Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

yes, jaco pastorius.

i noticed that on the first picture or trailer ive seen of avatar, and find it quite funny. another rip off to add to the list

cheers,
    mikey
    I'm selling a pair of JBL 4435 in Vienna, Austria

It was the 1st 3D movie I have ever been to. Enjoyed it very much. The Story Line acting was ok.....but the 3D was great!

In my limited music world, I

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    yes, jaco pastorius.

i noticed that on the first picture or trailer ive seen of avatar, and find it quite funny. another rip off to add to the list

cheers,
    mikey
    didn't know who Jaco Pastorius was. Thanks for the mention of him. I now know a new and immensely talented musician. Sad, that he's no longer with us.

]It was the 1st 3D movie I have ever been to.

[quote=Audiobeer;280739]It was the 1st 3D movie I have ever been to. Enjoyed it very much. The Story Line acting was ok.....but the 3D was great![/quote]

You know what, Audiobeer;280739 ... I expect 95% of LH Forum members "etait juste un reflet dans le oeil de quelque" (simply a glint in somebody's eye) during the early 1950's "Cinerama" Three-D, 70mm, 180 degree wide angle,"seamless screen," with complete vertical overhead, perspective aspect. Cinerama did not required any "3-D googles". Cinerama had three channel, pure analogue stereo sound. Back stage speakers were two-way RCA & Altec Horn systems, now comletely extinct. Analog movie sound then was awesome like: "you are there."

There was no animation stuff in the Cinerama movies, only real life people in real life situations you can relate to. I remember one scene in one film titled: "How The West Was Won," there was a train robbery where the good guys found themselves isolated on a run away flat rail car zipping down hill 90 miles an hour out of control, & the rail car finally lost hold of the rails & went careeng over the rail embankment...man the periferal vision perspective dynamics of weaving up and down & side-ways were so real you had to grab your seat hanging on for life, finaly, shaking your head when the car came to a stop in the dirt..

THX, Dolby Digital movie sound of today is an other "over-processed, contaminated world". However, in its own realm, It is remarkably good presented in the Skywalker Luas movie theater in La, Cal.

cheers, herki the cat

JBL 4645

Smile AVATAR wins 3 Oscars

Best Cinematography
    'Avatar'
    Mauro Fiore

Best Visual effects
    'Avatar'
    Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones

Best Art Direction
    'Avatar'
    Art Direction: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Kim Sinclair

Unobtanium Speaker Cables /Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jcrobso View Post
    Over the years there are a few movies that took me to another place. Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Star Wars, and now Avatar. Yes, I felt that I had been transported to another world; the reason for this whole thing is they are after unobtanium I laughed....

Imagine what it would sound like with unobtanium speaker cables. jcrobso
    herki's two cents:
    My friend jcrobso, I invite you to laugh again! Avatar sound was recorded with unobtanium speaker cables from "MIT Interface Technologies Inc."

The SkyWalker Lucas post production sound venue is 100% equipped with MIT cables which cost $20,000 each. The SkyWalker Lucas theater at SkyWalker Ranch in Calafornia is also equipped with a Qty' of (40) power amplifiers back stage feeding a Qty' of (40) JBL Speaker Drivers via 40 foot long MIT cables of the same unobtanium type.

Not to worry__ the Skywalker Lucas instalation is a "cost no object,"professional business venture. In the following "MIT at the Movies" presentation : "Link," you can view the awsome engineering history of Avatar's making.....Highly recommended.

Sky Walker has more than 10 Acadamy Award Winning Films with "MIT-Interface" If you enjoyed the Magnificient Skywalker Sound, you must see how they did it in:
    MITat theMOVIES @http://www.mitcables.co.nz/pdf/mit_movies.pdf

What was it called again?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    What was it called again?
    Its called "Avatar" and by the way you need an "Avatar"!

Was it a movie? I think I missed it as it was only on the radar fro about two weeks.
    And.....I probably dont.

Allan.

Unobtanium it's everywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by herki the cat View Post
    herki's two cents:
    My friend jcrobso, I invite you to laugh again! Avatar sound was recorded with unobtanium speaker cables from "MIT Interface Technologies Inc."

The SkyWalker Lucas post production sound venue is 100% equipped with MIT cables which cost $20,000 each. The SkyWalker Lucas theater at SkyWalker Ranch in Calafornia is also equipped with a Qty' of (40) power amplifiers back stage feeding a Qty' of (40) JBL Speaker Drivers via 40 foot long MIT cables of the same unobtanium type.

Not to worry__ the Skywalker Lucas instalation is a "cost no object,"professional business venture. In the following "MIT at the Movies" presentation : "Link," you can view the awsome engineering history of Avatar's making.....Highly recommended.

Sky Walker has more than 10 Acadamy Award Winning Films with "MIT-Interface" If you enjoyed the Magnificient Skywalker Sound, you must see how they did it in:
    MITat theMOVIES @http://www.mitcables.co.nz/pdf/mit_movies.pdf
    But way beyond the means of ordinary people.

Was it a movie? I think I missed it as it was only on the radar fro about two weeks.
    And.....I probably dont.

Allan.
    Avatar played around here for a good 5 months - you must be a small market
    (kidding, my friend, just kidding!)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Well I have no clue on what cinema chains are down under and this, what I found so far.
    http://www.google.co.uk/movies?hl=en...ed=0CBMQxQMoAA

I think AL needs to start a thread of his favourite JBL cinema down under, if it has JBL installation?

Hi Heather, I was really just pointing out the fact that movies these days get hyped to the max and blown completely out of proportion. In 12 months no one will even remeber Avatar or indeed any other movie that has come out in the last 12 months. The movie studio's need to get back to making movies that actually mean something. Remember that little movie from the 70's called Star Wars? Now that is a movie that made an impact. Avatar, along with most of Peter Jacksons movies acyually sucked and blew at the same time. Todays movie makers all bar a couple, have totally lost their direction.

Allan.

Regarding our theatres down here Ash, Star Wars was shown on the old Cinerama screen way back in the day. That theatre had a huge screen and a great sound system. Unfortunately it was removed many years ago. Most theatres today are just a square box with a screen and some seats. No real theatre experience to be had anymore.

Allan.

Hi Heather, I was really just pointing out the fact that movies these days get hyped to the max and blown completely out of proportion. In 12 months no one will even remeber Avatar or indeed any other movie that has come out in the last 12 months. The movie studio's need to get back to making movies that actually mean something. Remember that little movie from the 70's called Star Wars? Now that is a movie that made an impact. Avatar, along with most of Peter Jacksons movies acyually sucked and blew at the same time. Todays movie makers all bar a couple, have totally lost their direction.

Allan.
    Agreed - Emma and I saw Avatar in a second-stream theatre just before the DVDs came out for. I think we paid $4.50 a ticket. I agree, its SUCH a hype stream - I used to work in theatres in high school and loved the big films on 70 MM screens - but most of those palaces are gone - and I'm not pay $15 a pop to see a movie in a mall theatre with funky audio. There are so few films I want to really "experience" - you're right, mostly its the hype machine run amoke!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information