Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Avatar

JBL 4645
    Well Rich, seems mighty disgruntled about Avatar. I think its only real appeal was the young kiddies. But wasn’t we young kiddies once? Maybe not as disgruntled as we our today with life's general issues in society.

I was disappointed with the credits running time that seemed so short when compared to “Alien VS Predator” that run for almost 15 minutes. “Avatar” was in around 6 minutes. I can’t be asked to run the DVD to check its rough guess.

One thing is clear "Avatar" isn't "Star Wars" and I saw "Star Wars" in or around less than 10 times at the cinema between (1977 and 1980) as it was re-released as double bill alongside "The Empire Strikes Back" (after it did so well, later in the year).

Yeah, but the hype worked, dinnit.
    You bought that disc at release time, in bluray nonetheless ... HAD to have it right away, didn't you.

For us, I think we dropped $9 or so for 2 tickets and once I saw it I knew I wasn't wasn't to buy it on disc -
    it wasn't gonna join Lawrence and Excaliber and the classics I have in my disc collection.
    It just wasn't anything I'd watch over and over again ...

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Well Rich, seems mighty disgruntled about Avatar. I think its only real appeal was the young kiddies. But wasn’t we young kiddies once? Maybe not as disgruntled as we our today with life's general issues in society.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Yeah, but the hype worked, dinnit.
    You bought that disc at release time, in bluray nonetheless ... HAD to have it right away, didn't you.

For us, I think we dropped $9 or so for 2 tickets and once I saw it I knew I wasn't wasn't to buy it on disc -
    it wasn't gonna join Lawrence and Excaliber and the classics I have in my disc collection.
    It just wasn't anything I'd watch over and over again ...
    What you don’t think I have “Lawrence of Arabia” on SE DVD. Saw it in wondrous 70mm Dolby SR at the Odeon Marble Arch, London early (1989) wow…

“Avatar” I was just curious and slightly disappointed so Avatar 2 (I’m shaking my head and saying "no" out loud).

Sooty doesn’t rate Avatar with 5 paws no more. Your leader, the Sooty has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    I care little for your opinion about what movie is better, the "bums on seats" quotient will win every time.
    Why even bother. You simply dismiss my posts instead of directly responding to them.

At this point, it's like having a discussion with a rock. Only this time, a rock could provide better facts to back his/her claims.

I'm done. Avatar had positive aspects. That's all I'm trying to get across. If you can't see that, whatever.

JBL 4645

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Why even bother. You simply dismiss my posts instead of directly responding to them.

At this point, it's like having a discussion with a rock. Only this time, a rock could provide better facts to back his/her claims.

I'm done. Avatar had positive aspects. That's all I'm trying to get across. If you can't see that, whatever.

Talking to a rock LOL
    Kinder like talking to “the wall” LOL “Shirley Valentine”

Jon, I think you pissed him off

I think, Al is going to come after you with ligtsaber!

Hey calm down guys in the mutual words of Alfred Hitchcock “its only a movie”

Quite unbelievable. You can google star wars and gett all the info you wish. I dont need to give you links to the info for the simple fact that is common knowledge. The only positve aspect of Avatar was................there wasnt one. It contained nothing that makes a movie great and as such it will never attain greatness.

p.s. I would rather be a rock than live under one.

Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    The only positve aspect of Avatar was................there wasnt one. It contained nothing that makes a movie great and as such it will never attain greatness.

LOL
    . Alright, buddy.

JBL 4645
    I saw this on the In-70mm site and I’m sure it’s a piss take out of Avatar in 70mm.

Full link remember real 70mm!
    http://www.in70mm.com/news/2010/remember/index.htm

JBL 4645
    This version of Avatar is even better than the film itself.

Thread Information