Page 138 of 721 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

went back to Doug's to pick up the B&O 4002 -return spring came off , it just cant seem to stay in tune , even when never moved-. ...and stopped at a thrift and found these....its a second copy for me of "Will O' the Wisp" , but I like "Got to get back to the Island" and this copy seems to have a lot less surface noise than my first copy...

Tumbleweed Connection ?? I was stuck in a darkroom aboard ship for too long (9 months at Yankee Station) ...we had a record player with build in speakers and 2 records...Abraxas & TC ....for many years later I could not listen to those 2 (having heard them repeated 3,812 (est) times) in the Navy....now I appreciated them again, in fact, Abraxas is one of my DiD's.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning
    (1973, Capitol/Sovereign) MASTERED BY CAPITOL / Wally in the deadwax; Wally Traugott, Capitol Studio & Mastering , Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    ...and stopped at a thrift and found these....
    Nice finds. I really like that Dave Mason record (or any early Dave Mason w/ or w/o Traffic).
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Herbie Hancock - Thrust
    (1974, Columbia) Fred Catero, recording engineer

jazz rock fusion from Herbie Hancock. a workout for the new surrounds on my JBL 4425s (2214H drivers).

Name:  jbl003.jpg
Views: 2718
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  jbl011.jpg
Views: 2507
Size:  68.4 KB

Carole King - Speeding Time
    (1983, Atlantic) Promo / NFS

I never get tired of Carole King's songs and singing, even with the synth-y 80s period production here.

Richard Torrance and Eureka - Belle Of The Ball
    (1975, Shelter)

well produced tasty southern flavored rock on Leon Russell's label, bluesy singing, original songs plus one Lindsey Buckingham song - Don't Let Me Down Again.

The Doors - The Soft Parade
    (1969, Elektra)

The Doors fourth album, digging the expanded pop arrangements on this one especially the title song.

Frank Sinatra - Sinatra's Swingin' Session !!!
    (1961, Capitol) 1984 reissue w/ barcode on back cover

Joe Cocker - Stingray
    (1976, A&M) Monarch symbol in the deadwax; mastered by Bernie Grundman at A&M

w/ Cornell Dupree; Albert Lee, Eric Clapton, Eric Gale, Bonnie Bramlett, Peter Tosh, Steve Gadd; recorded in Kingston Jamaica. Needless to say there are some nice guitar solos here.

Joe Cocker - Jamaica Say You Will
    (1975, A&M) ~AZ in the deadwax, mastered by Allen Zentz, Hollywood.

more Joe...

Half price day at Salvation Army today. 5/2.50 ....the audio symphony 2 is an Audio Technicia demo provided by the NHK Tokyo Symphony.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The Notting Hillbillies - Missing ... Presumed Having A Good Time
    (1990, Warner Bros) TML-M in the deadwax; TML-M -> The Mastering Lab , Hollywood (M=Master)

This record definitely has that signature Mark Knopfler steel guitar sound, great stuff.

Kinky Friedman - Sold American
    (1973, Vanguard)

First studio record from "Kinky Friedman and his Texas Jewboys". Texas-Jewish country rock w/ a heavy dose of insanity. w/ Norman Blake, David Briggs. Lots of fun.

Gary Burton & Keith Jarrett - Self Titled
    (1971, Atlantic) French pressing

w/ Steve Swallow, bass. I forgot how much this record cooks, starting out with Grow Your Own.
    This is a wonderful pressing; I'll have to check but I suspect that it crushes the US copy.

Hey SLF...I think that you & I can keep this thread alive for quite a while....I enjoy your posts and you seem to have a lot of vinyl that I've never seen "in the wild" or even catalogs...

Since you bought an entire collection...do you find your listening tastes jiving with the collections seller or are you just doing the weeding right now ?

Keep up the good posts

TOM

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Hey SLF...I think that you & I can keep this thread alive for quite a while....I enjoy your posts and you seem to have a lot of vinyl that I've never seen "in the wild" or even catalogs...

Since you bought an entire collection...do you find your listening tastes jiving with the collections seller or are you just doing the weeding right now ?

Keep up the good posts

TOM
    Good to have your company Tom. otherwise it is kind of empty in here ...is that an echo I hear?

My tastes were formed in the musical sweet spot (IMO) of the late 60s to mid 70s - the usual british invasion and early / classic rock and has been exploding outward since then -- probably like alot of folks.

I can't really say that I'm weeding since I'm still bringing home alot more all the time. I hit a couple of yard sales this morning in Seattle, and came home with 25 records.

I like alot of different music, and I think it's all about exposure, and that's what relatively cheap used LPs provides access to, including all the great stuff that is LONG out of print. And I wouldn't have guessed that I'd ever find interested in Ellington, Basie or Sinatra - but I'm enjoying these artists especially cool to hear original pressings on the cool old labels like Emarcy or Roulette. Good luck with your travels and with the crate digging. you never know when you'll run across something very special. :shock:

Thread Information