Page 135 of 721 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Elton John - Honky Chateau
    (1972, Uni)

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Jethro Tull - This Was
    (1968, Reprise)

grabbed these ..the "hop' one is a triple ...I like them Phase 4's
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Dave Van Ronk - Black Mountain Blues
    (1959, Folkways) 1968 release

includes a version of Ledbelly's In The Pines. I'd heard the Kurt Cobain cover of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    grabbed these ..the "hop' one is a triple ...I like them Phase 4's
    I bet that's a nice sounding symphony ... but I can't think about "Also Sprach" without hearing Eumir Deodato's 1973 version.

Various Artists - Odyssey
    (1973, A&M)

An A&M artists promotional album for Altec speakers; I'm not listening through Altecs, but the JBL 4425 studio monitors are at least in the James B. Lansing family. not surprisingly this is a great sounding LP. includes tracks from Rick Wakeman, Sandy Denny, Strawbs, Quincy Jones, Rita Coolidge, and Cheryl Dilcher

It's A Beautiful Day - A Thousand And One Nights
    (1974, Columbia) 1981 UK reissue

Compilation LP w/ tracks from the 4 Columbia titles by the band including the Marrying Maiden title, which had Jerry Garcia as a guest artist.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    An A&M artists promotional album for Altec speakers;
    I picked that up from the dealer in '72/73 ..later on I acquired a pair of Altec Capri's ...and gave the album away to the buyer of the speakers , since they are featured inside.

My local thrift store color codes their new items...noticed a collection of records that all had the same color....waited 5 weeks for that color to cycle around to "sale color of the week" ...but Monday 9AM I ran in at opening along with all the other opening ninnies, and grabbed 28 classic rock records for $7 ...most were individually priced $3-6 each.

WOW..just noticed that was post #4000 , (abt 3000+ are crap)

The Hoops McCann Band - Plays The Music Of Steely Dan
    (1988, MCA)

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I picked that up from the dealer in '72/73 ..later on I acquired a pair of Altec Capri's ...and gave the album away to the buyer of the speakers , since they are featured inside.

My local thrift store color codes their new items...noticed a collection of records that all had the same color....waited 5 weeks for that color to cycle around to "sale color of the week" ...but Monday 9AM I ran in at opening along with all the other opening ninnies, and grabbed 28 classic rock records for $7 ...most were individually priced $3-6 each.
    interesting story on the Altec dealer LP. Nice haul, watching for the sale color sounds like a good strategy for thrift records when they are priced > $1.

Ten Years After - Alvin Lee & Company
    (1972, Deram/London)

looks like this is a collection of studio outtakes, released by Deram after TYA hit it big over on the Columbia label with A Space In Time.
    Some good blues rock here. Boogie On on side 2 is 14:35 of pure rockin' mayhem.

Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
    (1972, Mercury) G.K. in the deadwax, mastered by Gilbert Kong

it's a guilty pleasure but I like the Heep...fun imagery, long, heavy metal explorations with "a wall of sound built from thick guitar riffs, churchy organ, and operatic vocal harmonies." This is a really nice recording, w/ a really nice soundstage and low frequencies. ...a cool gatefold sleeve, artwork by Roger Dean contains a hidden erotic image of male and female genitalia.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Ten Years After - Alvin Lee & Company
    (1972, Deram/London) Boogie On on side 2 is 14:35 of pure rockin' mayhem.
    we must be getting near the same wavelength...I had Boogie On going 2 days ago (it has to be turned up ) and my 28y.o son comes in and asks "Whats/Who's that ??, I like it !!" ...so he went out scouting for a copy..Guess he'd never heard the Boogie b4.

Snagged 5 LP's yesterday on long bike trip...I was reading the the "5th Dimension - Earthbound" never got moved to CD and is only available on LP...it was their last with the original members, before they split off to McCoo & Davis.....Carl & The Passions is a late Beach Boys effort to try to get the careers going again....Bryan Adams & BHC are not my style but were still sealed/new.

Lest we Forget ...

Malcom Mclaren RIP

More fans here than there possibly .. Never the less .. He's now with the great mohawk , razor-blade and saftey - pins in the sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Drw2_HmK0

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Malcom Mclaren RIP

More fans here than there possibly .. Never the less .. He's now with the great mohawk , razor-blade and saftey - pins in the sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Drw2_HmK0
    Wow - I've got Fans, the vinyl that was on! Also ... Boy's Chorus
    Missed the news - sad to hear he's gone, what a genius - R.I.P. indeed ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Early Heep in particular was very cool stuff--love The Magician's Birthday as well....

This album is by the two main songwriters of the Moody Blues--Justin Hayward and John Lodge. Great sounding recording from 1975 with full orchestra-- it's one of the best Moodies (solo or group) outings IMHO....

My all time favorite Who album--QUADROPHENIA from 1973. This is the Mobile Fidelity remaster of the original mix of the album--sounds better than the vinyl version (which is often times not the case with much of my vinyl collection). Sounds fantastic on my Model 19's.....

Thread Information