Page 105 of 721 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Chiaroscuro arrived today - about $7 from Half.com ...
    (the cheaper copy didn't have artwork or labels ...)
    quite nice stuff, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    ... I have a twenty-five-year history with its predecessor, but because it's so well recorded, the instruments so well-played that it's a real treat so rare these days.
    ... or their 1985 Windham Hill release, Chiaroscuro (could it be out of print??). Holy cr*p, $85 for a new one?? I commend the pedestal on which they've placed it, but . . .

Let me suggest this link, instead:
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Chiaroscuro arrived today..quite nice stuff, thanks for the tip!
    I was fortunate to be able to see Mike Marshall and Darol Anger perform most of their Woodshop set recently at a tiny venue here in town just before it shut down for lack of interest. We were approaching the 25th anniversary of that earlier album so I brought my copy along in hopes of getting it autographed. Mike and Darol were shocked to see the early version with the larger photo and were only too pleased to sign it for us.

They are truly among the best at what they do. I'm sure they must play at the Birchmere on occasion. Be sure to catch them, and say "hi" to Vander who runs the monitors there. He won't remember me!

Wow! Looks like The Subdudes are playing there a week from Saturday. Delbert's there in November! Holy Sh*t, Fourplay is there in December. I sense a Lansing Heritage Mid-Atlantic Christmas party coming up.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Did the 22 mile safari while biking weather holds out (did have to duck under trees to avoid sprinkles a couple of times) ...it was worth the trip ...see 6 new LP's...

The Dire Straits was so clean that I played it w/o prepping....WOW ..sounded great ...the store also had Hiway 61 Revisited, Blonde on Blonde , Nashville Skyline and Blood on the Tracks ...but none of them passed condition exam.

Some may remember a while back I acquired a dead Adcom GFA-555 and revived it ...last week I decided not to sell it and placed it into the 2nd livingroom system...the Denon DRA-750 receiver is playing preamp for the Adcom...there is a switch and can run either the Adcom system OR the BGW system to the 250ti's , so can use 2 different turntables...

If anyone is interested, a GFA-555 is a very good match for the 250ti's...detailed highs/mids and very solid bass ...seems a nice bargain amp solution...and its a Nelson Pass design ...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

it was hafl price day at the thrift

the ELP is a triple, the Sting a double and just had to get the Julie London

A lowly little CDA that lovers of low frequencies and pipe organs will want to check out.

Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition; Stravinsky: Three Dances from Petrouchka.

The liner notes carry a warning: This organ has 32ft open pipes producing 16Hz fundamental tones. No LF filtering or roll-off was used anywhere in the recording or mastering. "Please use great caution in setting your volume".

Recorded and mastered in the digital domain, this is a stunning recording in all respects.

Paul Kantner / Jefferson Starship - Blows Against The Empire
    (1970, RCA)

Couldnt sleep last night ..ankle hurt

so got up to audition the new vinyl from this last week ..

have only had "461 Ocean Blvd" on MP3 and liked it a lot..so it was first up..

WOW, I was blown away by the detail and nuances that wernt there in the MP3...

Clapton is a somewhat weak singer and on solos ..barely makes the cut.., but
    with the female backings the whole tunes get much better ..part of the joy of LPs is the album jacket -with info- ...the female backer was Yvonne Elliman..
    I dont know much abt her, but her strong clear voice really salvaged some of Erics tracks.

Are there any certain tunes of hers to look for ?

The Band at Watkins Glen - 28 July, 1973

Amazing recording -great set.

I was one of the multitudes there. Whoa...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Count Basie - Basie Jam
    (1975, Pablo)

JBL 4430 studio monitors

Sorry no pic: All the Roads Runnin' (Mark Knoffler-Emily Lou Harris), Perfectly Good Guitar (John Hyatt), So (Peter Gabriel) Pontiac (Lyle Lovett).

Booker T. & The MG's - The Best Of Booker T. & The MG's
    (1968, Atlantic)

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Ray Charles - Crying Time
    (1966, ABC-Paramount) ABC 544

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Ray Charles - Crying Time
    (1966, ABC-Paramount) ABC 544
    what tt do you have there ?? if you size your pictures to 600wide, then they wont have to be horiz scrolled. & you can put up to 3 pics in a single post.

Leo Kottke - Self Titled
    (1976, Chrysalis)

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    what tt do you have there ?? if you size your pictures to 600wide, then they wont have to be horiz scrolled. & you can put up to 3 pics in a single post.
    It's a Thorens TD 145 MKII. Sorry, I didn't realize the image size was causing scrolling, I'm not seeing that even on my Thinkpad. Ok, I changed the Photobucket default image size to 800x600, hopefully that'll do it.

Sweet Georgia Brown

Starting off the evening with Brother Bones, Bones on the Beat. On Tempo records #7004, 1958

Anyone here know how to play them Bones?

Thread Information