Page 17 of 721 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

Unhappy

(snip) in my burner shortly thereafter.
    This is common practice these days, even among many upstanding members here. I hate to see it so gladly reported, though. A few of us old goats still think it's wrong, or perhaps I'm the only stick-in-the-mud.
    Out.

Burning Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    This is common practice these days, even among many upstanding members here. I hate to see it so gladly reported, though. A few of us old goats still think it's wrong, or perhaps I'm the only stick-in-the-mud.
    Dome,
    Have'nt you ever taped anything off the TV onto VHS? Sports, Movie off of HBO? Or anything of that sort? Besides it's been paid for. I'm sure Netflix bought at least a few thousand copies. Plus, I'm paying for my subscription. And it's not like I'm selling or handing them out to everyone I know. Personal use only.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut
    Since we're in a Floyd mood, I should mention the (very) long awaited release of Pulse on DVD has finally come to pass.

jblnut
    My wife and I were lucky enough to see this concert live. We managed to get 12th row center seats. The show was fantastic to say the least.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by bigstereo
    Dome,
    Have'nt you ever taped anything off the TV onto VHS? Sports, Movie off of HBO? Or anything of that sort? Besides it's been paid for. I'm sure Netflix bought at least a few thousand copies. Plus, I'm paying for my subscription. And it's not like I'm selling or handing them out to everyone I know. Personal use only.

RJ
    I know. The Supreme Court was pretty clear on personal use of publicly broadcast material, and on making copies of material we purchase ourselves. We're on safe ground there.

Things aren't so clear when it comes to copying things that were purchased by others. Paying a rental fee is just that, paying a rental fee. It's not purchasing a product outright for personal use.

Well, let's not get bogged down in the discussion. Sorry I took things off thread.
    Out.

Talking I took my mom

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    My wife and I were lucky enough to see this concert live. We managed to get 12th row center seats. The show was fantastic to say the least.

Ken
    when she was "only" 78... (She's been a Floyd fan from DSM on.)

Didn't get 12th row though, still it was great! My sister was visiting last week, turns out she's a Floyd-nut too! Said Comfortably Numb is the best song she's ever heard!
    Naturally I popped the LD into the player and gave her a taste of it live. So when are Floyd gonna tour again? Now I need to take Mom AND Sis!

Hope it's soon, Mom is 86 now, but still up for Floyd! Sis said she's taking Mom back to Hawaii, cause she did not get a chance to take the helicopter tour last time...
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

Question Speaking of Floyd?

Have any of you heard the DSOTM DVD-A made from the Quad Alan Parsons tapes? There's an extensive discussion over at AVS that's been running for some time, but apparently it's some kind of semi-legal/gray area/bootleg/unreleased product.

If you've heard it, maybe a PM to me is in order.

Note: I am not inquiring about nor am I confusing this with the common SACD version.
    Last edited by Titanium Dome; 09-04-2006 at 01:58 PM. Reason: To encourage comment and contact outside the thread
    Out.

Thumbs up "Lean On Me" and more

No, I'm not playing Bill Withers right now.

I'm listening to a totally different song, Lean On Me (Solarstone's Afterhours Remix) – Sounds From The Ground. This 8+ minute track is what got me thinking about the DSOTM and prompted my query above.

NO it does not sound like Pink Floyd, though it does sound like something Parsons could have mixed in an Electronic genre mood.

To really test your patience, I'm streaming it wirelessly via AirTunes using iTunes from my PowerBook as I'm surfing, and I'm processing it via Dolby ProLogic IIx-M into 7.1 surround. And it's tougher than... and totally immersive.

Now I'm on to Intensify (Blind Faith Remix) – Way Out West. Mesmerizing.

Jim Fosgate is a certifiable genius and this music is so great working through his PLIIx-M algorithms and these perfectly balanced, identical JBL Performance Series speakers.

You guys that don't dig electronica, dance, and trance: come into the 21st Century! You'll love it here.

http://www.soundsfromtheground.com
    Out.

Mandolin Archaeology

All The Rage, Mandolin Ensemble Music from 1897-1924. By the Nashville Mandolin Ensemble.

My grandmother, born in 1892, used to play in a similar outfit as a young woman. My sister was kind enough to send me this modern recording. It is very hi-fi and the 4345's are pleased. Extreme dynamics and bass extension at no extra charge.

Clark in Peoria
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

sounds cool

can u flac and torrent that?
    always loved the sound of the mandolin

can i start a cool flac torrents thread?
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

mention lansing heritage for 10% off

Chris Thile is an insanely good mandolin player, the best I've ever seen, and he is still a young guy. His dad preceded me as the piano technician at a boarding school for the performing arts in CA until he moved his family to Nashville a decade ago to further his son's career. I saw Chris on a special on PBS recently and now I know why... he's phenomenal! Take a listen to a couple of the music samples here:

http://www.sugarhillrecords.com/cata...maker.cgi?3931

Speaking of insanely good....

Have you checked out the back-up musicians on Bob Dylan's Modern Times?

Just got the entire set of Patricia Barber SACDs -- More coming!

Really Excellent Music!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusnzha
    Just got the entire set of Patricia Barber SACDs -- More coming!
    Entire set? Is there a boxed set offered by someone?

It looks like CD Universe has 5 SACDs available from her. Are these the five you have?

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Cafe Blue" is evaluating HF response right now.

There's more crash and sizzle on that album than any other here....

Funny... I don't hear any sizzle on my system.
    But I do agree... it is a fine album.

Widget

Thread Information