Page 120 of 721 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Emmylou Harris - The Ballad of Sally Rose
    (1985, Warner Bros) MASTERFONICS in the deadwax, both sides

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

got out on 2 wheels Saturday and made the long trip to near Mt. Hood CC ....weather was good and picked up the ELO best and Linda R's best....she sounds better on LP vs CD. yesterday was the 9 mile circuit in driving wind & rain (to test my rain gear , which is not up to the task of really wet trips) and found nothing....today a little better , overcast and did the 6 mile loop and found these 4 @ a quarter each ...all fine condition ..this is prolly the 10th copy of the LR hits that I've found , never got one in good enuff condition to buy till now.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Got on a Mark Knopfler kick lately - blame it on the new album "Get Lucky".
    Anyway, I've been tracking down his post Dire Straits solo career - seems I missed a lot of good music there. Anyway, today I received a copy of "Sailing to Philadelphia" I ordered last week ... and darned if the back of the case isn't stamped HDCD. Tho I haven't had a chance to pop it in the HK CD unit or the Oppo yet (both of them decode the HDCD magic), its really quite nice stuff ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Got on a Mark Knopfler kick lately - blame it on the new album "Get Lucky"..
    I checked out "Get Lucky" yesterday and listened this morning..it was pleasant enough, but I felt it lacked the fire/spark/edge of his earlier work, rather "easy listening" very Irish folk song oriented...."Ragpickers Dream" seems to be the pick of the post Dire Straits offerings.

Various Artists - Underground Gold
    (1969, Liberty)

The Incredible String Band - Liquid Acrobat As Regards The Air
    (1972, Elektra) STERLING in the deadwax, both sides

The Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons
    (1967, Decca) MANUFACTURED IN GERMANY in the deadwax; "Mike Jagger" credited on label
    one of my favorites, Something Happened To Me Yesterday has great vocals by Keith

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Changes
    (1964, Columbia)

Ten Years After - StonedHenge
    (1969, Deram) Bell Sound in the deadwax

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    one of my favorites, Something Happened To Me Yesterday has great vocals by Keith
    yes, that one always brings a smile "if you're out on your bike tonight..wear white"

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Ten Years After - StonedHenge
    (1969, Deram) Bell Sound in the deadwax
    How does that compare with A Space In Time ?

What do you do for record cleaning with that large vinyl collection ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    yes, that one always brings a smile "if you're out on your bike tonight..wear white"

How does that compare with A Space In Time ?

What do you do for record cleaning with that large vinyl collection ?
    There's an interesting page on the song on wikipedia with this bit about that spoken word ending:

On the song, Jagger said at the time of its release, "I leave it to the individual imagination as to what happened."[2] The most distinct portion of the song is the ending, where Jagger, using spoken word, gives this send off:
    Well thank you very much and now I think it's time for us all to go. So from all of us to all of you, not forgetting the boys in the band and our producer Reg Thorpe, we'd like to say God bless. So if you're out tonight, don't forget, if you're on your bike, wear white. Evening all.
    This 'send off' prompted many in the newly emerging counter-culture music press to speculate about a possible breakup of The Stones. On the ending, Jagger said, "The ending is something I remember hearing on the BBC as the bombs dropped."
    I think "StonedHedge" came out before their Woodstock appearance, and certainly doesn't show the studio polish of A Space In Time. It has several great Alvin Lee blues guitar showcases, but it's rough and loose with lots of wierd percussion and sound effects thrown in, which make sense when you consider the time and audience.

I use a vacuum RCM - the Nitty Gritty record doctor. It's manual operation but just as effective as the more expensive models like the VPI. A vacuum RCM is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. By far the single best investment in my system.

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street
    (1972, Rolling Stone) Artisan symbol and "PR" in the deadwax; original Unipack cover w/ postcards

thanx for replies SLF

I acquired the digi versions of these 2 yesterday ...the TSMR is a SACD rip and really nice quality....the PG album was coool. they both fit on 1 minidisk (minus the end cut from PG) and so I was able to listen to them in the sack last night thru the Senn HD-580's . Most ipods wont drive the Senns very well , but the Sony portable MD player will..
    I hear so much more detail on the cans than on speakers ...on TSMR and the 2009 Beatles you can now hear band members giving each other cues during a performance. Now hearing instruments that were masked in prior versions.

I wonder which of my kids made off with my vinyl TSMR ??

oh yeah...mebbe the best cut on TSMR is "The Lantern" ...early in the track, I can just barely hear Keiths great guitar...like its being picked up on someone else's mike...then later its like his got plugged in and comes thru loud & clear...anybody else notice that ?

Gomper & 2000 Light Years from Home are VF also

Charlie Haden / Hampton Hawes - As Long As There's Music
    (1979, Artists House) MASTERDISK RL in the deadwax

Hampton Hawes Trio - The Green Leaves Of Summer
    (1964, Contemporary) Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins compositions; an incredibly nice sounding Stereo pressing

Thread Information