Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Array 1400

Array 1400

I have read that the woofer in these, the LE14H-3 is NLA. Is this true? If someone were to purchase these, what kind of warrenty would be there if there was a defective woofer?

Also, has anyone heard these with McIntosh equipment? If you have, what are your impressions?

Are these a great upgrade to the S2600 speakers that would be worthy of change? These would be my last speaker purchase ever and I want to get it right. I really would like to hear the 4338 & S4600 also but I guess that is impossible for me at this time( I haven't heard the 1400 arrays either).

Associated eq=
    McIntosh MC 402
    McIntosh C46
    Marantz Sa-8001 cdp

Room=
    30x13x8

Yes, I do listen to loud music sometimes.

Thanks for your repsonses.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    If someone were to purchase these, what kind of warrenty would be there if there was a defective woofer?
    JBL replaces bad drivers using the serial number of the loudspeaker system. In other words, if you have a bad LE14H-3 in a 1400 Array you call JBL Customer Service, give them the serial number of the 1400 Array loudpseaker and they send you a replacement driver as long as the warranty of the 1400 Array hasn't expired. Your JBL Synthesis Dealer can give you detailed information.

Eh...Does this mean that if your warranty expires and you blow a woofer, your stuffed?

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Okay. Thanks. What happens AFTER the warranty ends?

Also, any thoughts on the sound compared to the S2600 (or S3100)?

Thanks

Also, any thoughts on the sound compared to the S2600 (or S3100)?

Thanks
    I have done some listening do them with ARC electronics. They sound great. Very smooth and detailed with a low end that really kicks.

I have not auditioned the S2600/S3100 but i would be surprised if the world have not moved forward since they were launched.

IMO the 435AL is a great driver at a modest pricepoint.

Edit: Modest might be pushing it, but compared to the 435Be at least.....

-Tim

The 1400 Array is a current product. The warranty period is for five years. JBL will continue to have replacement LE14H-3 woofers available to owners of these systems for a number of years beyond the warranty period of the last units sold so they should be available for many years to come.

Additionally the new rubber surround materials that JBL is using should last significantly longer than the traditional foam that had been used in the past. It is conceivable that barring abuse, a LE14H-3 might out live it's owner.

Widget

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Eh...Does this mean that if your warranty expires and you blow a woofer, your stuffed?

-Tim
    No, it means you then have to pay for the driver. They will sell you the driver based on the serial number of the loudspeaker system. That replacement driver will have the usual 90 day parts warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    No, it means you then have to pay for the driver. They will sell you the driver based on the serial number of the loudspeaker system. That replacement driver will have the usual 90 day parts warranty.

Good good

-Tim

How does the titanium tweeter differ from a Be tweeter? Is there an Array system 'upgrade'?

Is there an Array system 'upgrade'?
    The quick answer is no however if you are willing to measure, tweek the networks, if required, and obtain the drivers on your own it could be done. We already know to change out a 435AL to a 435Be requires network change the tweeters?? Don't know yet.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Okay. Never mind about the upgrade-way beyond my capibilities anyway. I am thinking of buying these but have a tough time since I have not been able to hear them-hell, I never heard the S2600 speakers before I bought them either but these cost a bit more.

So, can anyone else on this board confirm what they know about them in terms of dynamics, sound-whatever.

As discussed many times before, the market for these, as well as all other higher end JBL speakers, is diminished in the U.S. due to a lack of dealer showrooms to give a listen-not to mention the lack of being able to even BUY the speakers.

So, can anyone else on this board confirm what they know about them in terms of dynamics, sound-whatever.
    I seem to recall being regaled with ample support for the quality of the 1400 Array when I was tempted. Many called them one of the best and rated them a level above the vaunted 250ti and any of the 43xx monitors, if I remember correctly. It got my interest, for sure. Grab a snack and a chair and start here: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23210

Have you tried the search function?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Obsolete
    The LE14H-3 has the same splendid bottom end that its predecessors had (LE14H, LE14H-1). It has never had a better top end complement than the 1400 Array Horn/435AL/045TI. This same top end is used in the Synthesis SAM1HF.

Yes, I have tried the search function. Quite often. It seems like there are a few people who have heard and/or own these and like them quite a bit. I a quite sure I would too, however, I want to be sure.

Since I have invested some $ into electronics, I want the match to work.

Sorry to beat this to death but I have another question. Since these are rear ported, does placement have a great effect? The S2600 speakers are front ported & work well in my room. My concern stems from wondering how far from the walls ( side & rear ) these should be. I could not find any mention of this in a search.

Thanks.

Thread Information