Page 345 of 721 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

John Fahey - Requia
    (1967, Vanguard)

a VG++ find at HPB this week for $4.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

WOW !! my son actually hears me when I talk

2 albums for Xmas that I've looked for quite a while , Beatles '65 and quad Abraxas ...in fantastic condition .... makes that 30 years of support worth it.

also picked up a real favorite yesterday in Mint condition, much better than the other B&S Tarkio that I'd purchased on eBay ..but this one was a dollar ..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thumbs up WOW (2x) ...just fuggin WOW

OKAY ..out of everything ever recorded , I have listened to SANTANA Abraxas more than anything ...really , I know every note/sound backwards & forwards ... no lie.

My son called today and I thanked him for the vinyl .. sure that the Quad Abraxas was difficult to source. he had trouble deciding on the MasterDisk or Quad .... damn , he made the right decision. WOW again.

Couple of years ago I bought the MFSL gold CD , it was like a slightly better standard CD.

Not on this quad vinyl ...instruments that I'd never heard before , yips from the band during "Gypsy Queen" ...I almost thought it was a different mix, but concluded that its the same mix before being dumbed down for 2 channel ... WOW ..(a couple of tracks MAY be alt cuts, I'm guessing - as there are so many new sounds)

30 seconds into it and I ran over, grabbed a blank mini-disk , tossed it in the recorder and restarted the vinyl ....going to have to burn to CD too ... WOW ..I had no idea of what was missing ...it is so much richer ....even the opening piano on "Singing Winds" has a timbre that was unknown to me. WOW...the V-15T3 really does it justice. Now to try it on the Denon DP-60L with Mr.W's old V-15VXLM and the 250Ti's. (and 375wpc)

We were talking abt the quad records and he has a copy of "Can't Buy a Thrill" on quad, with a wonky jacket for me ....hope the improvement is that great on Steely Dan. ...WOW

(a little later)
    found this pert thread

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...-stereo.89014/

Love - Forever Changes
    (1967, Elektra) 2012 issue

Joseph Byrd - A Christmas Yet To Come
    (1975, Takoma)

Fairport Convention - Fairport Chronicles
    (1972, A&M) WLP Promo; Monarch symbol in the deadwax

listening to sides 1/2, a wonderful compilation.

Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking
    (1969, A&M) RL SS in the deadwax, side 2; mastered by Robert Ludwig at Sterling Sound

all in NM condition ..no upc's

so I was sitting on a sofa in GW ..rather bored ..manager came out and pulled all albums and tossed them ...I knew something was up ... new stock coming ?

so they came out with a new cart full of LP's. ....manager got called away, so being a good Samaritan , I put them out for the store ...of course I pulled the interesting ones.

concert for Bangledesh has full book and all 3 disks

DSOM has 2 posters and stickers
    Willy & Poor Boys is shiney - German

have never seen that Dylan before
    Stones - Some Girls , never seen that cover

more

ahh, the answer for the "Some girls" cover

The album cover for Some Girls was designed by Peter Corriston, who would design the next three album covers as well, with illustrations by Hubert Kretzschmar. An elaborate die-cut design, with colours varying on different sleeves, it featured The Rolling Stones in garish drag alongside select female celebrities and lingerie ads. The cover immediately ran into trouble when Lucille Ball, Farrah Fawcett, Liza Minnelli (representing her mother Judy Garland), Raquel Welch, and the estate of Marilyn Monroe threatened legal action.
    The album was quickly reissued with a revised cover that removed all the celebrities whether they had complained or not, and were replaced with black and punk style garish colours with the phrase PARDON OUR APPEARANCE - COVER UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION (found on most reissues since). Jagger later apologised to Minnelli when he encountered her during a party at the famous discothèque Studio 54.

Murray McLauchlan - self titled
    (1972, Epic) STERLING RL in the deadwax; mastered by Robert Ludwig at Sterling Sound

wonderful dynamics with the RL mastering.

The Kenny Burrell Quartet - The Tender Gender
    (1966, Cadet)

I picked this up in a garage sale last summer. I'm not sure why this is a first listen because it cooks as you'd expect from Kenny Burrell.

Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds
    (1972, Harvest)

Gong - Expresso
    (1976, Virgin)

Thread Information