I recently purchased a set of Vintage JBL fr a 77 years old gentleman, the story start fr last year I went to local (Toronto,Canada) garage sale and the gentleman was selling his stuffs fr the basement, he took the pictures he want to sell and posted on his garage door.

I noticed that there was a Mcintosh MR78 sitting there and asked him if he want to sell, but his answer is "NO", I then keep his home address in mind and hope he will change his mind later...

This year I went back to him and asked him the same question, he then ask me to give my phone # to him and he will think about it, just before I turn around and ready to go to next garage sales, he told me that he have a HUGE speakers in the basement and was custom build in 80s which he got this fr his friend when his friend need some money .

I went to the basement and "WOW", the speakers are 50Hx19Dx25W, with the mint 375/2309/2310 on top and 075/2121/LE15A in the speaker the crossover are N7000 and LX5,also it have a seperate "250HZ ferquency dividing network.
his system also with MINT SAE XXXpreamp /XXXIB power amp , both with wooden cages. Of course the MR78 also inclurded,(with some bubbles on the face plate. otherwise it is in excellent shape.

I asked hime how much he want for ALL, he told me that he paid his friend 2500 in 80s and he paid 600 for the tuner. He need to talk to his son first and will let me know later, his son will check on the internet and friends too.

Couple days later I called him up and he want 2750, and we finally end up with 2500, about USD1800., seems not bad.

I took everything home and all JBL in excellent shape but LE15A and 2121 need to replace the surround (after 20 years ,I think is normal???)

Am I paid too much or not, what you think the CURRENT MARKET PRICE on this package???Am I lucky or STUPID???