Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    OK, for the less astute, it shows in this trailer at 1:30 and 2:00 (though I've no idea why they did it at 1:30 when there wasn't the need):
    http://www.avatarmovie.com/index.html

And on this trailer at 1:02 as well as lots of other places:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZUeF...embedded#at=63

As I noted, it is "digital."
    I take you are talking about the "gaps" in the animation, almost like they have left out multiple frames in the editing process.....?

Allan.

Toddalin your a spoil sport. Every movie has whoops in it. My favorite is the guy in Sparticus wearing a wrist watch. Or the T2 windsheild on the truck. You can't start picking this type of movie apart. You have to go in on autopilot. Just enjoy the ride.

Rob

What's on now "I want to hold Your Hand" Remastered

Sounds OK to me.
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    I take you are talking about the "gaps" in the animation, almost like they have left out multiple frames in the editing process.....?

Allan.

Nope, but I think that Rob may have picked up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    You can't start picking this type of movie apart. You have to go in on autopilot. Just enjoy the ride

66% of members here live to pick things apart

JBL 4645
    Toddalin your a spoil sport. Every movie has whoops in it. My favorite is the guy in Sparticus wearing a wrist watch. Or the T2 windsheild on the truck. You can't start picking this type of movie apart. You have to go in on autopilot. Just enjoy the ride.

Rob

What's on now "I want to hold Your Hand" Remastered

Sounds OK to me.
    I got Spartacus on DVD I haven’t noticed the wristwatch yet? Do you know what part in the film?

I thought this was rather funny.

I got Spartacus on DVD I haven’t noticed the wristwatch yet? Do you know what part in the film?
    It's in one of the Extras shot's comming over a hill I think in one of the battles.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

JBL 4645
    It's in one of the Extras shot's comming over a hill I think in one of the battles.

Rob
    Okay in one of the battles I’ll keep an eye out for that.

I’d have to look foreground middle and background.

I guess they could use digital means to remove the (wristwatch) today where’s back then they could paint it with animation frame by frame.

I’m kinder curious as to what year this was first noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Okay in one of the battles I’ll keep an eye out for that.

I’d have to look foreground middle and background.

I guess they could use digital means to remove the (wristwatch) today where’s back then they could paint it with animation frame by frame.

I’m kinder curious as to what year this was first noticed?

They've mentioned this on the Universal Studio Tours every time I've been on it from way back when I was a kid.

The "discontinuity" in Avatar is nothing like what happened in Ben Hur, (and who knows with T2). This reoccurs throughout the movie and was obviously a conscious decision made at the upper levels before any shooting began knowing that some would catch it, but most wouldn't.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    They've mentioned this on the Universal Studio Tours every time I've been on it from way back when I was a kid.

The "discontinuity" in Avatar is nothing like what happened in Ben Hur, (and who knows with T2). This reoccurs throughout the movie and was obviously a conscious decision made at the upper levels before any shooting began knowing that some would catch it, but most wouldn't.
    I can view this over and over on the pc on the Panasonic and on the video projector and I still might not notice it. There is just so much happening in the battle scene moments.

The moment that stands out is “I’m Spartacus” as he turns around and realizing his men are willing to sacrifice themselves for him. Now that is one cool moment. “I’m Spartacus”! – “I’m Spartacus”! -“I am Spartacus”!

I guess the battle is no different than today expect they used real fire on those logs! Damn! Hope the stunt men wasn’t injured that looks risky! Today they’d use CGI fire in some parts to see if they can fool the audience.

The fire in some parts of Backdraft was bit phoney as it was in T2 and I am Legend and many more.

Fire is very tricky element as we’re aware of what it looks like in its natural form. Was fire used in Avatar?

Just like water it’s a tricky thing and they have designed special software and I have no doubt part of its now obsolete and replaced with updated software. Then again filming models in water is also tricky the scale model verses water needs to filmed at different speed or a very large model but still I’ve noticed it on “The Spy Who Loved Me” and “The Abyss” not so much with “Titanic” or “Poseidon”. Then again “The Poseidon Adventure” it sticks out on the opening with waves crashing against the ocean liner.

Attached Images Attached Images    

JBL 4645
    Brought the Avatar James Horner CD sounds good on the JBL in Dolby stereo
    Price was £9.99 from HMV (Castle Point shopping centre). I think the prices have dropped by as much as £6.00 new movie soundtrack releases where often around £15 which average cost of DVD or a few odd Bluray but the odd common CD is only 2 channels.

I love the first track...but I have a...sample copy...so not sure if the bass is clipped. How does it sound on CD? How are the rest of the tracks?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by kenratboy View Post
    I love the first track...but I have a...sample copy...so not sure if the bass is clipped. How does it sound on CD? How are the rest of the tracks?
    No notable audible distortion at any level if you get what I mean.

I noticed the depth is deep on track. I kinder like giving outer space deepness the track give. I really don’t know how the music is used to the images I can take a few guesses??

I’d have to find some time to send the sub bass extension to spectrumlab to see how far down the scale the lows play.

The sample copy might have been recorded too high, while some portions of the mix give that clipping (clicking snap crackle and pop) sound that I have noticed on few films Apollo 13 (1995) dts laserdisc for short 1 second same as on the DVD and no doubt it would be on the so called perfect bluray format so don’t be fooled for moment!

Same thing with Armageddon (1998) Dolby digital, has few now and the seconds of (clicking snap crackle and pop) and it really takes the piss!

JBL 4645
    The sound design of Avatar
    http://designingsound.noisepages.com/2009/12/the-sound-design-of-avatar/

Avatar there are several pages so look below for next page
    http://mixonline.com/post/features/avatar-0110/

am i the only one seeing this?

I'm selling a pair of JBL 4435 in Vienna, Austria

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    am i the only one seeing this?

Who's that on the left, pastorius?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information