Page 213 of 721 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Downloaded last night from HDTracks:

The Who Tommy 24bit 96Khz, sounds fantastic. Just finished listening to the entire album.

The Seeds - Fallin' Off The Edge
    [1977, GNP Crescendo]
    Singles and rarities

Name:  seeds DSC03385800.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  230.8 KBName:  seeds DSC03387.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  219.1 KB

The Swingin' Neckbreakers - The Return of Rock
    [2000, Telstar]

Name:  DSC03266.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  251.1 KBName:  DSC03267.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  206.4 KB

They sounds like cross between The Sonics & Ramones with flavors of Flamin' Groovies, Real Kids & Lyres. Ain't that perfect 10. Yessss !!!
    This is the real "Return of Rock".

Wishbone Ash - Pilgrimage
    (1971, Decca)

The 2nd record from Wishbone Ash. Side 1 is crushing, starting out with their ~5 minute instrumental version of a Brother Jack McDuff jazz composition.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

The Kingsmen - in Person
    [1964, Wand]

Name:  Kingsmen 1.JPG
Views: 1497
Size:  223.0 KBName:  Kingsmen.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  215.0 KB

Louie, Louie on thick vinyl and cover

earlier ....

It's A Beautiful Day - Marrying Maiden
    (1970, Columbia) 1985 issue on San Fransisco Sound label

I think this is a good follow-up but doesn't match their debut record. w/ Jerry Garcia: pedal steel guitar, banjo. More of the whirly floating psychedelic music on some songs, but more folky and earthy with the Garcia NRPS influence and also David LaFlamme was contributing to an early version of Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks at the time. The SF Sound label was/is owned by IABD's infamous first manager Matthew Katz, who had them playing at a club of the same name in Seattle in the late 60s. from Wiki: "From 1965 through 1973, Katz opened two different music clubs named "San Francisco Sound." The Seattle location was in a building on Capitol Hill originally named The Encore Ballroom. It is now a Public Storage warehouse"

now...

John Renbourn - Faro Annie
    (1971, Reprise)

Renbourn is backed by fellow Pentangle members Terry Cox and Danny Thompson. blues with acoustic and electric guitar, and occasionally a sitar.

Grateful Dead - American Beauty
    (1970, Warner Bros) Artisan Symbol in the deadwax

another record from the Dead in 1970 besides Workingman's Dead. w/ David Grisman playing Mandolin on Friend Of The Devil and Ripple, Howard Wales on organ, and NRPS.

The Music Machine - The Bonniwell Music Machine
    [1968, Warner Bros.]

Name:  Music Machine800.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  195.6 KB

Top notch Garage-Psych . One of the best lp's from 60's. The garage sound can't go no further. Top trax: Double Yellow Line, Absolutely Positively, Bottom of the Soul, I've Loved You, The Eagle Never Hunts the Fly. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

found an interesting one today...thot it more valuable than it turned out to be ....
    Buddy Holly on the Ace of Hearts (Decca) label from 10-1961 ..hey , it'll be 50 years old this October ...not in too bad a condition for its age...

burned a MD of the UltraDisc version of PF: Wish You Were here ...WOW
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

XTC - Oranges and Lemons
    (1989, Geffen) Precison in the deadwax

Almost as much fun as the XTC Dukes Of Stratosfear side-project. I'm getting a last few spins before I'm separated from my turntable for a few days visit to Southern California. I can feel the wdrawl pains already.

snagged these 3(5) today...the golden Treasures is a triple ..has some nuggets among the nons ....the BG's had a good track listing and great shape and I'd never seen
    "The 6 wives of Henry 8th" before...

Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You) - Little Caesar & The Romans / My Boyfriend's Back - Angels / Venus In Blue Jeans - Jimmy Clanton / Quarter To Three - Gary "U.S." Bonds / Raindrops - Dee Clark / Yakety Yak - Coasters / Sixteen Candles - Johnny Maestro / Palisades Park - Freddie Cannon / Teen Angel - Mark Dinning // The Twist - Chubby Checker / He's So Fine - Chiffons / He's A Rebel - Crystals / Save The Last Dance For Me - Drifters / Love Potion Number 9 - Clovers / Sugar Shack - Jimmy Gilmer / Surf City - Jan & dean / Rockin' Robin - Bobby Day // Tom Dooley - Kingston Trio / The Green Door - Jim Lowe / Tossin' And Turnin' - Bobby Lewis / See You In September - The Happenings / Come On-A my House - Rosemary Clooney / Cry - Johnnie Ray / Blue Moon - Marcels / Personality - Lloyd Price / Sh-Boom - Crew Cuts // This Diamond Ring - Gary Lewis & The Playboys / Peppermint twist - Joey Dee & The Starliters / My Guy - Mary Wells / It's My Party - Lesley Gore / Little Honda - Hondells / Bristol Stomp - Dovells / Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal // Windy - The Association / Rescue Me - Fontells Bass / Stormy - Classics IV Featuring Dennis Yost / The Boy From New York City - The Ad Libs / The Rain, The Park & other Things - Cowsills / Tighten Up - Archie Bell & The Drells / Ferry Cross The Mersey - Gerry & The Pacemakers / Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) - John Fred & His Playboy Band // Five O'Clock World - The Vogues / Young Girl - Gary Puckett & The Union Gap / Jean - Oliver / Heat Wave (Love Is Like A) - Martha Reeves / Harper Valley P.T.A. - Jeannie C. Riley / Come Back When You Grow Up Girl - Bobby Vee / Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head - B.J. Thomas / When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge

Been catching a lot of Jackie DeShannon ...amasing how many hits she had , many of them I had thought were done by Marianne Faithful.

LATER: i read this on Wiki abt "6 wives"
    ..The album made its general release on 23 January 1973.[13] It topped the album charts in four countries,[6] and went on to sell 15 million copies in total.[14] The record was overall well received by critics. Time magazine named it one of the best pop albums of 1973,[15] describing the album as "an astonishing classic-rock hybrid".[16] Rolling Stone noted Wakeman had "a brilliant feel for tasteful impressionistic composition", having made "an exceptionally interesting instrumental album with superb production".[17][18] Mike DeGange of Allmusic described Wakeman's use of his synthesizers as "masterful" and "instrumentally stunning", and rated the album 4.5 out of 5.[19]

sounds like a "listen to" sooner, rather than later...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The Open Mind - s/t
    [1969, Philips]

Name:  DSC03300.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  230.8 KB

U.K. Mod psychedelic jewel featuring cult 45'' Magic Potion/Cast a Spell as bonus.

My music is mostly digital anymore so no pics of vinyl covers, but here's a link to youtube.

Careful with the bass on this 1, gives my JBL's a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHGu2Pv2kx8

Genre is called Dubstep, I like some of the classics too, but this stuff has to good of a grove to pass up.

And some Keri Hilson, good Female R&B, she has a great voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4hFaf9I4U

Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy / The Jimi Hendrix Anthology
    (2010, Experience Hendrix) STERLING RJ in the deadwax; mastered by Ray Janos, Sterling Sound

listening to record 2, side 2. I have been reading a recent biography about Hendrix, Becoming Jimi Hendrix[/URL], while traveling the last few days. Great read.

Thread Information