Page 186 of 721 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Brewer and Shipley - Shake Off The Demon
    (1971, Kama Sutra)

one for Seawolf....folk rock, with the edge going to the rock side of things. includes a cover of Jackson Browne's Rock Me On The Water. w/ guests John Cipollina, Spencer Dryden, David LaFlamme.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Brewer and Shipley - Shake Off The Demon
    (1971, Kama Sutra)

one for Seawolf....folk rock, with the edge going to the rock side of things. includes a cover of Jackson Browne's Rock Me On The Water. w/ guests John Cipollina, Spencer Dryden, David LaFlamme.
    not all the B&S does it for me..."Weeds" just didnt connect....just passed on a David LaFlamme album ...doing all the "Its a Beautiful Day" tunes. ...mite have grabbed it, but GreedWill has upped their vinyl prices to $2.99

Dug thru the racks today...just Barry Cantelope , Andy Williams & Barbara...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Box Of Frogs - self titled
    (1984, Epic) STERLING TJ in the deadwax; mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound

former Yardbirds Chris Dreja, Paul Samwell-Smith, and Jim McCarty with guests including Jeff Beck, Rory Gallagher.

Brewer and Shipley

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    not all the B&S does it for me..."Weeds" just didnt connect....just passed on a David LaFlamme album ...doing all the "Its a Beautiful Day" tunes. ...mite have grabbed it, but GreedyWill has upped their vinyl prices to $2.99

Dug thru the racks today...just Barry Cantelope , Andy Williams & Barbara...
    If you liked Tarkio, I think you'd like this one, it has the same hippie rock ambience.

Ouch, $2.99 is pricey for thrift records although you can still patrol and mark your territory for the half-price sales.

B.B. King - Guess Who
    (1972, ABC) STERLING in the deadwax

Pink Floyd - Relics
    (1971, Harvest) MASTERED BY CAPITOL in the deadwax

compilation of the band's early catalog with songs recorded in 1967-69. Allmusic review: "A little bit of everything that made early Pink Floyd can be found here." I'm currrently reading Barry Miles 2006 book: Pink Floyd The Early Years; interesting to hear some of the songs discussed in the book.

Charlie Byrd - Christmas Carols For Solo Guitar
    (1967, Columbia)

Cover painting: Detail from The Virgin of the Annunciation by Gerard David (d. 1523)

Robert Palmer - Double Fun
    (1978, Island) FW/JR in the deadwax; mastered by Jose Rodriguez at Frankford Wayne Mastering Labs, NYC

4th solo LP from Palmer. nicely produced pop with rock and blue eyed soul influences. with Little Feat personnel including Paul Barrere and Bill Payne, as well as Randy and Michael Brecker with the horns. Allmusic calls this feel-good and funky and I have to agree it's another fun one from Palmer. A $1 thrift find yesterday.

Bruce Cockburn - Resume
    (1981, True North) Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound

compilation includes previously unreleased "Coldest Night Of The Year". I saw a Cockburn LP at a store yesterday, and wanted to listen again to this Canadian singer-songwriter. Great stuff.

The Beach Boys - The Beach Boys Christmas Album
    (1964, Capitol) 1970's reissue; MASTERED BY CAPITOL in the deadwax

Todd Rundgren - Something / Anything?
    (1972, Bearsville)

Listening to Sides 1/2. includes a 4 page credits/lyrics insert. tracks recorded at I.D. Sound, LA. players include Rick Derringer, Ben Keith, Randy and Michael Brecker. This was the first Todd record that I heard - and was blown away by - years ago. All kinds of fun commentary wrapped around the song lyrics from Rundgren - for Sweeter Memories: "No this is not a drug song. Yes, I stole the drum part from Levon."

Area Code 615 - self titled
    (1969, Polydor) SS LH in the deadwax; mastered by Lee Hulko at Sterling Sound

Country rock album by top Nashville session players. These guys played on Harvest, Blonde On Blonde and Nashville Skyline albums. Kenny Buttrey, Norbert Putnam, Elliot Mazer, David Briggs. includes covers of Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, and Just Like A Woman. a 50 cent grab from a CD/record sale shelf at the local library this afternoon.

Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy / The Jimi Hendrix Anthology
    (2010, Experience Hendrix) STERLING RJ in the deadwax; mastered by Ray Janos, Sterling Sound

Disk 6 with recordings from various times in 1969 including Hound Dog Blues recorded at Olympic Studios, London in February, with Traffic's Chris Wood on sax and Jerry Goldstein on piano. Previously unreleased live tracks from the 12/31/69 Fillmore East 2nd show - Foxey Lady, Stone Free, and Fire.

A new report by one of the Senate's top watchers of wasteful spending slams $11.5 billion worth of items from 2010. The report will no doubt become fodder for future budget debates.
    Sen. Tom Coburn's Wastebook 2010 highlights, for instance, $615,000 in federal funds to digitize photographs, T-shirts and concert tickets belonging to the Grateful Dead. The money went to the University of California at Santa Cruz, the band's chosen spot for an archive that is supposed to be free to the public.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ul-spending-/1
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Sonny Rollins - Don't Ask
    (1979, Milestone) KENDUN JG in the deadwax, mastered by John Golden at Kendun Recorders

w/ special guest Larry Coryell. excellent playing by Rollins and Coryell, a few tracks with alternating solos (Coryell lets loose on at least one track), alternating fast and slow tempos with great sounding congas and other high frequency latin percussion.

Rod Stewart - Never A Dull Moment
    (1972, Mercury) G.K. in the deadwax; Gilbert Kong, mastering engineer

with a double paged gatefold cover. includes a nice cover of the Jimi Hendrix song Angel (a version included in the new Hendrix WCSB set), and Dylan's Mama, You've Been On My Mind. Really nice sounding, nice mastering from G.K. as usual.

Thread Information