Page 223 of 721 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Trio Music, a collaboration of Chick Corea, Miroslav Vitous, and Roy Haynes.

The first album is just improv jazz, as if these 3 guys' improv could be labeled as "just".

Second album is their homage to Thelonious Monk.

Just bad ass, both albums, ECM GmbH

Bought used, one (..two) of the best albums I have bought, condition-wise. Killer.

John McLaughlin with The One Truth Band - Electric Dreams
    (1979, Columbia) WLP Promo/NFS; STERLING GC in the deadwax; mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Mountain - Avalanche
    (1974, Windfall/Columbia)

A reunion record after the band had broken up in '72. Their original compositions/lyrics leave something to be desired but Leslie West plays a screaming guitar, with good backing from Corky Laing and Felix Pappalardi on drums and bass. They do a cover of "Satisfaction" - West puts his own (substantial) weight behind it.

The Incredible String Band - I Looked Up
    (1970, Elektra) STERLING RL in the deadwax; mastered by Robert Ludwig at Sterling Sound

The United States Of America - self titled
    (1968, Columbia)

Max Roach + 4 - Moon Faced And Starry Eyed
    (1960, Mercury) WLP Promo/NFS

with Julian Priester, Stanley Turrentine, Ray Bryant, Bob Boswell, Abbey Lincoln. Another GW find this week, appears and sounds unplayed.

Ramatam - self titled
    (1972, Atlantic)

April Lawton on Lead guitar; Mitch Mitchell from the Jimi Hendrix Experience, drums; Mike Pinera from Blues Image and Iron Butterfly, guitar and vocals. The songwriting is pretty generic, bland early 70s blues rock but with strong distinctive lead guitar playing from Lawton.

John Entwistle - Rigor Mortis Sets In
    (1973, Track)

recorded November 1972, some pretty lame Sha Na Na-style covers of classic 50's rock n' roll songs plus originals. a solo version of Entwistle's "My Wife" leads off side 2. interesting to have as an Entwistle compleatist, but disappointing otherwise.

Smoke - self titled
    (1969, Uni)

Electrified obscure Texas biker hippie band; psychedelic blues boogie with organ & guitar. Unipak gatefold with a cool Alice in Wonderland drawing on the inner gatefold. Not a lot of information on this band, found this description:

Smoke is best described as the Grateful Dead's backwoods cousins after sitting at the feet of the Maharishi. Led by 300 pound Brother John Orvis, a man a spiritually gentle as he was physically imposing, the band made its way up and down the Pacific coast, singing about peace, love, and self realization.
    A $2 flea market find this afternoon. I'm guessing Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper would have fit right in with this crowd.

picked this one up today on SLF's recommendation ...still sealed ....38 cents
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

yesterday was near 70 , sunny and beautiful....so dusted off the Fuji summer bike , finally de-escalated from winter jacket/gloves/helmet and went for the long ride down to 42nd & Powell ....hauled these back + the 5 LP set of Chicago at Carnegie Hall ...I'm really picky anymore and most finds do not pass vinyl condition inspection ..
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Coryell-Khan

Two For the Road

Some more great picking, Arista recording sounds superb. This system just excels at acoustic guitar.

Bob Seger -Smokin' O.P.'s
    (1972, Capitol) MASTERED BY CAPITAL in the deadwax; 1978 reissue - the first pressing was on the Palladium label

includes a cover of Love The One You're With, also covers of Bo Diddley, Tim Hardin, Leon Russell, and Chuck Berry.

Richard Torrance and Eureka - Belle Of The Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    picked this one up today on SLF's recommendation ...still sealed ....38 cents
    Nice, it's been awhile since I threw that on, but I recall that it's a good one. I saw a later Torrance record at a local GW last week but decided to pass. It has a striking cover...

Family - Fearless
    (1971, United Artists)

UK psychedelic/progressive band; a cool layered-page gatefold cover. another excellent condition $2 flea market find yesterday, I saw this one first when flipping through the box, then other really interesting titles. I was expecting to find them trashed, but they are pristine, the seller said that he recorded them to reel to reel back in the day, and put away the records.

Fever Tree - For Sale
    (1970, Ampex)

includes a cover of Arthur Lee's She Comes In Colors, and side 2 is a nearly 13 minute version of Hey Joe.

Thread Information