Page 220 of 721 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Steeleye Span - Parcel Of Rogues
    (1973, Chrysalis)

with a gatefold cover; last week I picked up an excellent 80s pressing on Shanachie Records with a non-gatefold cover.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Hey SLF ..that guy from the Lloyd Ctr. show was there ...the thinish, grey haired guy with abt 20 boxes of high quality , clean dollar vinyls ....bought all but 8 of them from him , he remembered me from that show...anyway, in & out in 1.5 hours ..sunny day in PDX

got 21 ? including a Japanese Eurythmics ...
    Nice day to get out to a show! Yeah, I know that seller but I'm terrible at remembering names, he's a regular at Seattle shows - nice guy, good seller. I remember all the great stuff he had at the Lloyd Center show last year. Wow, I don't think he had that many dollar boxes at the Seattle Center show a couple of weeks ago, I actually didn't buy anything from him last show. sounds like you had a good morning and now you have some good listening ahead. enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Nice day to get out to a show! Yeah, I know that seller but I'm terrible at remembering names, he's a regular at Seattle shows - nice guy, good seller. I remember all the great stuff he had at the Lloyd Center show last year. Wow, I don't think he had that many dollar boxes at the Seattle Center show a couple of weeks ago, I actually didn't buy anything from him last show. sounds like you had a good morning and now you have some good listening ahead. enjoy.
    I grabbed a flyer about an upcoming Seattle show (Oct ?) for you , and now cant find it.

he had 7 (?) tables and dollar boxes in front of 5 (?) of them ...4 boxes (or so) per table.
    At the Lloyd show, the dollar boxes were 2 boxes deep behind 2 or 3 (?) tables.

FOUND IT: Sunday Oct 16 ..Seattle Ctr- Shaw/Fidalgo room
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Santana - Lotus
    (1973, Columbia) Holland pressing; with a triple gatefold cover

3 LP Live album recorded in Tokyo in July 1973, it was never released in the US on vinyl. That explains why this record was a mystery to me when I saw it. Jazz explorations with scorching guitar runs by Carlos Santana, as well as old favorites like "Oye Como Va".

record shows

I grabbed a flyer about an upcoming Seattle show (Oct ?) for you , and now cant find it.

he had 7 (?) tables and dollar boxes in front of 5 (?) of them ...4 boxes (or so) per table.
    At the Lloyd show, the dollar boxes were 2 boxes deep behind 2 or 3 (?) tables.

FOUND IT: Sunday Oct 16 ..Seattle Ctr- Shaw/Fidalgo room
    Yep, and there is the one in N. Seattle coming up in a few weeks, in early May.

..I like soundtrax , so the Mel Brooks may pan out....also duped up 4 or 5 that I have but could not pass up when in better condition than mine...

OK, well MelB may not get a second play , was pleasantly surprised that George Harrisons
    "Cloud Nine" seem to sound better on this vinyl than my CD copy. Lydia P & Cold Blood up next...

"Tarkio" has become a fav album in this last year, have searched shows , thrifts, stores with no joy...was finally reduced to buying from eBay ... it arrived today...seller "Safe as Milk" turned out to be a good one....its a little mellower on vinyl and its good ..

from Wiki ...

"The catchy single, "One Toke Over the Line", peaked at #10 (#5 in Canada), garnering notice from Spiro Agnew for what he saw as its subversiveness. Ironically, the song was performed (by Gail Farrell and Dick Dale) on The Lawrence Welk Show, which billed it a "modern spiritual"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Beach Boys - Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!)
    (1965, Capitol) T 2354 Mono pressing

I had "Girl Don't Tell Me" stuck in my head, so I had to give this one a spin.This can't be my favorite Beach Boys record when Pet Sounds exists but it's up there with some really nice Brian Wilson compositions under the good times, fun in the sun veneer.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Their first wasn't bad, but its not their best ...
    try Octopus, or Three Friends, or In a Glass House for better stuff by them.
    Actually, "Acquiring The Taste" was Gentle Giant's second album. Their first was a self titled album "Gentle Giant" with a cover that looks like the U.S. cover of Three Friends (close-up of the Giant's face). To my knowledge, it has never been released in the U.S. There are some nice tracks on it but it's not one of their best efforts IMHO. Audio samples and info available here http://www.amazon.com/Gentle-Giant/d...3239611&sr=1-2

when it rains, you get floyded out ..

Oh By The Way

checked this out ....mebbe overload (16 discs)

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7544377

LATER: Saucer didnt do it for me...
    nor Piper
    nor Atom heart mother

WOW ..hope I like something besides ..The Wall / DSOM and WYWH

Oh By The Way

LATER: Saucer didnt do it for me...
    nor Piper
    nor Atom heart mother

WOW ..hope I like something besides ..The Wall / DSOM and WYWH
    My two faves are More and Ummagumma, both very early but with Gilmour (after Syd but before Roger Waters took over and steered the band to art/concept rock ). Still, I enjoy everything Gilmour plays and sings anyway. More is a soundtrack so it doesn't resemble anything else they have done. I like it the best.
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Quicksilver Messenger Service - self titled
    (1968, Capitol) ST 2904; original pressing with red/silver foil printing on cover

Moby Grape-like folk-rock interspersed with long guitar-heavy instrumental passages.

I haven't posted to this thread much, but have been reading it on and off for a while and have seen some great albums here. I've been listening to some "oldies" in my collection from the 60's and 70's lately and thought I'd share a few....

ASYLUM CHOIR Leon Russel and Marc Benno 1968 Psychedelic Rock--phenomenal album if you like 60's psychedelia!

Outer Cover

Inner Cover

Premiata Forneria Marconi (otherwise known as PFM). Italian band founded in 1970 -- still recording and performing live today. Their first couple of albums (and some of their more recent albums) had Italian lyrics, but they were signed by Greg Lake to the Manticore Label in 1973 and had several of their subsequent albums with English lyrics written by Pete Sinfield (lyricist for ELP and King Crimson). Their music is a fusion of Rock, Jazz, Classical, Opera--amazing sound and unbelievably proficient on their instruments. Highly recommended!

1973 English Language Release PHOTOS OF GHOSTS

1974 English Language Release THE WORLD BECAME THE WORLD

Live clip from 1975
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2jcT...69FA2F77F6854A

Canadian band from Toronto called FM (not to be confused with PFM). Their first album "Black Noise" was fairly popular in the late 70's and is the only one of their albums that is available on CD. Great power trio lineup -- Cameron Hawkins Keyboards and Vocals, Martin Deller Drums, Ben Mink (much later became the producer for K.D. Lang--don't hold it against him!) Electric and Acoustic Mandolin (sounds like guitar), Violin, Vocals. He replaced original member Nash the Slash...... Great prog rock -- especially their first three albums. CITY OF FEAR (1980) is their third album on Passport Records....

Uriah Heep - The Best Of Uriah Heep
    (1976, Mercury) MASTERDISK G.K. in the deadwax; mastered by Gilbert Kong at Masterdisk

a nice compilation that captures all the progressive heavy metal bombast of these guys with Ken Hensley at the organ and Mick Box on a distortion drenched guitar. a thrift find on the way home today.

The Who - Odds & Sods
    (1974, Track/MCA)

The Who/Townshend are so good that this even this collection of oddities and leftovers is a blast. Little Billy is awesome.

All songs written by Pete Townshend except where noted.
    Side one
    1."Postcard" (John Entwistle) – 3:27
    2."Now I'm a Farmer" – 3:59
    3."Put the Money Down" – 4:14
    4."Little Billy" – 2:15
    5."Too Much of Anything" – 4:26
    6."Glow Girl" – 2:20
    Side two
    7."Pure and Easy" – 5:23
    8."Faith in Something Bigger" – 3:03
    9."I'm the Face" (Peter Meaden) (performed by The High Numbers) – 2:32
    10."Naked Eye" – 5:10
    11."Long Live Rock" – 3:54

Thread Information