Page 187 of 721 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Cream - Heavy Cream
    (1972, Polydor) STERLING RL in the deadwax; mastered by Robert Ludwig at Sterling Sound

Listening to sides 3/4. 2 LP compilation of Cream material from 1966-68.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy / The Jimi Hendrix Anthology
    (2010, Experience Hendrix) STERLING RJ in the deadwax; mastered by Ray Janos, Sterling Sound

Album 7 includes Dec. 1969 & Jan. 1970 NYC Record Plant sessions with Buddy Miles on drums. Also includes a March 1970 track from Olympic Studios in London with Jimi playing with Arthur Lee on Everlasting First. Hot damn, this is GOOD stuff.

Charlie Byrd, Barney Kessel, Herb Ellis - Great Guitars
    (1976, Concord)

These guys played together at the Concord Jazz festival in 1974 and 76. One track here is recorded live at the Pioneer Banque in Seattle. includes a medley where they pay homage to Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery and Charlie Chrstian. a $1 GW find yesterday.

Not really sure why I used to watch "Miami Vice" ...

prolly for the musik & Testarosa (certainly not for the acting / story) , but did have a fondness for some of the Jan Hammer offerings...so was happy to pick this one "Escape from Television" for 50 cents
    (despite ragged cover bottom edge) ...sounds fab.

RE: all the recent JH tunes.... (here comes the sacrilege ) ...I've heard him for 40 some odd years...he's got great stuff and some duds...in 2010 , I can only take short bursts of Jimi ...longer exposure seems to fatigue me now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

earlier...

Jorge Santana - self titled
    (1978, Tomato) MASTERDISK J.G. in the deadwax; mastered by Joe Gastwirt

Latin rock/blues, slick late 70s commercial pop treatment. Santana is backed by former bandmates from Malo. Tasty guitar playing.
    The cover is a painting by John Kacere. Another $1 grab from GW yesterday.

now...

Lou Reed - Rock And Roll Heart
    (1976, Arista)

Reed's 7th solo LP and first on the Arista label.

Robert Palmer - Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley
    (1974, Island) STERLING and "HI TO P.C." in the deadwax

Palmer's debut solo album recorded in New Orleans with lots of R&B funk. Backed by Little Feat members including Lowell George, and The Meters, Allen Toussaint. Steve Winwood plays piano on a track. Includes a cover of Little Feat's Sailin' Shoes. I found this excellent copy for 50 cents on the clearance shelf at HPB yesterday.

Pete Carr - Not A Word On It
    (1976, Big Tree) STERLING in the deadwax; mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound

All instrumental album from a legendary Muscle Shoals, AL session guitar player. Carr was a Lead guitar in the Muscle Shoals Sound Rhythm Section. In the late 60s he played in The Hour Glass, the R&B band led by Duane and Gregg Allman. Carr turned down an offer to join the Allman Brothers Band after Duane's death and Dickie Betts took that spot.

Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South
    (1970, Atco)

Electric blues just about doesn't get any better than this album. a note about the title from wiki:

The album title stemmed from the band's nickname for a farmhouse it rented in Georgia during the recording, the busy comings and goings at which reminded them of New York City's Idlewild Airport.

Dickey Betts & Great Southern - Atlanta's Burning Down
    (1978, Arista) STERLING in the deadwax; mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound

Solo LP from Allman Brothers Band lead guitar Dickey Betts. southern guitar boogie with the Bett's unmistakeable ringing signature sound and solos taking center stage. a $1 thrift pickup yesterday.

Cat Stevens - Teaser And The Fire Cat
    (1971, A&M)

Rick Wakeman plays piano on Morning Has Broken. also the title of a children's book written and illustrated by Cat Stevens, published in 1972.

Hi,
    You have changed your turntable
    Stéphane

Peter Townshend - Who Came First
    (1972, Track/Decca)

I'm reading a Keith Moon bio article[/URL] in a recent issue of New Yorker mag, need some Who related music. I can never hear enough "Pure And Easy" ...I think it's cool how there are a few notes of it included at the end of The Song Is Over on Who's Next. this copy is the first US release on the silver Track/Decca label. The gatefold cover includes two pictures of Meher Baba, also includes a folded painting insert by Michael McInnenny.

The Who - The Kids Are Alright
    (1979, MCA) TML in the deadwax; Mastered at The Mastering Lab, Hollywood, CA

I picked up The Who At Kilburn 1977 DVD at the library yesterday. It's 2008 release of a concert originally recorded for inclusion in The Kids Are Alright film. The soundtrack is a 2 LP compilation in a single top-loading unipak style cover, my copy has some wear but the LPs are excellent. The first track starts out with Tommy Smothers introducing and chatting with band members on The Smothers Brothers Show - funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stephane RAME View Post
    Hi,
    You have changed your turntable
    Stéphane
    Bon jour, Stephane,

Yes, I moved up to a Rega P3 + Benz Ace cartridge. Here's a picture of the new table / cartridge.

The Ace cartridge would not fit on the Thorens headshell/tone arm, and I really wanted this cartridge. I am very happy with the turntable. Tres bon.

Johnny Winter - About Blues
    (1970, Janus)

one of the many JW compilation releases, some tasty blues guitar here.

Thread Information