Imagine my disappoinment...

I finally get my wife to agree to a babysitter so we can go out and actually hear some live music. It's been years since I've been in a small club, but as luck would have it a brand new Blues club just opened up in Worcester Mass. And a stellar new act is in town - the Nicole Nelson Band. If you have a chance to see this young lady - DO IT !!!! (www.nicolenelsonband.com).

Anyway, we get a good seat near the front and the show starts almost immediately. To my horror I suddenly realize that the sound is all wrong. There's no real high end and the low end ain't there either. To make matters worse her excellent (!!!) vocals are somewhat blurred and hard to make out clearly. The reason ? I look up and see what appears to be a shiny new Bose pro sound system in the house. Must be about a hundred little speaker cones up there all trying to get it togeher. There's the familiar 9-driver (901-esque) arrays plus something I've not seen before. Directly above the stage about 15 feet in the air are 4 rectangular cabs (2 forward and 2 facing rear) with about 8 slightly larger (6" maybe?) drivers each. Some sort of strange attempt at bass I guess. Sure as hell didn't work.

I was so sad to think that I've heard MUCH better sound from a pair of EON 2-ways at weddings.

Cross that club off my list....

jblnut