Page 54 of 721 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

i'll buy that,heather.........last night at work in the f150 i got a chance to revisit tom waits,blue valentine...........di track.......... postcard from a hooker in minneapolis..........

So you think you need this thread? For what? To tell .. like I have done s several times, what you are listening to?

Get a grip ... all of you music lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    So you think you need this thread? For what? To tell .. like I have done s several times, what you are listening to?

Get a grip ... all of you music lovers.
    Come swaggering in here like that ...
    - and you call US cowboys!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Come swaggering in here like that ...
    - and you call US cowboys!
    Yes ... some of you are cowboys. Some other not. But do we really need a thread like this, telling each other what we listen to when we are drunk? ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    Keep the line ... I'm not drunk.

But - if it doesn't matter to the owners of the website that folks talk about music in here, why should you care?

I don't usually comment in this thread - I look at it, I read it, sometimes an album gets mentioned that makes me smile with a memory of a song, or a summer or a special time ... and sometimes I'll say something if a memory is particularly sweet

but again - why do you care?

If you don't get anything from the thread - stay out - at least its on topic on a website about music and musical equipment ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Yes ... some of you are cowboys. Some other not. But do we really need a thread like this, telling each other what we listen to when we are drunk? ???????
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

The Save the Thread Movement Gathers Steam, along with some other stuff

I'd like to mention that this thread is the one thread I check every day. I've been turned on to some very good music I might not ever have even heard of otherwise. If all we did was like equipment, we'd be ignoring the very reason for that equipment.
    And by the way, I've been listening to Abraxas a lot (again) lately, too. Is Carlos the best ever at expressing emotion through a guitar or what?

OK. I understand that I have been wrong. A lot here seems to enjoy this thread, not like me.

I salute you, and will leave you. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by whizzer View Post
    And by the way, I've been listening to Abraxas a lot (again) lately, too. Is Carlos the best ever at expressing emotion through a guitar or what?
    Completely agree ....see

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=15806
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

we had a guitarist thread going pretty darn good for a while there and it 's probably worth a visit from time to time.the beauty of our era is that there are tons of great players out there.the downside is not having time to hear em all

JBL 4645
    I’ve been playing and listening to John Williams and James Horner.

John Williams Star Wras Episdoe IV A New Hope sections of the various tracks that I played in Dolby Pro-Logic II Music Mode, where score goes really crazy with string instruments panning and fading in and out of the fronts and surrounds as well, now the trickery of the Dolby Pro-Logic II mode when analyzed carefully with film soundtracks does show a few faults of crosstalk between what should playing up front. Still it’s good a feature as it stands for non Dolby dts 5.1 music tracks.

Switching to James Horner Titanic in dts 6 channel 20 bit does sound very surprising with lots of low end support and individual placement of instruments over the three-screen fronts. Split-surrounds fade in at different moments and are completely isolated from crosstalk add terrific harmony on track 14 “My Heart Will Go On” (Celine Dion).

I almost to forget to mention the LEF.1 support, this gives an extra muscular oomph down to 25Hz on the JBL 4645 Control 5 adds transparency while surrounds made up of 6 JBL control 1 in standard surround mode, immerse down the side and rear walls. Now taht's surround.

Regrettably it’s the only dts CD that I have apart from a (dts set-up disc) and a (music demonstration CD) from 1999.

And by the way, I've been listening to Abraxas a lot (again) lately, too.
    On Abraxas , there are 3 tunes run together and usually referred to collectively as "Black Magic Woman"
    - they are actually - 1.) singing winds, crying beasts 2.) BMW 3.) Gypsy Queen

In the final 30 seconds of Gypsy Queen there are 3 incredible full chord WHAMS in a row leading into that stupendous feedback scream right before "Oye, Como Va". This sequence is the most powerful in all of Rock, IMHO. At concert volume, it gives me goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    On Abraxas , there are 3 tunes run together and usually referred to collectively as "Black Magic Woman"
    - they are actually - 1.) singing winds, crying beasts 2.) BMW 3.) Gypsy Queen

In the final 30 seconds of Gypsy Queen there are 3 incredible full chord WHAMS in a row leading into that stupendous feedback scream right before "Oye, Como Va". This sequence is the most powerful in all of Rock, IMHO. At concert volume, it gives me goosebumps.
    when my l 300 setup was in its heyday jingo at warp 9 was the goose bump track.after abraxas santana 3

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    when my l 300 setup was in its heyday jingo at warp 9 was the goose bump track.after abraxas santana 3
    Jim

You must be sykick ( jump on that one, S.) , I was listening to Santana 3 on the pod last night. It was their last great album.

tell your daw-ter you want your record bak

Thread Information