Page 151 of 721 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Duane Eddy - Twangin' The Golden Hits
    (1965, RCA Victor) Mono pressing

another Duane Eddy LP with "twang" in the title. a thrift grab last weekend. The mid 60s RCA Victor mono sounds nice. Could do without the swingin' sax that appears on several songs.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

The Beatles - Meet The Beatles
    (1964, Capitol) Mono, 2nd pressing w/ "(BMI)" after I Want To Hold Your Hand on the label, "(ASCAP)" after all the other songs.

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
    (1969, Apple) 1971 Pressing w/ "manufactured by Apple Records" on the label

listening to side 2 with the George Martin film compositions, Pepperland...

The Beatles - The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl
    (1977, Capitol) MASTERED BY CAPITOL Wally in the deadwax; mastered by Wally Traugott ( Capitol Studio & Mastering , Hollywood )

Live recording of the Fab Four in L.A. in August 1965.

40 miles on the TREK this last week...seem to be buying LP's I already have when they are in better condition...

Henley is one of my DID's
    the Johnny Cash album got my interest with a song title that I'd never heard of:

"Flushed from the Bathroom of Your Heart" ....cant wait to hear that one..

hear here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl4J1fjuKdg
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The Tony Rice Unit - Acoustics
    (1979, Kaleidoscope) Artisan symbol in the deadwax, mastered at Artisan Sound Recorders by Bill Wolf & Bob MacLeod

Tony Rice played with the David Grisman quintet. guitar, mandolin, violin and bass. w/ David Grisman playing mandolin on tracks here.

David Grisman - David Grisman's Dawg Jazz/Dawg Grass
    (1983, Warner Bros) Artisan symbol + "GF" in the deadwax, mastered at Artisan Sound Recorders by Greg Fulginiti

w/ Martin Taylor, Stephane Grapelli, Earl Scruggs, Tony Rice.

Stan Getz - Another World
    (1977, Columbia) Mastered by Dave Richards, Mountain Recording Studios, Switzerland

Warm distinctive Getz sax alongside fusion keyboards, Stanley Clarke-style electric bass and drums. tasty.

did the 13.25 mile trip to SA Gresham yesterday....all I got was the Firm (Robert Plant) and Hank......did another 7 today and the thrifts had NOTHING....hit an estate sale on the way home and these pristine LP's were 3/$1 (the seller said abt 150 LP's sold yesterday, so I guess these were the scraps)

Various Artists - Odyssey
    (1973, A&M)

An A&M artists promotional album for Altec speakers... Listening with a pair of Altec Valencias that I picked up this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    did the 13.25 mile trip to SA Gresham yesterday....all I got was the Firm (Robert Plant) and Hank......did another 7 today and the thrifts had NOTHING....hit an estate sale on the way home and these pristine LP's were 3/$1 (the seller said abt 150 LP's sold yesterday, so I guess these were the scraps)
    Nice scraps!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Various Artists - Odyssey
    (1973, A&M)

An A&M artists promotional album for Altec speakers... Listening with a pair of Altec Valencias that I picked up this weekend!

Nice scraps!
    good score on the Vals...there is a long thread here , somewhere, about adding tweeters to those to help HF...thread went on for a couple hundred posts.

I had the Capri's shown inside your Odyssey album....not too bad either...

The Peggy Lee LP played like brand new. and the Ray Charles too...

Various Artists - More Heavy Sounds
    (1970, Columbia)

Johnny Winter - The Progressive Blues Experiment
    (1969, Liberty)

"recorded at the Vulcan Gas Company, Austin, Texas"

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Dave Brubeck At Storyville: 1954
    (1954, Columbia)

Wow....I picked this CD up at la biblioteca ....as a long time Doors fan it was a revelation, super clean ...dont know who did the remaster, but it is nice.....if you listen closely, there is studio chatter that I'd never noticed , lead ins that were chopped for general release , even has the Apocalypse Now version of "The End" ....really dynamic , Densmores drums kick more realistically than I've ever heard, has incredible sustains (obviously shortened for the commercial release) a great buy at under $10 at Amazon ...a full 79 minutes ....I wud have sworn that it was SACD upon first hearing .....

http://www.amazon.com/Future-Starts-...pr_product_top

http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/th...mestic-release

LATER:

Rhino's celebration of the Doors' extraordinary and mind-bending catalog continues with THE FUTURE STARTS HERE: THE ESSENTIAL DOORS HITS, the definitive single-disc anthology of their classic hits and landmark tracks. The twenty songs featured boast sonically brilliant 40th Anniversary remixes by Bruce Botnick, the band's longtime engineer/producer - in many cases they include parts recorded during the original sessions that were left out of the initial Doors releases. The project, now the only single-disc Doors "best of" available, was produced under the supervision of surviving members John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek.
    THE FUTURE STARTS HERE: THE ESSENTIAL DOORS HITS culls key tracks from all six of the now-classic studio albums the Doors recorded before Jim Morrison's death in 1971, beginning with their historic 1967 self-titled debut. That LP, whose four-decade mark in 2007 ignited Rhino's landmark Doors 40th Anniversary catalog restoration and expansion, is #42 on Rolling Stone's salute to the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time." Two other seminal Doors albums, L.A. Woman and Strange Days, also make the list, ranking #362 and #407, respectively.
    Among this new compilation's highlights are the band's #1 hits "Light My Fire" and "Hello I Love You," plus the #3 single "Touch Me." Also featured are signature songs including "Break On Through (To The Other Side)," "Riders On The Storm," "L.A. Woman," "Roadhouse Blues," "Love Me Two Times," "People Are Strange," "Love Street" and the edit version of "The End" from the legendary film Apocalypse Now. So, beautiful friends and Doors fans old and new, revelatory new mixes of these and other essential tracks mark the beginning of a new era of appreciation for some of the greatest rock 'n' roll ever recorded.

http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/th...mestic-release

Thread Information