Page 178 of 721 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy
    (1976, Warner Bros) Winchester rifle symbol in the deadwax; pressed at the Winchester, VA plant

I've had this record for awhile but I've avoided playing, just expecting disappointment judging by the cover. glad I finally gave this a spin. It's a nice sounding record with the classic Sabbath guitar sound and Ozzy vocals on most tracks.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Baden Powell - Solitude On Guitar
    (1974, Columbia) "Demonstration / Not For Sale" stamped on back cover

Brazilian guitarist; Stan Getz quote in the liner notes: "For me, he's the greatest guitarist living today".
    w/ Eberhard Weber, bass. recorded December, 1971, Studio Waldorf, Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    and more Linda (can you ever have too much ??)
    Yeah..I just bought this same Linda album yesterday, but found a VG copy for 35 cents today...so 1 for each system..I guess.

Went by truck (how barbaric) to the Applebys Vets lunch (20 fried shrimp) and stopped at the thrift on the way home...50% off whole store..so grabbed these 7.

Always wanted "Willie Remembers" ..but every copy I've seen has been trashed so was quite happy to find a VG copy at 2 for 69cents...Tull had been recommended, never seen this 3 Dog Night and may have this Heart..but for the price..couldn't leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Bob View Post
    My first post on the music thread.
    Welcome CB...SLF and I were getting lonely
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Pat Metheny 80/81

ECM

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    (1974, Warner Bros) Winchester rifle symbol in the deadwax; pressed at the Winchester, VA plant

This one is still in the range of interesting BS records, lots of recognizeable tunes here especially the title track.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Bob View Post

Pat Metheny 80/81

ECM
    GREAT choice for a first post here, Bob!

Good to see ya over here!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Yeah..I just bought this same Linda album yesterday, but found a VG copy for 35 cents today...so 1 for each system..I guess.

Went by truck (how barbaric) to the Applebys Vets lunch (20 fried shrimp) and stopped at the thrift on the way home...50% off whole store..so grabbed these 7.

Always wanted "Willie Remembers" ..but every copy I've seen has been trashed so was quite happy to find a VG copy at 2 for 69cents...Tull had been recommended, never seen this 3 Dog Night and may have this Heart..but for the price..couldn't leave it there...
    That's how it seems to work, right after you find a record you've been looking for ... another nice copy shows up for a buck or less. I have a separate section for nice duplicate copies too - convenient to have them in the room when listening to the 2nd system.

35 cents each? nice grabs!

Gerry Mulligan - The Great Gerry Mulligan
    (1963, United)

This record appears to be issued on a budget label "United*Superior Records" with a Normandie Ave, Los Angeles, California address listed on the back cover. I also have another pressing on the budget label Crown also with an LA address on the back cover. Both are stereo pressings - trumpet and bass in the right channel, sax and percussion on the left channel. excellent copy, sounds very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post

That's how it seems to work, right after you find a record you've been looking for ... another nice copy shows up for a buck or less. I have a separate section for nice duplicate copies too - convenient to have them in the room when listening to the 2nd system.

35 cents each? nice grabs!
    yeah..I'll find and buy something that have been seeking and then find it again later in better condition .they start adding up...gotta take it easy on Linda & The Eagles...they almost have their own shelves. Local thrift is 69 cents on LP's...but half price on holidays and senior Wednesdays...at 35 cents , its hard to leave them there..

Got the 4 CD Ray Charles "Genius" set ...I grew up with a lot of this tuneage...amazing how many hits he had ...burned a MD for another LHF member and I think he's wearing out the disk.. ..got the beryllium tweeted Yammys out on the test rig and Ray never sounded sweeter as the new LPs get cleaned ...off on motorized vinyl safari today , tho still dont have the OK to ride bike...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Michael Hedges - Breakfast In The Field
    (1981, Windham Hill) original half-speed mastering by Stan Ricker at MFSL.

w/ George Winston, piano.

Mike Oldfield - Incantations
    (1978, Virgin) French pressing

a 2 LP set with 1 composition divided into 4 movements and 72:44 in length. w/ Maddy Prior on vocals. the cover photo location is a beach on the island of Minorca in the Mediterranean.

Muddy Waters - King Bee
    (1981, Blue Sky) STERLING GC in the deadwax; mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound

third in a series of records done for the label Blue Sky with producer/guitarist Johnny Winter.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes
    (1979, Backstreet) STERLING in the deadwax

This is the 1987 reissue on MCA. Great production, really wakes up the big JBL monitors + Crown amp.
    I was talking to friend in Tacoma last night- he picked up the new Bluray release of this title, and is very happy with it.

Jackson Browne - For Everyman
    (1973, Asylum)

Browne's 2nd album using some of his earlier material including "These Days" which he wrote when he was 15 or 16 years old, and which he first recorded in 1967 with Nico.

Gregg Allman - Laid Back
    (1973, Capricorn) mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound

w/ my favorite version of Jackson Browne's "These Days". nice color pictures in the inner gatefold.
    R&B, folk, and gospel sounds, great singing by Allman. w/ Chuck Leavell, piano; Jai Johanny Johanson, Butch Trucks, percussion; David "Fathead" Newman, sax.

The Band - Islands
    (1977, Capitol) Winchester rifle symbol in the deadwax; mastered by Bernie Grundman

final record by The Band with original members, final record on the Capitol label. has the Band's signature tasty playing and singing.

Thread Information