Page 183 of 721 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

went out to Salvation Army's half price sale...not much there, but I grabbed this double LP of
    "WAR Live" ....has a 17 minute "Slippin' into Darkness" ...great condition for a buck

http://www.amazon.com/War-Live/dp/B0...0902638&sr=1-1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Wishbone Ash - self titled
    (1970, MCA) "MCA-23 (formerly DL7-5249)" on back cover

debut record with blues, progressive rock, and psychedelic interludes. produced by Deep Purple producer Derek Lawrence. Side 2 consists of two 10 minutes+ songs composed nearly all instrumental with thundering bass from Martin Turner and twin lead guitar attack from Andy Powell and Ted Turner.

War - Live

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    went out to Salvation Army's half price sale...not much there, but I grabbed this double LP of
    "WAR Live"
    Nice grab. I really like that one, well recorded!~
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

The Kinks - A Compleat Collection
    (1984, Compleat) "Pressed at Sound Makers, N.J." in the deadwax

a 2 LP compilation of early songs, listening to sides 3/4 with a lot of the early hits. a nice listen at the end of the work week...with songs like Till The End of The Day, Set Me Free, and All Day and All Of The Night. Some of the songs are nicely done, some are a bit on the shrill side.

Kinks - Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround
    (1970, Reprise)

Original 1970 issue with blue print on white gatefold cover, the later 1971 pressing had black ink on white cover according to Goldmine. The usual wonderful sounding late 60's studio magic with this one, thundering drums and bass and a huge soundstage.

The Rolling Stones - Aftermath
    (1966, London) mid-70s W. German pressing on Nova Records

This W. German pressing, purchased new back in the mid-70s, is absolutely stunning and breathtaking, and I needed to hear it after drooling at The Rolling Stones 1964-1969 - Limited Edition Remastered Vinyl Box Set on amazon.com. I have several different label versions of the US London Mono release, 2nd and 3rd picture here, but the Kraut pressing kills them.

Yes - self titled
    (1969, Atlantic)

debut record, US pressing. w/ an interesting progressive noodling cover of The Byrds "I See You"; also a cover of Lennon&McCartney's "Every Little Thing". Bill Bruford, drums, vibes; Tony Kaye, organ, piano; Peter Banks, guitar, vocals; Chris Squire, bass, vocals; John Anderson, lead singer and incidental percussion. It's "John" instead of his later spelling of his name "Jon".

The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
    (1973, Rolling Stones Records) DM in the deadwax; Canadian pressing at CBS Canada - Don Mills, Ontario

I picked up this Canadian pressing this week. It's in excellent condition, other than some edge wear on the cover.

earlier:

Synergy - Cords
    (1978, Passport) STERLING in the deadwax; mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound, NYC

"this album was recorded using only electronic music devices". special thanks include Robert Fripp, Peter Gabriel. Cover by Hipgnosis. cleaned up well, always hard to tell condition on the colored or clear LPs.

right now:

Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, Steve Stills - Super Session
    (1968, Columbia)

A wonderful sounding Columbia 2-eyes that I picked up in a collection a couple of years ago from a woman who took care of her records, thanks Susan! I also have a 1980s reissue, PC 9701, with the Columbia Columbia Columbia label, appears unplayed, cover still in shrink.

The Blasters - self titled
    (1981, Slash)

I picked up this one in a collection a few years ago. another discovery while going through the basement backlog recently. Very glad that I was grabbing records while the grabbing was good a few years ago. Thank you Itunes and BOSE.

Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes
    (1978, RCA) Japan pressing

double LP with lyrics sheet in english and japanese. Listening to sides 1/2.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
    (1967, Reprise) 1979 pressing

2nd picture includes my 1968 copy w/ the W7 two-tone label. I'm doing some JHE listening while waiting for a copy of the West Coast Seattle Boy 8-LP box set, due to arrive next week. Can't wait after reading all the good comments/great reviews on the WCSB release.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery
    (1973, Manticore) MADE IN GERMANY in the deadwax; W. German Pressing

I purchased this new in the mid 70s. I sounds really nice, Nice soundstage, top-end, and a deep disturbing low frequencies which suits the material. This one has a top-loading cover and includes cool poster/lyrics sheet. I have the 1977 US Atlantic copy that I picked up garage sale-ing, no insert and the record loads from inside, Uni-pak style.

Bob Dylan - Biograph
    (1985, Columbia) mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound, NYC

A 5-LP box set that I received as a gift back in the 80s. With a 35 page color photo booklet with text and song notes by Cameron Crowe. Several unreleased song versions. My high school age son is writing a paper on American artists (of any kind) that had a strong influence on the times - he picked Dylan, great choice.

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
    (1965, Columbia) Mono pressing

a wonderful warm 60s Columbia Mono recording. with Mike Bloomfield on lead guitar and Al Kooper sitting in on organ for "Like A Rolling Stone". Highway 61 Revisited ranked #4 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, "Like A Rolling Stone" is ranked #1 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time

8 miles in frigid PDX yesterday, bundled up like a bank robber
    (did get funny looks when I stopped in at the bank) ....only LP pickups were classicals...

Have been listened to the first 2 albums by Mary Hopkin , what a great voice ....it does seem to fatigue you after extended listening tho

Mary Hopkin (born 3 May 1950), credited on some recordings as Mary Visconti, is a Welsh folk singer best known for her 1968 UK number one single "Those Were The Days". She was one of the first musicians to sign to The Beatles' Apple label.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Hopkin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information