Page 160 of 721 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
    (1965, Columbia) Mono pressing

Dylan's 6th studio record and first album to be recorded with a rock band on every track. w/ Michael Bloomfield, guitar; Al Kooper, organ and piano.
    comparing with another Mono 2-eye, both look and sound really nice.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Nico - Chelsea Girl
    (1967, Verve) Stereo pressing

debut solo LP from Nico. includes "I'll Keep It With Mine" which Bob Dylan wrote when he was with Nico during the 1964 Europe tour and gave to her to record; also includes 3 songs by Jackson Browne who plays guitar here, and songs by John Cale and Lou Reed.

Mott The Hoople - Mott The Hoople Greatest Hits
    (1976, Columbia) Disc cutting engineer: Arun Chakraverty

compilation of songs from 1972-74; Mick Ralphs, Lead guitar; Ian Hunter, piano

Laurindo Almeida - The Look Of Love
    (1968, Capitol)

a really nice recording and arrangements w/ vibes, piano, bass, drums, woodwinds and strings playing behind Almeiada on "spanish guitar".

Jim Hall - Jim Hall Live!
    (1975, Horizon)

recorded June, 1975 at Bourbon Street, Toronto. jazz guitar, acoustic bass, drums.

The Jazz Crusaders - Give Peace A Chance
    (1970, Liberty)

w/ tenor saxophonist Wilton Felder, trombonist Wayne Henderson, pianist Joe Sample, drummer Stix Hooper and bassist Buster Williams; includes an 11 minute track "Space Settlement".

all summer I've been wanting to take a tour of the lower Hawthorne record stores ..there are 5 or 6 of them...so today I put the bike in the truck and drove over there...parked at abt 49th and rode down to 30th and back....
    Out of them all , I appreciated "CrossRoads Music" and "Jackpot" the most ....CRM is a vinyl co-op ...there are 40-50 sellers and each has a section..so if you dont find the desired record in 1 section you have to go try the next...prices are all over depending on seller section....they do have a couple boxes of free records by the door and sometimes they are pretty good...the Winwood was a freebie.

Jackpot has a fair pile of dollar records

If anyone is interested in used vinyl in Portland, I picked up the 2010 map of stores and can scan it ....

had hopes for the Cat Stevens...but the magic of his early LP's seems to have evaporated. second copy of 461 , but I like it a lot and now have a LR and BR copy.

Must have been in a Stills mood... ...seems like BMWPhil was looking for "Illegal Stills" at one time ?

The Mayall is a double..
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Yusef Lateef - Suite 16
    (1970, Atlantic)

w/ Eric Gale, Joe Zawinul, Chuck Rainey. includes nice covers of When A Man Loves A Woman and Michelle, which features a 16 year old Earl Klugh on guitar in his first recording.
    a $1 thrift store pickup yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    all summer I've been wanting to take a tour of the lower Hawthorne record stores ..there are 6 or 7 of them...so today I put the bike in the truck and drove over there...parked at abt 49th and rode down to 30th and back....
    Out of them all , I appreciated "CrossRoads Music" and "Jackpot" the most ....CRM is a vinyl co-op ...there are 40-50 sellers and each has a section..so if you dont find the desired record in 1 section you have to go try the next...prices are all over depending on seller section....they do have a couple boxes of free records by the door and sometimes they are pretty good...the Winwood was a freebie.

Jackpot has a fair pile of dollar records

If anyone is interested in used vinyl in Portland, I picked up the 2010 map of stores and can scan it ....

had hopes for the Cat Stevens...but the magic of his early LP's seems to have evaporated. second copy of 461 , but I like it a lot and now have a LR and BR copy.

Must have been in a Stills mood... ...seems like BMWPhil was looking for "Illegal Stills" at one time ?

The Mayall is a double..
    Nice grabs. I think Stills, Winwood and Mayall are always interesting, you can't go wrong. 461 is a great record.

Thanks for the Portland record store report. I will have to hit the Hawthorne next time I'm down there. I will take a scan of the record store map, if it's not too much trouble.

I hear from friends that there are some great record shows down there, they keep telling me I need to hit one, looks like there's one at the end of September at the Lloyds center. hmm.

80's Saturday !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGvz...x=0&playnext=1

This guy is to be envied ..... to be given a gift that just gives back .... he's happy and his eyes are clear too !

Crank it up and do the dusting .!

Rich

LA4 - Executive Suite
    (1983, Concord)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Thanks for the Portland record store report. I will have to hit the Hawthorne next time I'm down there. I will take a scan of the record store map, if it's not too much trouble.
    here is reduced sized scans , if you need full rez...send me an email address..

"Exiled Music" , the clerk not very friendly, small store, no budget section.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery
    (1975, Chrysalis) Promo/NFS

8th studio album, recorded in Monte Carlo. hard rock, folk and classical together and nicely produced, similar to Thick As A Brick.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    here is reduced sized scans , if you need full rez...send me an email address..

"Exiled Music" , the clerk not very friendly, small store, no budget section.
    Tres bon, thanks. harrumpf sounds like one to pass by, and I guess that store name is appropriate then. did the clerk resemble Jack Black?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECyX8A3iP0

Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa
    (1969, Warner Bros) Artisan symbol in the deadwax

3rd studio album, originally titled "Earthquake Country". 8 months in the studio with access to Ampex MM-1000 — the first 16-track tape machines.

Thread Information