Page 529 of 721 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Steve Hackett, Bay Of Kings, 1983, Lamborghini Records, Germany, 6.25944

This i my Lamborghini. It stands in my vinyl rack between the Hackett LP's. Now it is on my turntable. A Lamborghini on the turntable.....Kind regards to all "High End" fans! In my garage waits my Toyota, but i like it......
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Guy Clark, Old Friends, 1989, Line Germany, SDLP 4.00721 J

Do you like Heavy Metal? So listen to track A5.
    The problem with white vinyl is the same with famous beautiful people. It's not possible to see the scratches. The surface looks perfect.......Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell, Rosanne Cash. Do you know, how
    happy you are in America with such music? This one goes straight to your heart........
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

The Gods, Featuring Ken Hensley, 1976, Import US, IMP 1012

This was the beginning of Uriah Heep. Ken Hensley was the mastermind. Lee Kerslake drums. John Glascock (later in Jethro Tull) bass. Lead guitar Joe Konas. Anybody knows the guitarist? The Gods of the beginnings of melodious hard rock ???

Jim Hall, ....Where Would I Be, 1971, Milestone US, Remastered 1991, OJC-649

For years, musicians have recognized the combination of lucidity and passion that makes Jim Hall unique among guitarists. (Cit.: Liner notes on back cover by Jack Richardson). Yessss!!! Listen to track A4 "Baubles, Bangles and Beads" and compare it with the version of Eumir Deodato on his first LP. Result?

Lindisfarne, Roll On. Ruby, 1973, Charisma UK, CAS 1076

Listen to track A2 "North Country Boy". Do you remember the later hit by Dire Straits? Extra orchestral arrangements by Max Middleton. Produced by Roy Thomas Baker. Cit: "Sorry about that mess". What mess? English pressing. A good one.

Dave Lambert "Framed" 1978, PD-1 6193 White Label Promo "Radio" Copy
    Debut solo album by the lead guitarist for The Strawbs -- Dave Lambert. Great pressing, vinyl is in mint condition. Nice album--many of the songs are just as good as Dave's compositions that he wrote for the Strawbs and much of the album is similar in style to his Strawbs era material. This LP has never been released on CD, but I found this song (under the two pics) on Youtube (a good one, but not my favorite song from the LP).
    Name:  DSCN4075a.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  125.3 KBName:  DSCN4068a.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  67.6 KB

Dave Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by voice of theatr View Post
    Dave Lambert "Framed" 1978, PD-1 6193 White Label Promo "Radio" Copy
    Debut solo album by the lead guitarist for The Strawbs -- Dave Lambert. Great pressing, vinyl is in mint condition. Nice album--many of the songs are just as good as Dave's compositions that he wrote for the Strawbs and much of the album is similar in style to his Strawbs era material. This LP has never been released on CD, but I found this song (under the two pics) on Youtube (a good one, but not my favorite song from the LP).
    Name:  DSCN4075a.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  125.3 KBName:  DSCN4068a.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  67.6 KB

Good tip. Underrated guitar player. See my next post concerning Lambert's guitar work with Strawbs.

Strawbs, Deep Cuts, 1976, Polydor Oyster Germany, 2391 234

Concerning Dave Lambert as an underrated guitarist: Listen to track B2 "Charmer" with his erratic style of guitar playing. Interesting guitarist. Produced by Rupert Holmes. Listen also to the beautiful track B3 "Thinking of you". The more you listen to this one, it's irresistible...
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 04-09-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: writing error

King Earl Boogie Band, Trouble At Mill, 1972, Dawn UK, DNLS 3040

In search of more guitar work by Dave Lambert. He composed four songs on this LP. Ex-Mungo Jerry Band. Produced with much fun by Dave Cousins (Strawbs) at the Manor and Pye studios. Warm, folky bluegrass blues feel. Listen to track A5 "Plastic Jesus".

Strawbs, Hero And Heroine, 1974, AM UK, AMLH 63607

More traces of guitar work by Dave Lambert. Produced November 1973 at Rosenberg Studios, Copenhagen by Dave Cousins. The band had a new line-up after dramatic personal changes. Only Cousins and Lambert were remaining. Mighty mellotron passages. Overall mellow mood and wonderful, harmonized folk-vocals. This one is one of the finest releases of the Strawbs. Listen to track A4 "Shine on silver sun". Sunday morning music while working in the kitchen.

Strawbs, Deadlines, 1978, Arista Holland, 5N 058N-60518

Weird cover art by Hipgnosis. This LP is underrated IMHO. Dave Lambert's guitar work is superb. Looking at the iconic front fold-cover picture it must be clear to anybody: this album had no chance in 1978. It was drowned by PUNK..........

Eurythmics, Be Yourself Tonight, 1985, RCA Germany, PL 70711

Last night in german TV: "Later with Jools". What a great saturday evening music show with Jools Hollands! I don't like the voice of Jools Hollands. Terrible. But last night, there was a voice like heaven and hell.......: Annie Lennox!
    I must confess, that i didn't like the Eurythmics in the 80ies. Too much synthesizer junk. I never ever had put my various Eurythmics LP's of my collection on my turntable. But today i will try. The result?
    I must confess, i wasn't right then with my opinion. Concerning the voice of Annie Lennox: she is simply one of the best white female singers and performers!

Gene Ammons, Red Top/The Savoy Sessions, 1976, Savoy Germany,1C 056-60 782

4 tracks (previously unissued) were recorded in Detroit, October 4, 1947. The rest was recorded in Chicago, November 18, 1952, April 15, 1953 and June 1953. What a fat deep baritone saxophone sound by Leo Parker. Interesting test for your speakers!

Most impressive intro

While listening to a very famous album (i'll tell you about it in one of my my next posts), i wanted to ask you: which is the most impressive or magical intro of an LP? Hey you know.......

Deep Purple - Fireball
    (1971, Warner Bros)

This Pocket Disc (remember those?) was in the sleeve, forgot that I had it.

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Thread Information