Page 141 of 721 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Buffalo Springfield - Last Time Around
    (1968, Atco) AT LW in the deadwax; 1st pressing Purple & Brown label

This pressing sounds incredible, great soundstage, vocals guitar strings jump out of the speakers.
    Produced by Jim Messina who also serves as a recording engineer, and contributes a song. w/ the usual great songwriting here from Stephen Stills, Neil Young and Richie Furay.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Had a break in the cold-crappy weather yesterday and today so got out on safari ...did OK.

I like Linda and have picked up many copies of this, but never good enuff quality to buy till now...also love the sound of the quad vinyls,,so 1812 was a good find..

have 3 or 4 copies of Days of Future Passed, but this one was in such superior condition that resistance to purchase was futile...same case with the Fab Four
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

got to wondering abt that Beatles album

lots of variations....but this section of the matrix seems closest to what I have... ...geeze, now I'm afraid to play it...

Gentle Giant - Free Hand
    (1975, Capitol) MASTERED BY CAPITOL in the deadwax

very tasty and complex British progressive rock..."On Reflection" on side 1 is stunning.

The Cannonball Adderley Quintet - 74 Miles Away
    (1967, Capitol)

recorded live in Hollywood in 1967, w/ Joe Zawinul on piano.

Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life
    (1976, ECM) W. German pressing

w/ Jaco Pastorius, bass; Bob Moses, drums. Metheny was 21 when he recorded this record.

Last Friday night I saw Metheny in Seattle for his Orchestrion tour, great concert!
    He played Unquity Road from this record, accompanied by his Orchestrion contraption.

The Beatles - Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! A Hard Day's Night
    (1964, EMI Odeon) Germany; 1969 pressing

Really glad that I purchased this new in the mid 1970s (for ~$6).

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    The Beatles - Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! A Hard Day's Night
    (1964, EMI Odeon) Germany; 1969 pressing
    Really glad that I purchased this new in the mid 1970s (for ~$6).
    Did you buy it in the US ?? Normally would be on Capitol ...

I'm not really a country fan, but DO really enjoy John Fogerty , I have his Blue Ridge Rangers (which is John playing all instruments) , so was happy to find "The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again" ....this time Fogerty has pro accompaniment* and is a really enjoyable album (Aug 2009) ...a huge bonus is a remake of the great "Change in the Weather" .."Moody River" is fine too

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ridge-Ran...3345481&sr=8-2

Paradise (John Prine)
    Never Ending Song of Love (Delaney Bramlett)
    Garden Party (Rick Nelson)
    I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me) (Buck Owens)
    Back Home Again (John Denver)
    I'll Be There (If You Ever Want Me) (Ray Price, Rusty Gabbard)
    Change In The Weather (John Fogerty)
    Moody River (Gary Bruce)
    Heaven's Just A Sin Away (J. Gillespie)
    Fallin', Fallin', Fallin' (D. Deckleman, J. Guillot, J.D. Miller)
    Haunted House (Robert Geddins)
    When Will I Be Loved (Phil Everly)

Unlike the first Blue Ridge Rangers album where Fogerty anonymously transformed himself into his own backing band by playing all of the instruments, an all-star cast of supporting musicians were on hand for the new BRR project. These include Buddy Miller, Kenny Aronoff, Greg Leisz, Jay Bellerose, Jason Mowery, Herb Pedersen, Jodie Kennedy, Oren Waters, Chris Chaney, Dennis Crouch, and Hunter Perrin. "I'd long thought I'd do another Blue Ridge Rangers album," Fogerty commented, "and not make the mistake of playing all the instruments. These are fantastic players who really understand what the Blue Ridge Rangers vibe is about." Also joining in were Bruce Springsteen and Eagles' Don Henley and Timothy B. Schmit who worked, respectively, with Fogerty on the Everly Brothers' "When Will I Be Loved" and Rick Nelson's "Garden Party."

http://www.antimusic.com/news/09/jun..._Friends.shtml

Bad Company - self titled
    (1974, Swan Song) "Cut at The Mastering Lab, Los Angeles"

I saw these guys when they toured in support of this record back in 1974.

Beatles - Hard Day's Night - EMI/Odeon German import

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Did you buy it in the US ?? Normally would be on Capitol ...

Yes, purchased as an import title at a N. Seattle record store (Everybody's Records, iirc) for the princely sum of $6.

Remember when new in shrink US titles were sold for $4 in the early 70s?

Over the course of a few months probably in '74 or '75 I bought ~10-12 $6 import Beatles titles (UK Parlophones, German Odeon, and JPN Capitol iirc), all were dupes of US copies I already had, on advice from my brother and one of his record store friends. I'm thanking my brother to this day for that advice.

Now if I could just convince him to unbox his collection from his basement....they still have a couple of school age kids so it will be a few more years before he has time and space to get back into serious music listening (or maybe he'll stick with the disposable digital music on the run lifestyle, and let me at the dusty old records...?? )

The Jim Kweskin Jug Band - Garden Of Joy
    (1967, Reprise) Mono pressing

estate sale pickup this morning, in wonderful shape, great Maria Muldaur vocals and 1967 atmosphere.

back cover text: The Euphoria of THE JIM KWESKIN JUG BAND doing their own things in the GARDEN OF JOY."

Jefferson Airplane - Bless It's Pointed Little Head
    (1969, RCA Victor)

Allmusic notes that on the performance of "Fat Angel" - Marty Balin plays bass, Casady is the rhythm guitarist while Kaukonen and Kantner share the lead guitar duties.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Remember when new in shrink US titles were sold for $4 in the early 70s?
    In the 70's I didnt like shopping (esp @ Kmart) BUT, they had the bargain record racks ( 3/$1 ??) so I'd enjoy taking the OL there and pawing through their bins..ahh, the good old days....

Perfect weather today....picked up these 3...I of course have these Moodies already, but these were better condition than my existing ones....and had read good reviews abt this "Trio" album and it was cheap, so ......

Have been playing those 14 that I picked up last weekend...I have Abbey Road on the 2009 remaster CD set and am pretty familiar with it,,,,but sorry...I just like the vinyl copy better...sounds wonderful on the big a/d/s's

Genesis - From Genesis to Revelation
    (1969, Decca) 1981 Spanish Decca reissue

a thrift store pickup from a couple of years ago - part of a large batch of Genesis and related solo LPs in a collection that someone apparently decided to purge.

Jimmy Smith - Back At The Chicken Shack
    (1963, Blue Note) VAN GELDER in the deadwax; original pressing with NY address on label

w/ Stanley Turrentine, Kenny Burrell, Donald Bailey; the back jacket cover has the original $3.49 price tag from the Seattle area Bon Marche department store, now part of the Macys national chain.

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - United
    (1967, Motown)

Thread Information