Page 107 of 721 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

went out on a CL ad for the record collection of a departed DJ ...kept them all organized and great condition
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

more ...

still more..

last

I used to have quite a few of those, still have all the Beatles LPs.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    I used to have quite a few of those, still have all the Beatles LPs.

Larry
    We listened to the Beatles "Something New" at dinner last nite ...still sounded fresh & clean ....the DJ guy kept the LP's is great shape ...too bad the cat had scratched the cardboard splines

Looking forward to running the 4 test records. The Command Stereo LP has a clear acetate sheet inside to record your results on their graph with a grease pencil.

have lots of cleaning to do, now that the weather is souring , bike time will be limited. Wont put a "NEW" (to me) LP on to play until its been cleaned (with rare exceptions)

I met the seller through her CL ad for a Technics SP-15 with EPA-500 arm mounted in an oak table, with Kenwood receiver, cassette and unknown speakers for $125 ....looked up the table & arm and they seem valuable
    I was too late on the gear haul..

LATER: I had browsed abt 2000 records to select 42 ...1 needs cleaning...3 had condition issues...so 39/42 is a pretty good score ...92%=A

If it weren't so far a drive...wish we could return and rebrowse at a more leisurely pace.

Planet Gong!

Seems Guitar wizzard Steve Hillage has reunited with the crazies from french psychedelic band Gong for further tales of the Pot Headed pixies!

Anyway, the new album just arrived so I'm having a listen - not sure if its fresh air or futile yet ... but I did like Hillage's trance music with System 7
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

A few John's & a Lyle; John Hyatt-"Perfectly Good Guitar", John Klemmer-"Touch", Elton John-"Three Rooms", Lyle Lovett-"Pontiac", sorry no pics, but good sounds. Had to wind down from a demanding week and I am so soaking into this sofa.

that last batch from the departed DJ were in such fine condition that we returned to see if any got past me on the first visit....hauled 40 more

more

even more

last ...(there is one thats a totally black jacket, black insert pages..called "Movie for a blind Man") ...oh well.. at these prices you can gamble .

At dinner last night , I put on "Lydia Pense & Cold Blood" .....wow, what a voice ...she's like a slightly cleaner Janis Joplin type voice ---its too bad that she didnt make the BIG TIME ....sure had the pipes for it

RECOMMENDED

(in this post)
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...postcount=1600

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    At dinner last night , I put on "Lydia Pense & Cold Blood" .....wow, what a voice ...she's like a slightly cleaner Janis Joplin type voice ---its too bad that she didnt make the BIG TIME ....sure had the pipes for it
    So I was looking around to see what else COLD BLOOD had done and one search turned up an alternative - Zephyr with Candy Givens- she is often compared to Janis and Lydia .....great voice and the backup band is more rock oriented than the horns/jazz fusion of CB.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zephyr_%28band%29

Zephyr was a blues-based hard rock band formed in 1968 in Boulder, Colorado by guitarist Tommy Bolin, keyboardist John Faris, David Givens on bass guitar, Robbie Chamberlain on drums and Candy Givens on vocals. Although the Janis Joplin vocal stylings of Candy Givens was originally the focal point for the band, it was the flashy guitar work of Tommy Bolin that the band is best remembered for.[1] After Bolin left to form Energy, he was replaced by Jock Bartley, however the initial impetus of the band was lost and the group soon disbanded.

Thomas Richard 'Tommy' Bolin (August 1, 1951, Sioux City, Iowa - December 4, 1976) was an American-born guitarist best known for his work with Zephyr (from 1969 to 1971), The James Gang (from 1973 through 1974), Deep Purple (from 1975 to 1976), and his solo work

Tommy Bolin began playing in bands around Sioux City as a youth before moving to Boulder, Colorado, in his late teens. He had played in a band called American Standard before joining Ethereal Zephyr, a band named after a train that ran between Denver and Chicago. When record companies became interested, the name was shortened to Zephyr. This band included Bolin on guitar, David Givens on bass, and Givens' wife Candice Givens on vocals. The band had begun to do larger venues, opening for more established acts such as Led Zeppelin.

Thread Information