Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: AV Component Front-ends

no need for rack ears for me

The adcom stuff is stacked in 1 room

The 760 currently in not used in the "adcom" set up so the cd player wont necessarly be used with it, maybe when I change things around as usual
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The seller is happy to take them back but I figure by the time I go to the post-office, pay return shipping, and get ticked-off when he doesn't send me any refund, I'll be out $20. I'd rather give them away. They're a nicely made extrusion that would keep everything in complementary widths. If I don't hack/machine them while looking for real RM-3s, I'll let you know—or let me know if you find you have the need. Swap you for the PS-200?
    Not sure of the PS-200s condition or future use yet, but I'm sure there's a "beer & bagels" (or "cables & connectors") solution somewhere in between...let me know if you end up looking for a home for them.

je

Heck, seems like most Adcom components could use rack-ears for aesthetic value alone.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Heck, seems like most Adcom components could use rack-ears for aesthetic value alone.
    Hey now .... dont be knocking Adcom . I've had really good luck with their gear and the sound/reliability is better than most in the price class (HK,NAD,etc) ....their looks are not flashy / BMWesque , but rather stark/functional. And on the used market its very reasonably priced.

who could ask for much more ??
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Hey now .... dont be knocking Adcom . I've had really good luck with their gear and the sound/reliability is better than most in the price class (HK,NAD,etc) ....their looks are not flashy / BMWesque , but rather stark/functional. And on the used market its very reasonably priced.

who could ask for much more ??
    hey - I've got a number of their amps and power switches -
    I'm liking them!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Adcom style

Remember Adcom components in white? That was pretty cool - too bad the plastic didn't age so well...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Hey now .... dont be knocking Adcom .
    I'm not dissin' the stuff! They just always look to me like someone hack-sawed-off the rack mounts. I don't know why Adcom feels their rack mount ears are worth so much. I figure they should have come with the components.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Well, one of my early GFA-555 amps came with built-on (non-detachable) rack-mount ears ...
    Its the amp with the NON-ribbed faceplate at the bottom of the teak rack in the left picture.
    The GFA-545 above it, the ACE-515 at the top of that rack, and the other GFA-555 have those pricey add-ons ears ...
    The other 2 Adcoms I have, (a GFA-2535, and another ACE-515) have no rack-mount ears at all ... !

Name:  Adcom2_4514.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  55.1 KBName:  Adcom1_4512.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  51.4 KB
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Oh WOW ....was reading this thread re: Adcom ....and just remembered that 2 months ago I made a trade for a pristine GSP-560 ....its a Pro-Logic amp that will do 2 channel just fine (according to Adcom)

Almost one of those "bag of beans for good thang" thing. ( 2 TT belts , empty headshell and 2 eight inch foams)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Well, one of my early GFA-555 amps came with built-on (non-detachable) rack-mount ears ...
    Looks "right" to me!

Finally got around to installing the ACE-515 today!

After letting it sit around while I looked for rack-mount ears long enough, I bit the bullet and pulled the jumble of power cords out of my cabinet and installed the ACE-515 alongside the cab, sitting on the ground. I'd had enough of popping the breaker when kicking on the system. Yeah, I know, bit it's an old house. Works like a champ. Can't speak for cleaning up the sound since my outlets aren't even properly grounded and there's a very slight low-level hum heard on idle that's still there . . . I'm still waiting to redo the entire bi-amp system replacing the DC300A-II and D150A-II with PS400 and PS200 but the Adcom gives me the benefit of adding the turn-on delay that's built into the PS-series amps without the effort. My only complaint is I wish they'd used more 3-way grounded outlets since even my Soundcraftsmen Pro-EQ 44 has a three-prong plug. I just used the biggest honking outlet center I bought with my first Macintosh over twenty-years ago, ran it from the switched outlet on the Soundcraftsmen Pro-Control Four, hooked the trigger from the Adcom to the outlet center and plugged the three-pronged accessories into the outlet center. Figure any conditioning the Pro-Control pre-amp gains from the Adcom will be relayed to the outlet center and all accessories.

So, Squeezebox last week and power sequencer this week, who says you can't breath new life into these old electronics?
    (What a whacky new emoticon that came with the site upgrade!)

Thread Information