Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supply of OEM 2405 diaphragms rare?

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    There IS one part that will fit, in fact it fits ANY auto, no matter the age, well, since 1905 or so.
    Can't be a spark plug because there are now many sizes, reaches, etc. Tires? Though I can't even find decent 165/70x13s anymore, much less the 10" or 8" I need for my micro-cars. Certainly not bulbs. Schrader valve? But not exactly on the run-flats these days, I don't think, and certainly the valve stem itself is different today. Okay, with the hint I'll go with Schrader valve.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    There IS one part that will fit, in fact it fits ANY auto, no matter the age, well, since 1905 or so.
    Lets see - that would be the nut behind the wheel!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Schraeder valves used to keep air in the tires. But even some of these may now have been changed with the new tire pressure sensors that are built into the valve stems. Also used on motorcycles, ATVs, bicycles, etc. But, how is this on topic and how does it help the original poster?

Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    I have an old pair of 2405 slots that I just bought and that have been used in pro SR.
    Question:
    Are there plenty of JBL OEM diaphragms for these drivers or are they now getting more scarce?
    They appear to still be readily available for sale.

Opinion/Hearsay:
    I assume JBL will no longer make these as a result of their decision to no longer cater to the vintage community; right?
    Statement, which answers original question if logically followed to conclusion:
    My drivers have OEM frams and they work, but I assume they have been hammered a ton.
    Then more speculation in the form of a question:
    I suppose my real question is whether it is likely people will start to hord remaining OEM parts and drive up prices or are the existing inventories reasonably high such that parts will be around for a couple of years or more?
    Which I interpret as "can I afford to postpone purchase of new/OEM 2405
    diaphragms?" ... who can possibly answer that other than the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Which I interpret as "can I afford to postpone purchase of new/OEM 2405
    diaphragms?" ... who can possibly answer that other than the OP?
    That, and he estimates the price to increase 15% per year. If you believe that parts may become scarce, are going to increase steadily in cost, and the parts you currently have may be past their useful lifespan, then the answer would be fairly obvious.

I have an old pair of 2405 slots that I just bought and that have been used in pro SR.

Are there plenty of JBL OEM diaphragms for these drivers or are they now getting more scarce?

I assume JBL will no longer make these as a result of their decision to no longer cater to the vintage community; right?

My drivers have OEM frams and they work, but I assume they have been hammered a ton.
    I have bad experience with AF diaphragms for 2405/077, either in efficiency and HF range, so my suggestion is to use original D16R2405, even original one is about 3-4 times more expensive.

Thread Information