Page 155 of 721 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Pat Metheny Group - Letter From Home
    (1989, Geffen) MASTERDISK DMM in the deadwax; mastered by Bob Ludwig, Masterdisk

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Coleman Hawkins - The Hawk Flies
    (1973, Milestone)

2 LP compilation of material recorded in the 40s and 50s w/ people like Monk, Art Blakey, Milt Jackson, JJ Johnson, Hank Jones, Max Roach, Jo Jones.

Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon
    (1973, Columbia) STERLING in the deadwax

Sure Kodachrome has been played to death, but this record is full of great classic songs. I think it's a masterpiece by one of the great singer songwriters. some songs recorded in Muscle Shoals AL, contributions here from Grady Tate, Quincy Jones, Pete Carr, Airto, Maggie and Terre Roche, Paul Samwell-Smith

Linc Chamberland - Yet To Come
    (1981, Muse) Promo / NFS

very tasty, intense Jazz guitar. w/ David Friesen, bass. a thrift store find this week.

Hot Tuna - Hoppkorv
    (1976, Grunt) KENDUN & JANE in the deadwax both sides; mastered by Rick Collins

...found this very clean copy for $1 at a yard sale this AM, cover and vinyl is better than my other copy.
    features clean production, short songs. includes a high octane cover of Buddy Holly's It's So Easy.

Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night
    (1973, London) STERLING in the deadwax

Some well produced prog rock. $1 grab last weekend - a record station promo copy with a beat-up cover but the record looks and plays NM.

The KAOS call letters on the cover ....a local college station with interesting history including name from the Get Smart tv show. from wikipedia:
    KAOS 89.3 FM is a hybrid college-community radio station founded by Dean Katz of The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. When he traveled to Seattle to apply for the station license, his official papers had the radio station call letters as KESC (for "Evergreen State College.") However, unbeknownst to his adviser and almost everyone else, Katz had other ideas, being a fan of the TV show Get Smart. The license was granted under his surprise application and broadcasts began January 1, 1973. Since then, the station has been a mainstay in Olympia's local music scene, including a famous early appearance by Nirvana on April 17, 1987 (their second ever) and a Kurt Cobain solo acoustic performance on 1990 (both included on the Nirvana box set With the Lights Out). Today the station, which continues a music policy of at least 80% independent music, broadcasts in HD at a power of 1,100 watts and also streams live via the Internet. The station continues to offer free radio broadcasting training to any member of the community

I rode 13.5 miles to Gresham , and all I got was a couple of crummy records....

Actually I kinda like ELO and despite never seeing Platoon, the tunes are all classic 60's

both in like new condition
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Argent - Ring Of Hands
    (1971, Epic)

2nd release from this British rock and pop band, formed by members of the The Zombies. cover designed by Hipgnosis, w/ a cool inner gatefold photo.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I rode 13.5 miles to Gersham , and all I got was a couple of crummy records....

Actually I kinda like ELO and despite never seeing Platoon, the tunes are all classic 60's

both in like new condition
    I don't think you can go wrong with that ELO.

Hopefully you stayed dry down there, we had some fairly heavy showers at mid-day up here in the Seattle area with temps in the low 60s. minus the rain, I guess that's pretty great riding weather, certainly better than 95' and blistering sun.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night
    (1973, London) STERLING in the deadwax

Some well produced prog rock. $1 grab last weekend - a record station promo copy with a beat-up cover but the record looks and plays NM.
    One of my all time favs from the Canterbury Prog scene ... (also here)
    That, and "The Land of Grey and Pink"
    "... don't leave your Dad in the rain ..."
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with that ELO.
    Hopefully you stayed dry down there, we had some fairly heavy showers at mid-day up here in the Seattle area with temps in the low 60s. minus the rain, I guess that's pretty great riding weather, certainly better than 95' and blistering sun.
    I ignored ELO when they were recording, but have come to appreciate them more this last year...Eldorado was the album that got me interested.

No rain in PDX today...coolish , upper 60s, low 70s , partial clouds ....perfect riding weather...am going to ride thru the fall and winter and have been scouting wet riding gear in addition to LP's....had the soundtrack to "Lawrence of Arabia" today , but too beat up to buy...composed by Maurice Jarre , Jean Michel Jarre's father.

Heart - Magazine
    (1977, Mushroom) 1978 re-mixed version; Mastered at Kendun recorders

"Special limited edition" picture disk #3082. includes a nice cover of Harry Nilsson's Without You.
    includes a couple of songs recorded live in 1975 at the old Aquarius Tavern in North Seattle, aka Parker's Ballroom, up in my neck of the woods. Some history on the venue:

Seattle’s venerable old Parker's Ballroom (which opened in 1930 on the "New Seattle-Everett Highway," now known as Aurora Avenue N) holds a unique place in Northwest music history. Like a few other local dancehalls, it spanned all of the sequential musical era’s from the wild jazz days of the Prohibition Era right on up through the forties swing scene, from the rise of rock ‘n’ roll in the fifties, to the psychedelic sixties, and onwards to the heavy metal, disco, and punk rock scenes of the seventies. Unlike most other historic dancehalls though, Parker’s still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    One of my all time favs from the Canterbury Prog scene ... (also here)
    That, and "The Land of Grey and Pink"
    "... don't leave your Dad in the rain ..."
    Another great band, and the first that comes to mind for me in reference to the Canterbury scene, is The Soft Machine. I'm currently on the lookout for Soft Machine titles.

Jack Bruce/Robin Trower - Truce
    (1981, Chrysalis) Artisan symbol in the deadwax; promo/nfs

Somebody in this thread had recommended James Last , so thot I'd give him a try... .....Young looks OK and the soundtrack of UC looked good as did the vinyl..$2 total

Oh here, Peter did..

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?23662-Records-are-Back!&p=247078&viewfull=1#post247078
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Jan Akkerman - Tabernakel
    (1973, Atco)

solo album by the Dutch guitarist, Focus co-founder. Half acoustic, half electric with some solid drumming by Carmine Appice and Tim Bogert, bass.

hjames - if you see this, I think you need to free up some of your private messages. I got this when I tried to send a PM....

hjames has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Thread Information