Hello Lads,
I joined the big stupid speaker club, and now own a pair of Altec A7 VOT speakers
My local college got some money in their budget and upgraded their sound system. They auction off all their old stuff, and things students leave behind, which is amazing in itself.
I won a pair of VOT cabinets with 515B woofers and two pair of horns with 288C drivers, and one with 9803B horns and a pair with 311 60 horns.

I used an extra Pioneer HPM 100 crossover to test them at home, and in a over used word they are "Awesome" I am making room for them in my house as they are going nowhere.

I need some help, as in my searches, a lot of reference to "bracing the boxes" and adding insulation.

There is no doubt they need bracing and a whole lot more insulation, as a volume increase over normal listening really resonate the top and sides.

I ordered a Behringer crossover so I can play with roll off points, and I got a great price on the Jabo horns from germany

So How does one "brace" these cabinets? and does stuffing the flares with insulation kick up the Bass a little?

Thank you,

Donald Bowman