Page 501 of 721 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Ten Wheel Drive with Genya Ravan, Brief Replies, 1970, Polydor US, 24 1021

Fools! Why did they always punch holes or cuts into those beautiful vinyl record covers? And i was always surprised by the ugly clothing of Genya Ravan. (Look at the picture of inner fold cover art). No go! Very good US pressing with a hole in the cover. No go! But the music is great. B1: remember Janis Joplin......
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Got 7 LP's today. 3 Grace Jones, Pink Floyd "Animals" , The WHO sell out, Kraftwerk "musique non stop", and this Rolling Stones ... had never seen this cover before ..it's a gatefold with 6 picture pages, the rear is the front cover pic on the US version.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Rolling Stones, Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass), 1966, abkco EU, 2003, 882 322-1

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Got 7 LP's today. 3 Grace Jones, Pink Floyd "Animals" , The WHO sell out, Kraftwerk "musique non stop", and this Rolling Stones ... had never seen this cover before ..it's a gatefold with 6 picture pages, the rear is the front cover pic on the US version.

2003 digitally remastered 180gr vinyl EU reissue. Superb dynamics. Listen to the accoustic guitar on track A3 "As tears go by". Booklet with many pictures of the young Stones. American track listing. Brian Jones (not satisfied by his playing results?) with a Rickenbacker 12 string on inner Booklet. Jack Nitzsche percussion and keyboard. Phil Spector percussion (??!!??) Yesss: the front cover for the American release was used for the rear foto on the UK edition.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Alice Cooper, Along Came A Spider, 2008, SPV D, 90601

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Freddie Hubbard, Curtis Fuller, Yusef Lateef - Gettin' It Together
    (1961, TCB) 60s or 70s reissue; G.K. in the deadwax, mastered by Gilbert Kong

a really nice sounding set or sets of early 60s hard bop

back after a week away from the turntable while I was getting some desert sun and some hiking near Palm Springs and Joshua Tree National Park. We had a great time scrambling and exploring canyons and caves with a guide on the first day, then more of the same on our own.
    No rattlesnakes but we had some excitement when we noticed a large tarantula on the trail.

Along came a spider. Was it Boris or Alice? This one is a german pressing with perfect dynamics. Transparent 180gr vinyl. Luxurious cover art as Alice always did in the seventies. Slash plays lead guitar on track A2 "Vengeance is mine". Oh i like Alice Cooper. Welcome to my nightmare: i hate spiders.....

A Sad Retrospective to one of my all time favorites - Eva Cassidy

England's Newest Hit Makers

so I'm at the trough grabbing at vinyl and had NO JOY. sorted back through
    and found a stack with no covers, just glassines.

this label kinda jumped out and condition looked great , it's only about 50 cents
    so I took it just for "play value"

DAMN that may be the best I've ever heard early Stones sound. Easily beats
    the CD of same title.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The Beatles - Please Please Me
    (1963, Parlophone) UK, mid 70's issue

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc. I probably heard the hits here first in the mid 60s on AM hit radio via a made in Japan transistor radio.

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

The Howard Roberts Quartet - H.R. Is A Dirty Guitar Player
    (1963, Capitol)

\

smokin' jazz guitar from H.R.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Rosie Flores, Same, 1987, Reprise CAN, 92 56261

Happy new year to all afficionados who love vinyl records! Happy new year and happy music: this one is with Pete Anderson (great guitar playing and production). Famous with Dwight Yoakam. Listen to his wonderfully precise and variable guitar fills. We also have Billy Bremner on guitar. You know him from Rockpile, Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe et al..

George Strait, Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind, 1984, MCA US, 5518

Musicians with cowboy hats: they sell these country records in my favorite record shop BRO Records for 2 SFr. these days. Nobody wants to buy these bad sellers in St. Gallen, Switzerland. Nobody but me. Track B4: "What did you expect me to do"......... But hey, look at that list of famous Nashville studio cracks: Hank DeVito steel guitar, Reggie Young guitar!!! We don't have Cowboys and Honky Tonks in Europe. We don't have Juke Boxes anymore....

Hank Williams Jr., Born To Boogie, 1987, WB Curb CAN, 92 55931

Country rock guitar playing on the highest level. This one is very interesting because of these famous Nashville studio cracks: listen to the guitar playing of Reggie Young, Billy Walker, Wayne Turner and Richard Bennett. A2 "Honky Tonk Women" in a softer version without any stones on the road.

Jessi Colter, Ridin' Shotgun, 1981, Capitol US, ST-12185

How many recording studios are there in Nashville? This one was recorded at Scruggs Sound Studio. Look at the list of famous musicians.

Krokodil, Swamp, 1970, Krokodil Records Switzerland, Reissue 2016, LP 01-2016

Unfortunately this one is not the original issue, which is very sought after. Swiss reissue 2016. Good pressing with perfect dynamics. Memories of my youth, when i didn't have the money to buy it. So i recorded it from my transistor radio to my tape deck, when it was broadcasted by german radio station SWF3. Buying the original record would have been a valuable investment!!!

Jessi Colter, I'm Jessi Colter, 1975, Capitol US, R-104621

All songs composed by Jessi Colter. Guitar Reggie Young. Track B1 "I'm not Lisa" was a big hit in 1975. A song full of beauty because of it's simplicity. That's why i bought this one for 2 SFr.. And, naturally, because of the guitar playing.

Waylon Jennings & Jessi Colter, Leather And Lace, 1981, RCA US, AAl1-3931

Poor US pressing with insufficient dynamics. Deadwax inscription on A/B: "Randy's Roost". I bought this one because of track A4 "Wild side of life". I like the version of Rod Stewart on "A night on the town".

Thread Information