Page 243 of 721 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Jacques Brel - Ne Me Quitte Pas
    (197?, Philips)

This is a compilation of songs that Brel wrote and recorded for Philips in the late 50s and 1961. He recorded the songs later under the same title for Barclay in 1972; I think these are the originals owned by Philips and re-released in this compilation, maybe released after he died in 1978? I'm getting acclimated to the French language, as the family and I are heading over to that side of the pond in a couple of days to attend a wedding and for some vacation time.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Davie Allan and the Arrows - Fuzz Fest
    [1996,Total Energy]

Name:  davie allan a.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  236.9 KBName:  davie allan d.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  214.3 KB

Davie rides again in 90's. Come back of heavy Fuzz. Watch Out!...

we had a real, actual summer day ..today

got out on the Fuji and drew blanks everywhere I stopped..then a half mile from home and pulled into a garage sale ..records buried back in the garage .....went thru them and they were outstanding condition ...got him down to a dollar each, even the Heavy Cream double ..will hit it again next week with more money this time...

the Stones FLOWERS is still in shrink wrap
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues Singers, Vol. II
    (1970, Columbia) MONO

This release compiles sixteen recordings, ten of which were previously available as 78s on the Vocalion label, originally recorded during five sessions in 1936 and 1937. includes Love In Vain, I'm A Steady Rollin' Man, and lots of other material that was covered with 60s rock n' roll bands. "Phonograph Blues" is pretty awesome, I think I might experience these during an upcoming vacation. this record is number 424 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. a 50cent moving sale find from a couple of months ago.

Johnny Winter - Before The Storm
    (1972, Janus)

One of the many 60's artists who were influenced by Robert Johnson's playing and songwriting. A 2 LP compilation of Johnny Winter Band material. a $1.50 yard sale pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    got out on the Fuji and drew blanks everywhere I stopped..then a half mile from home and pulled into a garage sale ..records buried back in the garage .....went thru them and they were outstanding condition ...got him down to a dollar each, even the Heavy Cream double ..will hit it again next week with more money this time...

the Stones FLOWERS is still in shrink wrap
    Congratulations on the random garage sale finds! sometimes you HAVE to ask, and then you have to dig in the back of the garage or closet, but it's worth the effort. I hope you can clean out any tasty remainders on the return trip!

Rory Gallagher - Tattoo
    (1973, Polydor) STERLING RL in the deadwax; mastered by Robert Ludwig at Sterling Sound

4th studio album from Rory, great loose electric blues rock. a 99 cent pickup yesterday.

Taste - self titled
    (1969, Atco)

Rory Gallagher's band, formed in Cork, Ireland in August 1966.

Maddy Prior - Woman In The Wings
    (1978, Chrysalis) UK pressing

first solo LP from the voice of Steeleye Span and showcasing her songwriting talent. Lots of the tasty Steeleye Span folkrock approach to traditional ballads. produced by Ian Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues Singers, Vol. II
    (1970, Columbia) MONO

This release compiles sixteen recordings, ten of which were previously available as 78s on the Vocalion label, originally recorded during five sessions in 1936 and 1937. includes Love In Vain, I'm A Steady Rollin' Man, and lots of other material that was covered with 60s rock n' roll bands. "Phonograph Blues" is pretty awesome, I think I might experience these during an upcoming vacation. this record is number 424 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. a 50cent moving sale find from a couple of months ago.
    My favorite Johnson recording is "Come On In My Kitchen." I know you are not that into CDs, but the CD collection of these recordings has all the unused alternate takes. This is one body of work where they are worth hearing. All the releases are made from the same tape. The original metal parts disks are lost. :(

It is instructive of Rolling Stone's agenda that this is not in the top ten picks. Even figuring in that many feel the Vol 2 collection is the weaker one, 424 is unconscionably low. I also remember that their writers panned all the early Led Zeppelin LPs. One thing I remember them getting right was putting Muddy Waters on the cover when he passed away.
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

dug thru a couple of hundred LP's today

at GW As-Is and it was all Barry Cantelope and Andy Williams and Barbara ... was all jazzed up when I spotted a Pickwick original ST for Clock Work Orange , but the jacket was waayyy better than the vinyl ,,,I had given up and headed for the door when I noticed this pristine vinyl

is that Nevil Shute or Gregory Peck ??...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The Ventures - "Surfing"
    [1963, Dolton]

Name:  ventures surfing a.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  216.1 KBName:  ventures surfing b.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  210.9 KB

It's a Surfing time. Surf's Up!

The Remains - st
    [1978, Spoonfed]
    Reissue of 1966. Lp + bonus trax

Name:  remains a.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  212.3 KBName:  remains b.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  218.9 KB

Red vinyl pleasure. Garage classic.

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure
    [1973, EG]

Name:  roxy music 1.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  229.7 KBName:  roxy music 2.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  156.3 KB

Bryan Ferry, Eno and co. will show you a real good time. Maybe their best from pre pop days. Amanda Lear on cover. Euro decadence. Suave.

Who Is Sukey Rose?

For all you vinylists stuck in the 20th Century, let me submit this little, downloadable gem from the 21st Century. Mia Kim is very talented, IMO, and deserves a fair listen by any music fan. She put this second album together through a fan-funded initiative.
    Out.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    I hate you guys that get all these great LP deals.

Thread Information