Page 103 of 721 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Actually, several user-reviews on Amazon touch on the meat of the issue. Here's one take:
    I recently received Steely Dan - Everything Must Go and Two Against Nature on DVD audio. I've had Gaucho for a few years and the three of them are great DTS studio mixes that enhance the original recordings.

What's playing now on the stereo is FourPlay (Lee Ritenour version) with an album of the same name.

Bob Walker

Eagles GH was in VG condition,,,,NY's "journey thru the past" double has a lot a nice tracks and leon R's "Will o' the Wisp" has "back to the Island" - a tune I was looking for..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Obsolete
    I just received this DVD as per Greg's recommendation but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

Amazon.com: Elton John: Elton 60 - Live At Madison Square Garden ...

Oops, I forgot to mention the Elton John 60 concert. It was done in Madison Square Garden several years ago when Elton turned 60. I have it on BluRay and it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. It came from Amazon for about 20 bucks.

Greg

been watching the concert DVD of Page & Plant's 1994's "No Quarter"

Plant - I can take or leave , does an OK job , but not a fav

Page- most assuredly 1 of the top 5 Rock guitarist ever ..wow that guy can strum his ax

The Middle East support musicians do add flavor.

Some tunes slightly different than the CD ...good , but not outstanding audio - stereo only , I think.

Been listening to them for a while but I got a recommend off the Van Morrison Yahoo list
    to tape Craig Ferguson Friday night - forget Rickles - the end of the show was a live set
    with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - they did "100 Days, 100 Nights" -
    very fine vintage 60s R&B with horns, classic sound and very tight!
    Its like the James Brown Review from a newer band ... awesome stuff ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WmaK9o5h1s
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I just received this DVD as per Greg's recommendation but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

Amazon.com: Elton John: Elton 60 - Live At Madison Square Garden ...

Oops, I forgot to mention the Elton John 60 concert. It was done in Madison Square Garden several years ago when Elton turned 60. I have it on BluRay and it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. It came from Amazon for about 20 bucks.

Greg
    Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only The Piano Player is a favorite Elton John album. My sister owned it back when it was current, I got a really nice example in a box at a garage sale a couple of years ago.

"Beyond The Realms of Death" off of Judas Priest's Stained Class is the tune currently playing*. Quite a lot of similarities and differences between Sir Elton and Rob Halford, but damned if I don't respect and enjoy them both.

*Got a Crown PS-200 and a pair of 4612s in the circuit it's playing on, just for you. Gotta have a Crown and Cabaret pair in the mix, dontcha know.

so I did a long (20mile ?) FVS today..it was worth it.

For a CCR fan like me, finding 3 that I dont have is fantastic ..they obviously came from the same collection..all looked unplayed. The "Chooglin" album is like the Holy Grail for CCR aficionados ...it was a limited pressing on virgin vinyl by the masterwork process. I had bought one new, but I think my dotter in Whuppertal snagged it on a trip home.

The "Purple Passages" is like an early DP greatest hits double.

for an Eagles appreciator..the Glen Frey was an easy gamble.

I picked up "inna-godda-da-vida" and said "Why bother ? I have 4 copies" , but decided to slide it out and check condition...To my surprise ..it was still sealed...and no UPC, so I think it may be an original...had to get it then.

The eagle eyed Forumite may wonder.... a Lawrence Welk album ?? well, it is empty..but I thot it a great place to put my copy of "Sailor" (SMB) that currently doesnt have a jacket.

Sadly threw back the double of "Love, Peace & Happiness" (Chambers Bros.) that didnt pass condition exam.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    s The "Chooglin" album is like the Holy Grail for CCR aficionados ...it was a limited pressing on virgin vinyl by the masterwork process. I had bought one new, but I think my dotter in Whuppertal snagged it on a trip home.
    WOW..., even truer than I thot....Amazon doesnt even list it.....the used LP that I cud find on the web that is abt same condition as mine:

Creedence Clearwater Revival Chooglin - Fantasy LP $129.78
    Condition: VG+/VG+

Got a new cartridge (AT 150MLX) this week and been listening to a variety of music -- right now am listening to Vassar Clements self titled album.

Wink

Grabbed up 2 licorice pizzas yesterday & 4 today ..

2 Windham Hill Samplers .. not really my genre, but well recorded
    Nancy Wilson double ..always liked her voice
    soundtrack from Romeo & Juliet
    Child is Father to the Man - BS&T
    Songs of the Humpback Whale - this shud drive the OL over the edge...

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Grabbed up 2 licorice pizzas yesterday & 4 today ..

Child is Father to the Man - BS&T
    Songs of the Humpback Whale - this shud drive the OL over the edge...
    Like the older BS&T stuff - but Humpback whale! Wow - found that a while back online.
    But when I was in college, I had a friend that had a killer variant of that on vinyl -
    "Humpback whales" on one side, "Cries of the Wolf pack" on the other -
    I can still remember one track when the cubs would chime in - very cute - and eerie!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I just picked up a DVD of Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live at MSG. Simple 5 piece band with session guys like Chris Stainton on keyboards, Ian Thomas on drums and Willie Weeks on bass. Winwood plays mostly keyboards occasionally on guitar. One real gem is Voodoo Chile, they tear that one up! All in all a great DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by oznob View Post
    I just picked up a DVD of Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live at MSG. Simple 5 piece band with session guys like Chris Stainton on keyboards, Ian Thomas on drums and Willie Weeks on bass. Winwood plays mostly keyboards occasionally on guitar. One real gem is Voodoo Chile, they tear that one up! All in all a great DVD!
    Watched that one again last week. Good stuff!

Currently listening to Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, and Mark O'Connor's Appalachian Journey and enjoying it on the 4345s even more than I did on the 030s.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I saw, on PBS, the Cream reunion about 2 years ago. Is this disc available? I thought it was outstanding.

The Cream reunion is on DVD and it is excellent. It has a bright red cover and is called "Cream, Royal Albert Hall, London May 2-3-5-6 2005."

When I was attending school in Berkeley in the mid to late 1960s, Suzy Q was on the radio and CCR was still playing high school dances around the area.

Clark, I tuned for Regina Spektor when she performed at the TED conference in Long Beach earlier this year. She seemed very nice and her music had a lot more going rhythmically and dynamically than some other girl-at-piano acts I have heard. Not thinking of Norah Jones here, she's my fave.

Thread Information