Page 152 of 721 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Ricardo Silveira - Long Distance
    (1988,Verve Forecast) MASTERDISK Hw in the deadwax, mastered by Howie Weinberg at Masterdisk

Berklee trained jazz guitarist from Brazil who played alot with Herbie Mann in NYC and Milton Nascimento in Brazil.
    Lots of Brazilian players here, as well as Pat Metheny, David Sanborn on a couple of tracks.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
    (1966, Columbia) Mono; first pressing with the women pictured in the gatefold

I listened to this on cassette in the truck yesterday, great music for driving around. Wanted to spin the LP.
    Visions of Johanna -- "inside the museum, infinity goes up on trial".

Nick Lowe - Labour Of Lust
    (1979, Columbia)

lots of memories of playing this one back when it first came out. Love the clever lyrics and a great studio production.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
    (1969, Fantasy) dark blue label 1st pressing

CCR! American roots music for an American holiday. Happy 4th everyone.

DEEP PURPLE -live on the BBC

Hybrid SACD
    Name:  DP_BBC.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  40.1 KB

NP: River Deep Mountain High

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    Hybrid SACD
    Name:  DP_BBC.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  40.1 KB

NP: River Deep Mountain High

Hey Peter ...

A basic question......Do many Euro guys mostly listen to native tongue music ...ie: Germans listen mainly to German music or is it a mix ? or is it mainly English language music ?

I know, funny/stupid question ...but idle minds need to know......

So...July 2,3,4,5 have been cool and overcast....starting to clear now (afternoon July 5) and got out for 6 miles on the TREK....brought back this U2 double...just realized that I have NO U2 whatsoever...this is my first...hope its a good one...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    A basic question......Do many Euro guys mostly listen to native tongue music ...ie: Germans listen mainly to German music or is it a mix ? or is it mainly English language music ?

I know, funny/stupid question ...but idle minds need to know......
    The question is quite ok, but the answer is difficult to find. Myriads of thoughts come into mind. "There is a mix" is simply too short. I'm no expert and see it only with my own eyes rsp. ears impacted by my preferences (amongst others R&R).

I think I'll start with a new thread European Music.
    In this forum there are regularly forumites from other European countries and they are invited to contribute.
    With help of YouTube I'll start a little journey from north to south in Europe emphazising Germany and Hamburg.

The Grateful Dead - Europe '72
    (1972, Warner Bros) Artisan symbol in the deadwax, 1972 green label pressing

Listening to record #3 with Prologue/Morning Dew.

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
    (1969, Harvest) 1970 pressing with white album cover leaning against wall in the picture

Yard sale pickup from a few weeks ago in excellent condition. Listening to record 2, comparing to my other 1970 US Harvest - seems like it's a tie, both play very well, both front covers have a bit of ringwear in the upper half.

The Miroslav Vitous Group - self titled
    (1981, ECM)

2nd release on ECM from the bass player and founding member of Weather Report.

Some albums stay with you long after the playing is over ....Abraxas , A Space in Time, some CCR albums, The Doors (first & SD) all do it for me...I discovered this year that Cricklewood Green is one of those too... Have never seen it in person for sale on vinyl, and started watching eBay ....lost a couple of auctions, where it got above my self imposed limits..

10 days back found an auction of Cricklewood and the double of "Recorded Live 73" on LP....with a make an offer option.....offered $10 for both including shipping...he took it and they showed up today....very nice condition ....if you wait long enough , even cheap deals come true...

Hey HJ: I noticed your "NP: Peter Gabriel - First 4 Cds, Remastered" ,and was interested since I'd just gone through a mini PG fest....some albums weren't so enjoyable, but "SO" rather stood out for me...what are your prefs , so far ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Fleetwood Mac - Kiln House
    (1970, Reprise) artisan symbol in the deadwax

w/ a nice insert with pictures and song credits. really like the Danny Kirwan songs here and on the subsequent Future Games and Bare Trees records.

Mike Oldfield - Incantations
    (1978, Virgin) French pressing

w/ Maddy Prior on background vocals. a 2 LP set. yard sale pickup today for $1, cover has some edge wear but the LPs are excellent, look and sound unplayed.

Jackie McLean - A Ghetto Lullaby
    (1976, Inner City)

recorded live at Montmartre Jazzhus, 1973. a yard sale grab yesterday morning.

Ry Cooder - Showtime
    (1977, Warner Bros) Promo/NFS; mastered by Lee Herschberg

the Chicken Skin revue. recorded live in SF, December 1976.

Thread Information