 album "Hero and Heroine" (ALL the original members who were on that LP!). Here are two more of my favorite Strawbs albums "Ghosts" and "Hero and Heroine"....

Thats just creepy!! Hadn't checked this thread 'til now - but ...
    Hadn't played them in years, but I was home yesterday and was playing Hero and Heroine, Grave New World, Antiques and Curios and drifted into a Wakeman mood afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    Classic LP by the Strawbs! "Grave New World" was their first release after Rick Wakeman left the band to join Yes and definitely one of their better LP's IMHO. I own all the Strawbs albums (including Dave Cousins and Dave Lambert solo LP's) and luckily they are another band from "back in the day" like Renaissance that is still together recording and touring. I've seen them several times including three times in the last decade--Rochester, NY is a regular stop for them when they do a U.S. tour. In fact they'll be touring this fall again (but not around here). Here's their upcoming tour schedule....http://www.strawbsweb.co.uk/@f/f_gigs.htm Every time I've seen them they've been great--they sometimes do acoustic tours but the upcoming one is "electric" with the full band. The last time I saw them on one of their "electric" tours was about 3 or 4 (?) years ago and they toured with the entire lineup from their 1974 album "Hero and Heroine" (ALL the original members who were on that LP!). Here are two more of my favorite Strawbs albums "Ghosts" and "Hero and Heroine"....
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

went through a lot of vinyl today

Andy Williams, Barry Cantelope, Barbara, Xmas, church, Hawaii etc..etc

but did come up with this mint SMB ..pretty good album..Abracadabra track is longer than the broadcast version..

Also yesterday grabbed the CD "Encomium: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encomiu...o_Led_Zeppelin wasn't even worth putting on the pod ..bunch of 80's/90's groups trying to simulate LZ ...whats the point ? they can't do it half as well and the whole CD just comes off as a money making wannabe/ripoff ,,

Oh yeah, Encomium contained a duet of Plant with Torie Amos on "Down by the Seaside" .....nearly got the shakes from the hideousness of it...

Quote Originally Posted by renerox View Post
    I was wondering ..... you have so many 60's vinyls that I've never seen ....are they reissues or Euro versions or originals ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I was wondering ..... you have so many 60's vinyls that I've never seen ....are they reissues or Euro versions or originals ?
    Well, some are originals like Dick Dale, The Ventures, Davie Allan & The Arrows, The Hondells, The Buddies, Hal Blaine... The others are US reissues like Count Five, The Music Machine, The Seeds, Nazz, The Remains, The Wailers, The Litter... Euro reissues are The Standells, Love, The Stooges, Link Wray, The Sonics, Pretty Things...
    I've got a lot of fine reissues on Sundazed label. They have great catalog of 60's garage/surf/psychedelic/r&b vinyls.

f(x)

Oh yeah, all you geezers, you don't know this. f(x) Hot Summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

J.J. Johnson - J.J.!
    (1965, RCA Victor) Mono LPM-3350

a 99 cent pickup last month. w/ Grady Tate, drums; Hank Jones, piano; Clark Terry, Oliver Nelson, Thad Jones.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by renerox View Post
    What about this 60's punk jewel ?

The Music Machine - (Turn On) The Music Machine
    [[1993. Performance] Re. of 1966. Original Sound Lp
    Nice! ...don't have that one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    Great band. Hard to beat the British folk rock of that era! Strawbs, Pentangle, Fairport, Steeleye. Too bad, it looks like the Fall Strawbs touring is in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Thats just creepy!! Hadn't checked this thread 'til now - but ...
    Hadn't played them in years, but I was home yesterday and was playing Hero and Heroine, Grave New World, Antiques and Curios and drifted into a Wakeman mood afterwards.
    I've seen that before, literally playing the same random 40 year old record at the same time as someone else out there is playing it. Gotta love it when that happens, there are no coincidences.

The Sonics - Introducing The Sonics
    [1999. BeatRocket]
    Re.of 1966. Jerden Lp + bonus trax

Name:  sonics - 3a.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  240.3 KBName:  sonics - 3b.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  254.0 KB

Recorded at legendary Gold Star studios, The Sonics' 3rd album brings a freshness to their garage/punk sound.
    Trax like High Time, Like No Other Man, Maintaining My Cool show it well.
    Just remember, it's 1966
    . Feel lucky PUNK !?!

Name:  Feel lucky PUNK.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  13.1 KB

Don't know about the music, but the cover is quite.... how do I say that... appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaulive View Post
    Don't know about the music, but the cover is quite.... how do I say that... appealing?
    Not sure what you would consider so appealing about that cover---doesn't seem so different from the cover of "Pop Fiction Volume 2"

(image from Amazon)

Lou Reed - Street Hassle
    (1978, Arista) STERLING in deadwax; mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound

with an experimental microphone placement technique called binaural recording, apparently it's only really noticeable when listening through headphones. I'm not hearing anything unique about the recording listening through speakers, although the studio tracks as sound nice as expected since the mastering is Sterling Ted Jensen.

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
    (1968, Warner Bros)

Happy Birthday to Van the Man. Astral Weeks was ranked #19/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of the 500 Greatest Albums.

Some really interesting looking 60's psych shown on this thread--much of which I've never heard of. You guys have great collections--I've been checking out some of these bands on youtube today--some cool stuff.....

Here's a 60's psych band I've always really liked. Their first/self titled LP "GUN" in particular is a timeless classic IMHO. The band features Adrian Gurvitz on guitar and vocals, and brother Paul Gurvitz on bass (on this album they were using the stage names Adrian Curtis and Paul Curtis). You may know these guys as members of the Baker Gurvitz Army (with Ginger Baker--a great band), and also as members of the Graeme Edge Band (Moody Blues drummer--another great band). Cover art by a (very young) Roger Dean......

Music by GUN -- Check it out--cool stuff!

More 60's Psych....

Anyone ever heard of these guys? The Idle Race--The Birthday Party. Jeff Lynne's band before he joined the Move. This is the original "Liberty Records" label pressing.....

Music by The Idle Race

Thread Information