Thread: International members database

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JBL 4645

Smile International members database

I was thinking since this site is mostly made-up of (international members) why not then...

Make an (international database searching engine) for finding international members by county.

When visiting the member list its an A to Z and international members can’t be easily found as it amounts to one thing (a needle in haystack). http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/memberlist.php

bop, Johnny any mod??

The most likely way to make this happen would be to address Jelsoft directly.

The vbulletin software is run without modifications.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

JBL 4645
    I’m unfamiliar with that name, but I seem to get the idea. So it’s doable to have menu on the site to locate all the international LHF members by country selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I’m unfamiliar with that name, but I seem to get the idea. So it’s doable to have menu on the site to locate all the international LHF members by country selection.
    Its unknown, What he said was that Jelsoft (the vbulletin software company) would have to write code to search and extract that data and sort it onto a page/menu for display. It doesn't currently exist in the code.

Of course, that all depends on the USERS/Members actually LISTING where they live in their profiles - it won't work when folks leave it blank or just post things like "Planet Earth" ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Hello Ashley

The best we can do with what we have is use the Members List, Advanced Search function. You can search by Location there. But for it to work, as Heather pointed out, everyone would have to put their real country there. You could them add them to your friends list to have a quick snapshot of people in your region.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

JBL 4645
    Names like planet earth are just not worth giving them the time of day. Leaving it blank is no good.

Oh, that seems to work a little bit. I placed United Kingdom and find myself on the first page along with a few others. Sigh, I have to remember that some put England on the profile. Yeah seems to work, cheers, Rob.

United Kingdom
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/memberlist.php?do=getall

England

Blimey not a lot here from the UK, hmm I wonder that will work…yeah sure does

UK

Oh, so there quite a few here from the United Kingdom, England, UK! Arr one more thing!

Great Britain nope that doesn’t work!

I guess some are still living in mommies basement, with no pride of there county. So it would work but for most it would just end up

Another thought is that some members may have a real nice collection of gear or have encountered thieves in the past and may not want to give details of where they are on such a wide-open forum. I haven't lived at home with the P&M for decades, but I still want to be pretty vague on where my home is (DC or Virginia) even if there are a few million folks in my area ...

Your Mileage May Vary ...

Sock Puppets Must DIE
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Another thought is that some members may have a real nice collection of gear or have encountered thieves in the past and may not want to give details of where they are on such a wide-open forum. I haven't live at home with the P&M for years, but I still want to be pretty vague on where my home is (DC or Virginia) even if there are a few million folks in my area ...

Your Mileage May Vary ...

Sock Puppets Must DIE
    You know with a little patience and the EYE ABOVE in the sky it shouldn’t take long to look though Google Earth for something that looks close to your garden.

I can find my friends homes I’ve even seen a picture of me and my friend where I helped him to build a garage on the side of his house and I even noticed the vehicle driving down the road with large camera on the roof of the car, now then! That was 2 ½ years ago.

My friend told me when he was looking on Google Earth.

All they then need to do is drop down to Google street and notice your vehicle parked outside along with street name and number and maybe even picture of you and Emma both shovelling snow outside.

It’s the thing you don’t even notice is the car with large camera on the roof driving around!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You know with a little patience and the EYE ABOVE in the sky it shouldn’t take long to look though
    Google Earth for something that looks close to your garden.

All they then need to do is drop down to Google street and notice your vehicle parked outside along with street name and number and maybe even picture of you and Emma both shovelling snow outside.

It’s the thing you don’t even notice is the car with large camera on the roof driving around!

We have too many trees here, we basically live in a forest here and we are VERY shielded from Satellite -
    You can't see our house or our pond from the sky on Google maps -
    I know where we are and I've looked it up and we aren't there.

There are no Google street view pix of our area -
    certainly not on days when the road is blocked by snow -
    be sensible man!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    We have too many trees here, we basically live in a forest here and we are VERY shielded from Satellite -
    You can't see our house or our pond from the sky on Google maps -
    I know where we are and I've looked it up and we aren't there.

There are no Google street view pix of our area -
    certainly not on days when the road is blocked by snow -
    be sensible man!
    You might have deflector shields up in the summertime but when autumn comes around what happens! Don’t count on it your not Robin of Sherwood Forest once the leafs fall your visible.

Anyway as for the sock puppets I left a hint on the other thread and I’m sure, the sock puppet will get the message. His timing was lousy!

Thread Information