Page 125 of 721 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

picked up "Sons of Mercury" yesterday,, it was good.

there was enough of Happy Trails on there to make me pull out the real thing , burn to MD and toke on last night on the HD580's
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Got in 9 miles on the TREK today ....got 2 weird albums....animals ? and one something abt the Sun or Moon or something like that...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Punch
    Tom, by the way, which one's Pink?

Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert
    (1973, Polydor)

A nice live performance w/ friends alongside including Pete Townsend and Steve Winwood - really like Winwood's vocals on In The Presence Of The Lord.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Norman Blake - Lighthouse On The Shore
    (1985, Rounder)

Some nice fiddle, banjo, cello, mandolin, viola, guitar playing here. "President's Garfield's Hornpipe" "Wildwood Flower."

Larry Coryell - The Restful Mind
    (1974, Vanguard)

Several players from the Oregon group (also on Vanguard) on this record including Ralph Towner on another guitar; also tablas, congas and acoustic bass. "Improvisation on Robert de Visee's Sarabande"; "Improvisation on Robert de Visee's Menuet II"

Sam The Sham and The Pharoahs - On Tour
    (1966, MGM)

Ring Dang Doo and (My Gal Is) Red Hot on the same LP, makes it worth the spin even if the rest isn't very interesting. They get that nice mid-60s studio treatment.

Humble Pie - Thunderbox
    (1974, A&M)

Cool cover design by Hipgnosis - original pressing has an opening to the inner cover, apparently that was censored/cleaned for this later pressing. Some basic R&B influenced rock here, turn it up.

Nana Mouskouri - Guantanamera
    (1966, Fontana)

What a voice especially on the title song and a wonderful sounding pressing.

The Grateful Dead - Self Titled
    (1967, Warner Bros.) Mono pressing

Ahhhh, time to wallow in The Golden Road. I found this copy at an estate sale a couple of years ago.
    dead-icating Cold Rain And Snow to folks dealing with too much ice and snow back east.

Roy Buchanan - That's What I'm Here For
    (1973, Polydor) STERLING RL in the deadwax

Telecaster heaven - an incredible cover of Hey Joe "in memory of Jimi Hendrix"

Chicago - Chicago V
    (1972, Columbia)

I'd heard the earlier titles, but it wasn't until V came out and my little brother (who was playing trumpet in the high school band of course) brought home a copy that I really wanted to listen end to end. A really nice accessible showcase of their playing from Terry Kath guitar to the horns, definitely my favorite title. My brother was a real fan - I remember he went to back to back shows when they toured around this time. They played at a large sports arena (seattle center coliseum) but with one of those stage-in-the-round setups, near one end of the arena, so you could get really close to their playing by walking around the middle balcony seats.

The Glitterhouse - Color Blind
    (1968, Dynovoice) Bell Sound in the deadwax

Nice lush production for this psychedelic pop, great stuff. This was recorded in the same NY studio at the same time as The Band was recording Music From The Big Pink.

Yes - Relayer
    (1974, Atlantic) PORKY in the deadwax

Howe, Anderson, Squire + Patrick Moraz. affirmative.

yes yes yes! sillysweet pixie music, thats my kind of progrock! i got some albums, and i enjoy them a lot (from time to time).
    when running (-sports) i always have the "long distance runaround" in my head, cant get it out. oh my.
    here is my favorite reviewer/critic on yes: http://www.markprindle.com/yesa.htm#poop

+++++++++++++++++++

whats playing now:
    MARTYN "great lengths"

creative and lush electronic music. if youre not into contemporary electronic music but want to know more, check it out. for what i know, its pretty fresh and shows a good width of whats going on these days with beats and sounds and "ironic citations".

review found here:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=6035

have a great sunday!
    mikey
    I'm selling a pair of JBL 4435 in Vienna, Austria

Thread Information