Page 140 of 721 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

The Kinks - A Compleat Collection
    (1984, Compleat) "Pressed at Sound Makers, N.J." in the deadwax

2 LP compile includes alot of the well known material on the 2nd disk, but also interesting early songs like Stop Your Sobbing and I'm Not Like Everybody Else and some apparently less common titles including their first two singles and the B side to Dedicated Follower Of Fashion titled "Sittin' On My Sofa".

The record sounds really nice, and this copy looks like it's never been played.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Poco - From The Inside
    (1971, Epic)

Very nice record w/ a nice gatefold cover. I do see the early Eagles comparison.
    I have always liked Richie Furay's songs and singing which predominate on this album.

Jimi Hendrix - Self titled (compilation)
    (1976, Polydor) UK pressing, Polydor 2343 080

Compilation of previously released material incl. 2 Live tracks: Fillmore East, New York City, NY 01.01.70; 2nd Show / Berkeley Community Theatre, Berkeley, CA 30.05.70; 1st Show

Did the long Gresham ride today again as it was 50% weekend at the other SA...I'm really picky about condition anymore...grabbed about 40 that I wanted and sorted down to 14 in near perfect condition...biggest haul in a while..... (did not know that there was a "Stills Young" band
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

a few more....

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    (did not know that there was a "Stills Young" band
    Just that one album. Recorded in Miami I think? A favorite of mine, I don't know if it has ever hit CD. I think On The Beach has, another keeper from that era.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Bola Sete - Ocean
    (1975, Takoma) recorded 1972, mastered by David Kulka

produced by John Fahey and Doug Decker. Afro-cuban, flamenco style acoustic guitar from the Brazilian guitarist.
    Picked out of a 25 cent box at an HPB warehouse sale yesterday.

Tracy Nelson/Mother Earth - Poor Man's Paradise
    (1973, Columbia) Mastering by Jack Ashkinazy, recorded in Nashville

really nice, solid blues singing. Her song Down So Low was covered by Linda Ronstadt and others; her band Mother Earth was part of the 60's SF music scene.

unsettled weather, so stayed inside doing a mass vinyl cleaning and auditioning...2 days ago found these 2 gems...it's no secret that I like Fogerty and "Eye of the Zombie" is fun....."Violence is Golden" is classic JF commentary and "Change in the Weather" is absolute CCR style...belongs in a greatest hits compile.

SLF and I have discussed Gabor Szabo before....a really nice guitar expo ...his "Gypsy Queen" just barely recognizable on Abraxas

giving the SL-Q3 a real workout today...

Argent - In Deep
    (1973, Columbia)

includes "God Gave Rock and Roll to You". This is Argent's 4th record with more of a heavy, progrock sound than earlier albums.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    unsettled weather, so stayed inside doing a mass vinyl cleaning and auditioning...2 days ago found these 2 gems...it's no secret that I like Fogerty and "Eye of the Zombie" is fun....."Violence is Golden" is classic JF commentary and "Change in the Weather" is absolute CCR style...belongs in a greatest hits compile.

SLF and I have discussed Gabor Szabo before....a really nice guitar expo ...his "Gypsy Queen" just barely recognizable on Abraxas

giving the SL-Q3 a real workout today...
    Looks like a couple of great choices there!

+1 on the staying inside today. It's more than unsettled up here with some strong wind gusts and I think I heard that they expect to have a foot of new snow in the passes by tomorrow - first week of May??

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    +1 on the staying inside today. It's more than unsettled up here with some strong wind gusts and I think I heard that they expect to have a foot of new snow in the passes by tomorrow - first week of May??
    Stupidly.(?)..think I'm gonna GorTex up and head out on the 7 mile loop ...after "Eye of the Zombie" , I started pushing keys and this morning was rewarded with a 20 disk Fogerty discography..started with this one...some gems/some duds...

Hot Tuna - America's Choice
    (1975, Grunt) "For Diane & Devin" (side 1) / KENDUN B in the deadwax; mastered by Rick Collins, Kendun Recorders, Burbank

5th album from HT with lots of tasty extended electric-guitar solos. turn it up!

Papa John Creach & Zulu - Playing My Fiddle For You
    (1974, Grunt)

w/ horns, clavinet, organ, congas. includes an instrumental version of Milk Train which Creach composed w/ Grace Slick, and is played live on the 30 Seconds Over Winterland LP.

Papa John Creach - self titled
    (1971, Grunt)

Grace Slick chimes in on the first song, and all the members of Jefferson Airplane make appearances on the album along with members of the Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Santana, and Tower of Power.

Thread Information