Page 139 of 721 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Chick Corea - Inner Space
    (1973, Atlantic) AT/DK in the deadwax - mastered by Dennis King at Atlantic

Yard sale pickup this am. 2 LP compilation of everything Corea did with Atlantic including the 1966 quintet* LP produced by Herbie Mann.
    *Steve Swallow, bass; Joe Farrel, tenor, Woody Shaw, trumpet, Joe Chambers, drums. recorded December 1966 and November 1968.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

L.A. Getaway - Self Titled
    (1971, Atco) STERLING RL in the deadwax; mastered by Robert Ludwig

Yard sale find this am. I knew it would be good when I saw Chris Etheridge and John Barbata listed. Cleaned up well, plays well. Great blues rock. Joel Scott Hill (guitar/vocals), Chris Ethridge (bass/piano/vocals), and Johnny Barbata (drums). Lots of guest appearances including Dr. John, Leon Russell, Booker T.

Jefferson Airplane - After Bathing At Baxters
    (1967, RCA Victor)

I saw a stereo copy of this one at a yard sale this morning, but w/ the usual light scuff/scratches surface noise hell. I'm overdue for a listen to this classic record.
    "said to the wind as it blew you away, that’s where I wanted to go today . . ."

Shakti - Shakti With John McLaughlin
    (1975, Columbia) Promo / NFS

recorded live July 1975 at South Hampton College. This is the first of three records McLaughlin did w/ Shakti and one of his forays into Indian music. Man, this cooks. Pounding tabla while McLaughlin does his thing, on fire.

Radio station copy, carefully noted by someone on the cover AND the record label. Yard sale pickup today, plays wonderfully.

BeBopDeluxe - Futurama
    (1975, Harvest/EMI) UK pressing

another yard sale find this am. I have a US copy, but couldn't pass up this pristine UK version, mid 70s progressive rock with some killer guitar from Bill Nelson.

The Butterfield Blues Band - In My Own Dream
    (1968, Elektra) brown label original pressing; Monarch symbol in the deadwax

Nice gatefold cover with some w/ interesting, creative liner notes from Alfred G. Aronowitz (who also reviewed Jimi Hendrix Experience for Life Mag in the 1968, I see). with Elvin Bishop, Al Kooper, David Sanborn.

w/ original brown Elektra inner paper sleeve and I found the original purchase receipt inside the cover ...sold for $3.79 + .15 tax ...dated Oct 14, 1968 from "The Singer Company, Ala Moana Center, Honolulu, Hawaii". I've been to the Ala Moana shopping center in the past couple of years but I think it's a little different than it was 40+ years ago.

Have gone thru "Eldorado" a couple of times over the last few days ..really enjoy it
    (was ELO's SPLHCB/all of a theme album) ....give it a try on SW's recommendation

http://www.amazon.com/Eldorado-Elect...395505&sr=8-18
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

So I did the long "Tour de Gresham" Sunday , had some knee pains while ascending my nemisis hill , downshifted too far and threw the chain...sat on the side of Stark reinstalling it...., and all I got was this crummy Chicago record...then to top it off, got a flat on the way home..

Today was a "ride in the rain" day , got dressed up in my bright blue GorTex and did the 7 mile loop...found this Mr. Lucky ST...funny, its the old 60's album cover -(1959/60) , but the vinyl is a much newer lightweight copy that sounds great ....classic Mancini.

that cat cover belongs in the cats thread ?

The Rolling Stones - Dirty Work
    (1986, Rolling Stones Records) Promo/NFS; MASTERDISK RL in the deadwax, mastered by Robert Ludwig

w/ Tom Waits, Patti Scialfa, Bobby Womack, and Jimmy Page. I've avoided listening to 80s Stones releases too long. Yes the songs are mostly fluff, but at least it's rock and not a dance mix.

This is alot of fun, the room is rocking, and it's not too heavy-handed with the typical overblown 80s production.

ELO

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Have gone thru "Eldorado" a couple of times over the last few days ..really enjoy it
    (was ELO's SPLHCB/all of a theme album) ....give it a try on SW's recommendation
    nice. Yes sir, I need to spin some ELO / Jeff Lynne.

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
    (1969, London)

w/ Ry Cooder, Leon Russell, Al Kooper, Nicky Hopkins, Byron Berline, Bobby Keys. Brian Jones plays on just two tracks.

What a great classic record. Maybe it's a psycho acoustic effect, especially after listening to the slicked up 80s Stones, but this record sounds incredible, the music just jumps out of the speakers. Inner sleeve note: "THIS RECORD SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD"

Steeleye Span - The Best Of Steeleye Span
    (1984, Chrysalis) U.K. pressing

1. Gaudete 2:25
    2. All Around My Hat 4:07
    3. Thomas The Rhymer 3:12
    4. Alison Gross 5:24
    5. Little Sir Hugh 4:43
    6. Cam Ye O'er Frae France 2:48
    7. Long Lankin 8:33
    8. Gone To America 4:20
    9. Let Her Go Down 3:36
    10. Black Jack Davy 4:15
    11. Bach Goes To Limerick

Argent - The Argent Anthology
    (1976, Epic) 1979 blue label pressing

Includes "Time Of The Season" which Rod Argent did in 1968 with The Zombies. Great playing here, nice sounding pressing.

MJ Bing

Thumbs up Coltrane

Name:  John Coltrane.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  25.3 KB

The Gentle Side of John Coltrane

Way smooth

Michael

got in abt 7 miles today...it was half price at SA..$1.50 for all , another X-Moodies album...

The Doors - Other Voices
    (1971, Elektra) Artisan symbol in the deadwax, mastering by Bob MacLeod at Artisan Studios

released three months after Morrison's death; recorded while Morrison was on vacation in Paris. Manzarek and Robby Krieger sing lead.

Songwriting credits on the record label. I'm enjoying the playing here, especially on Robby Krieger's Ship w/ Sails which clocks in at 7:38.

Thread Information